Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    kozarCB is offline New Member

Opinions on cruising and blasting.. instead of standard cycling?

Still researching for my next cycle, and started looking at cruising and blasting as a possible option. Unless I'm looking in the wrong threads, there doesn't seem to be much info on the best methods, results etc. I'm curious what are the pros/cons of cruising and blasting? How long do you usually run gear before you stop completely?
    Thanks in advance for responses.

Armykid93 is offline Productive Member
    There isn't a lot of info because not many people do it, as far as I know many many more people run cycles for specific lengths of time.
    Blast and cruise is only worth it if you plan on making a paycheck off bodybuilding. That's what I was taught.
    Hopefully a vet can break it down for you better.

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    ^^^^ x2

Cannabinerd is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Armykid93 View Post
    There isn't a lot of info because not many people do it, as far as I know many many more people run cycles for specific lengths of time.
    Blast and cruise is only worth it if you plan on making a paycheck off bodybuilding. That's what I was taught.
    Hopefully a vet can break it down for you better.
    If someone wants to cycle and they are already on TRT or HRT, blast/cruise is the only option, correct?

Armykid93 is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannabinerd View Post

If someone wants to cycle and they are already on TRT or HRT, blast/cruise is the only option, correct?
    Again brotha idk. I'm a novice in this world still. I gave all the info I know.

JWP806 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannabinerd View Post
    Yes, they will keep their trt dose going year round except for a period of time where they will "blast."

If you do not already have low testosterone , blasting and cruising is going to heavily increase your chances that you will need to be on trt the rest of your life. The longer your test production is shut down, the greater the chances are that it won't start up again once you come of a long blast and cruise.

The Bear 79 is offline Banned
    Pro's: No more gain , lose, gain, lose, gain, lose. You can make consistent gains while losing a hardly noticeable amount during your 2 - 3 week cruise between blasts. And if done properly, you generally feel like a million bucks around the clock.

Cons: You are likely to end up on TRT / HRT if you're not already. And you have to maintain constant record & treatment of your blood pressure, cholesterol & estrogen levels among other elements.

Most people cycle between 8 - 12 weeks & then run PCT. I have been on a 8 - 10 week blast & 2 - 3 week cruise since March (I blast 8 - 10 wks & then cruise 2 - 3 wks, & so on & on), I don't regret it one tiny bit, but I researched & weighed the consequences for over a year before pulling the trigger. My goal is to be the worlds strongest man in the very near future, that's why I decided to blast & cruise.

Think long & hard on this one bro, by the time you hit your 3rd or 4th blast, there's pretty much no turning back, the chance of recovering natural hormone production will be practically nil. I'm not saying it's impossible, but it's very unlikely by that point off shut down.

That's the info i was looking for. I'm in my mid 30's and normal test score is 520, so not too bad. Goals do not include having to be on trt, so I'm thinking that experimenting with cruising and blasting is not the best plan.

Mrcivil is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bear 79
    Pro's: No more gain , lose, gain, lose, gain, lose. You can make consistent gains while losing a hardly noticeable amount during your 2 - 3 week cruise between blasts. And if done properly, you generally feel like a million bucks around the clock.

Cons: You are likely to end up on TRT / HRT if you're not already. And you have to maintain constant record & treatment of your blood pressure, cholesterol & estrogen levels among other elements.

Most people cycle between 8 - 12 weeks & then run PCT. I have been on a 8 - 10 week blast & 2 - 3 week cruise since March (I blast 8 - 10 wks & then cruise 2 - 3 wks, & so on & on), I don't regret it one tiny bit, but I researched & weighed the consequences for over a year before pulling the trigger. My goal is to be the worlds strongest man in the very near future, that's why I decided to blast & cruise.

Think long & hard on this one bro, by the time you hit your 3rd or 4th blast, there's pretty much no turning back, the chance of recovering natural hormone production will be practically nil. I'm not saying it's impossible, but it's very unlikely by that point off shut down.
    It is still possible to recover your natural test in some instances I had a close friend who ran for 2 and a half years straight came off no pct and got his natural test back but it took nearly a year. But he is back on now after a couple years off.
    But 99% of people who blast and cruise fr any length of time will be on trt for life

Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    Above ^^^^ Love your avi man

dan991 is offline Anabolic Member
    I'm not sold on "cruising" or "blasting" as really doing anything. I'm on TRT- 240 mg of Test Cyp a week. Have all my AI's, HCG , etc. My doc is pretty liberal and very knowledgable to the point that I flat out asked him. His belief is that although it may give some SMALL gain; its not enough to justify the potential sides to do it. He has the same view on HGH. He would write me a script for it but his opinion is that it's not worth the money. Granted, opinion's very but I'm skeptical.

Appreciate all the input.. top notch as always. I'm surprised it's difficult to find solid info on this method. I'll be sticking to a typical test base for 12 weeks, plus Tbol to kick it off this time.

Quote Originally Posted by dan68131 View Post
    I'm not sold on "cruising" or "blasting" as really doing anything. I'm on TRT- 240 mg of Test Cyp a week. Have all my AI's, HCG, etc. My doc is pretty liberal and very knowledgable to the point that I flat out asked him. His belief is that although it may give some SMALL gain; its not enough to justify the potential sides to do it. He has the same view on HGH. He would write me a script for it but his opinion is that it's not worth the money. Granted, opinion's very but I'm skeptical.
    Do you have children or want children? Hcg is a friend

Quote Originally Posted by Capebuffalo

None yet, and really no desire to have any. But hcg is definitely part of my routine. On cycle and post cycle.

I'm not sold on "cruising" or "blasting" as really doing anything. I'm on TRT- 240 mg of Test Cyp a week. Have all my AI's, HCG, etc. My doc is pretty liberal and very knowledgable to the point that I flat out asked him. His belief is that although it may give some SMALL gain; its not enough to justify the potential sides to do it. He has the same view on HGH. He would write me a script for it but his opinion is that it's not worth the money. Granted, opinion's very but I'm skeptical.
    "SMALL gain"?!?!?! HA!! I went from about 235 + lbs & 11% body fat to 270 + lbs & 9% body fat in about 8-1/2 months of blast & cruise.

Hows that for "SMALL gain"????.......lol

Just because he's a doctor, doesn't mean he knows anabolic steroids .

FONZY007 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bear 79
    "SMALL gain"?!?!?! HA!! I went from about 235 + lbs & 11% body fat to 270 + lbs & 9% body fat in about 8-1/2 months of blast & cruise.

Just because he's a doctor, doesn't mean he knows anabolic steroids.
    Damn bear beast mode pal!!

Quote Originally Posted by Capebuffalo View Post
    I have kids already however I am on HCG and Arimidex , and also have Hyrdrocholorthizide (water pills).

Quote Originally Posted by The Bear 79 View Post

I assure you- my doc knows all about anabolics as well as bodybuilding.

But.. 8 1/2 months? Are you on TRT year round?

I have kids already however I am on HCG and Arimidex, and also have Hyrdrocholorthizide (water pills).
    He has the same view on HGH. He would write me a script for it but his opinion is that it's not worth the money.
    Then I would let him write a scrip.

You forgot to explain that only works if you eat a lot of goods.
    Everybody thinks they eat enough.

I assure you- my doc knows all about anabolics as well as bodybuilding.

But.. 8 1/2 months? Are you on TRT year round?
    Not yet. But I know I will be whenever I decide to come off this cycle. As of right now, every 8 or 10 weeks, I stop the Tren . & lower my Test. dose to 200 mg/wk for 2 or 3 weeks & then I reintroduce the Tren. & up my Test. dose for another 8 - 10 weeks.

Not yet. But I know I will be whenever I decide to come off this cycle. As of right now, every 8 or 10 weeks, I stop the Tren. & lower my Test. dose to 200 mg/wk for 2 or 3 weeks & then I reintroduce the Tren. & up my Test. dose for another 8 - 10 weeks.
    Hmmm.... well let us know how it works out when you've been on TRT for a full year and THEN do a blast cycle. Outcome may be different especially when you stop the Tren . I've been on TRT for 6/7 months now and I am seeing significant gains just keeping my dosage of test cyp as prescribed.

He has the same view on HGH. He would write me a script for it but his opinion is that it's not worth the money.
    Then I would let him write a scrip.
    For what? From my understanding; you have to be on HGH for a long time before you see any significant impact. HGH isn't cheap.... and I'm not sure I want the sides even if it was.

You forgot to explain that only works if you eat a lot of goods.
    Everybody thinks they eat enough.
    YES. As cape just pointed out, all the cycling in the world will only yield mickey mouse results if you don't eat right / enough. I currently eat 5,380 calories a day & I'm considering boosting it to 6,500 because I want to reach 300 lbs. Again as Cape stated, everybody thinks they eat enough but the truth is, most people hardly eat 1/3 of whats required to make the gains they're shooting for.

Guys... I'm on TRT for a reason; and its not to cycle.... Yea... I like the gain in muscle mass and all the positive benefits HOWEVER.... I'd rather NOT be on TRT if I didn't have to. That being said- my view is gonna differ from yours if you're using anabolics for "mass building" as a primary health issue. Mine has more to do with my nuts that don't work on their own. I do get the benefit of picking up a Test Cyp script at Walgreens though so...

thex95 is offline Senior Member
    blasting and cruisng is a pretty dam big commitment. The way I see it is your playing russian roulette with your test at that point with 5 out of 6 chamber loaded. others will disagree I am sure but I would never do it

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    how tall are u bear?? what weight did u start at when u ran ur first cycle?

Quote Originally Posted by thex95 View Post
    blasting and cruisng is a pretty dam big commitment. The way I see it is your playing russian roulette with your test at that point with 5 out of 6 chamber loaded. others will disagree I am sure but I would never do it
    I guess this could be a "glass half full or half empty" kinda thing, some see TRT as "I don't ever have to worry about natural production again, I will have the Test. levels of a 15 - 20 year old kid for the rest of my life" & others see as "Damn, I have to inject myself for the rest my life, this sucks (accompanied by the depression of the thought that you are some how less of a man because your nuts don't work right)"

I am in no way insinuating that people on TRT are lesser men, it was just a generalized assumption used for the purpose of making my point. That's all.

Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    how tall are u bear?? what weight did u start at when u ran ur first cycle?
    6'-2"

I was 204 lbs when I started my first cycle.

I guess this could be a "glass half full or half empty" kinda thing, some see TRT as "I don't ever have to worry about natural production again, I will have the Test. levels of a 15 - 20 year old kid for the rest of my life" & others see as "Damn, I have to inject myself for the rest my life, this sucks (accompanied by the depression of the thought that you are some how less of a man because your nuts don't work right)"

I am in no way insinuating that people on TRT are lesser men, it was just a generalized assumption used for the purpose of making my point. That's all.
    Actually people on TRT are a greater man because we can go to Walgreens with our script and then do 700 of test a week if we want and tell the cops lol

DanB is offline Banned
    what your test levels on 240mg as matter of interest? 240mg is a strange number too, how he expect you to accurately dose it

between that and the gh seems like a strange doc, is it a trt/life extension clinic or run of the mill doc?

So here's a logical question.....

What IF being on TRT actually gives you the gains you associate with cycling... without the cycling? If you could just do 100 mg of Test Cyp every week year round and get the results of doing a Test/Tren /Anavar /Whatever cycle.... which one would you do? What if "cycling" is all wrong due to sides that you lessen by doing long term TRT? Anyone research the variances between cycling and long term TRT yet (and document it)?

DanB is offline Banned
    So here's a logical question.....

What IF being on TRT actually gives you the gains you associate with cycling... without the cycling? If you could just do 100 mg of Test Cyp every week year round and get the results of doing a Test/Tren/Anavar/Whatever cycle.... which one would you do? What if "cycling" is all wrong due to sides that you lessen by doing long term TRT? Anyone research the variances between cycling and long term TRT yet (and document it)?
    The idea of TRT is to give normal test levels, so your basically asking will training natty all year give better results then doing 1-5 cycles per year, my understanding of why people make sometimes drastic gains when they start TRT is from having the test levels of a teenager again, pre TRT they had test of a 80yr old man and struggled to make any gains so it comes as a nice shock when they make quick gains at start of treatment

Also I dont see how the short term sides from a moderate cycle prop/var for example are worse then from TRT if everything is kept in normal ranges, I have heard storys of people having terrible trouble with TRT (including several members here) basically due to poor advise from docs undereducated on the treatment
    Last edited by DanB; 12-14-2012 at 05:35 PM.

Yea- but with "tuning" you can keep your TRT levels in the upper portion of the "normal" range quite easily. My test per blood work is around the 900's range which is pretty high (like 17/18 year old) as to where some people on TRT are in the 500's in happy. I stay in the 900's just because I feel a lot better than I do at 500 both which were tuned by blood work.

What I'm asking in my example is if you are strictly on cycles only to gain muscle mass (not because of medical necessity)... and you cycle 3 times a year where your test levels are going to 3 times the normal range... how much more if any benefit are you getting over someone that keeps themselves at 900 all year long. Make sense?

Quote Originally Posted by dan68131
    Yea- but with "tuning" you can keep your TRT levels in the upper portion of the "normal" range quite easily. My test per blood work is around the 900's range which is pretty high (like 17/18 year old) as to where some people on TRT are in the 500's in happy. I stay in the 900's just because I feel a lot better than I do at 500 both which were tuned by blood work.

What I'm asking in my example is if you are strictly on cycles only to gain muscle mass (not because of medical necessity)... and you cycle 3 times a year where your test levels are going to 3 times the normal range... how much more if any benefit are you getting over someone that keeps themselves at 900 all year long. Make sense?
    Valid question, and probably the basis of the original post. It makes sense that unless you want to inject yourself on the regular - forever - you want to come off periodically to allow your natty production to get back to normal.

That's what HCG 's for :-)

Bio-Active is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Bro do run run labs? Just curious how your t levels are when cruising and how high they are when you blast?
    6'-2"

I was 204 lbs when I started my first cycle.

I get blood work every 90 days, I'm due in about 3 weeks, I'll post the results. I'm out of town right now otherwise I'd reference one of my recent. I can tell you my T levels a ridiculously off the charts, my doctor literally calls me "retarded" & laughs (he's a good friend of the family for many years) But my LDL / HDL, Estrogen & blood pressure are flawlessly under control.......................for the record.

Bio-Active is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Nice!!! My last labs showed my Total T at a 3,215 Ref 250-1100 NG/DL and free T at 975 Ref 0-155 Pg/Ml. We thought that was pretty high with no sides

Quote Originally Posted by jim230027 View Post
    Nice!!! My last labs showed my Total T at a 3,215 Ref 250-1100 NG/DL and free T at 975 Ref 0-155 Pg/Ml. We thought that was pretty high with no sides
    Under what dose(s)?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information