Trying-Hard is offline Associate Member

2nd cycle...Test & Var

Hello everyone...

Some of you may remember me. I had a log going on my test only 1st cycle. Incase you don't remember:
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...!#.UNU3KaX3B-0

Stats as of today:
    31 yrs old
    5'7
    194 lbs morning weight
    15% (guess)

So, I have thought long and hard about my 2nd cycle and I decided to take the advice of the vets on here being "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" which is why I have decided to run a test only cycle again. But only this time I would like to try Anavar . So, here it goes..

Cycle:
    wk 1-12: Test cyp @ 500mg/wk (250x2)
    wk 7-14: Anavar @ 60mg/ed
    NOTE: I will take var up until 1 day before PCT

wk 1-12: HCG 500IUs/wk (250x2)
    wk 13-14: HCG 1000IUs/wk (500x2)
    NOTE: I will stop HCG 5 days before PCT

wk 1-14: adex .5mg/eod
    NOTE 1: (Higher dose due to being E2 sensitive - will get BW 6 weeks into cycle and adjust if needed)
    NOTE 2: (Will take AI up until the day of PCT, then drop it)

PCT:
    14 days after last shot:
    Clomid: 100/50/50/50
    Nolva: 40/20/20/20/20/20

Goals:
    200 lbs morning weight @ 12%

Questions / comments:
    1. The reason why I am incorporating Var the last 8 weeks versus the first 8 weeks is because on my 1st cycle of test cyp, I got really bloated towards the end of the cycle. So I am hoping that the Var would shed off some bloat. Is my thinking correct?

2. Assuming my diet and training are spot on, are my goals reasonable?

3. Anything you would change for a 2nd cycle?

4. I will start this cycle in March

THANK YOU!
    Last edited by Trying-Hard; 12-22-2012 at 10:20 AM.

Knockout_Power is offline "Even sexier than Siggy"
    Nothing really wrong with the layout, but as Ive mentioned on 2 other posts today about Var, it really is weak compared to Test so it ends up being an expensive addition and not worth the return. I dont think Var will "dry you out". On its own it wont create a lot of bloat, but I dont think it will reduce from the Cyp. Bloat can come from a lot of reasons. Poor diet, too much salt, dehydration causing the body to store excess water. A simple AI like aromasin when you start feeling the bloat is much cheaper and will work a lot better

Lunk1 is offline aka "JOB"
    I agree with KP about bloat...it's not blamed on the test. Is the extre 2 weeks of Nolva on PCT needed?

I like the cycle...looks good!

Quote Originally Posted by Knockout_Power View Post
    Nothing really wrong with the layout, but as Ive mentioned on 2 other posts today about Var, it really is weak compared to Test so it ends up being an expensive addition and not worth the return. I dont think Var will "dry you out". On its own it wont create a lot of bloat, but I dont think it will reduce from the Cyp. Bloat can come from a lot of reasons. Poor diet, too much salt, dehydration causing the body to store excess water. A simple AI like aromasin when you start feeling the bloat is much cheaper and will work a lot better
    Thanks for the input. The main reason I added var was to incorporate a "cutting drug" since my main goal for this cycle is to get leaner (although not much). Money aside, is Var a poor choice for my goals? I want to stay away from Winny/tren /etc. for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunk1 View Post
    I agree with KP about bloat...it's not blamed on the test. Is the extre 2 weeks of Nolva on PCT needed?

I like the cycle...looks good!
    Thanks, Lunk.

Ok, so my bloat must have came in from the high E2 levels at the end of cycle, which this time should be controlled given that I will take adex .5/eod. Knowing that, should I drop the Var then?

As far as the extra 2 weeks of Nolva, it was recommended by Swifto / Jimmy and it is what I did this 1st cycle, and felt great.

Quote Originally Posted by Trying-Hard View Post
    Thanks, Lunk.

Ok, so my bloat must have came in from the high E2 levels at the end of cycle, which this time should be controlled given that I will take adex .5/eod. Knowing that, should I drop the Var then?

As far as the extra 2 weeks of Nolva, it was recommended by Swifto / Jimmy and it is what I did this 1st cycle, and felt great.
    I'm assuming their recommendation was due to the gyno issues...it is fine, just wondered!

I would leave the Var...unlike KP (everyone has opinion) I like Var to end a cycle...I would actuall back it up 2 weeks and use it as a bridge to your PCT!

Yes...bloat is cause by the thinks KP mentioned so if E2 was an issue then absolutely there is a good chance it was the cause!

Wes201 is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for the input. The main reason I added var was to incorporate a "cutting drug" since my main goal for this cycle is to get leaner (although not much). Money aside, is Var a poor choice for my goals? I want to stay away from Winny/tren/etc. for now.
    Var is a awsome shredder, but for optimal results i'd up the dose to at least 70mg ed....i dont think 50 will yield much benifit.....just my .02....and run it for the last 6 weeks, up to 8 max!

Diet is the best cutter. To me, regardless of what properties a compound may exhibit, the only thing they are really good for is sustaining muscle when hard dieting.

Would like to hear the results of this cycle. Will you be posting it along the way? Not enough guys post their results, I like to see what different compounds do for people.

Either route you take, your heads in the right place so it should be successful either way. Its nice to see the "more is better" approach is slowly going away around here.

Quote Originally Posted by Wes201 View Post
    Var is a awsome shredder, but for optimal results i'd up the dose to at least 70mg ed....i dont think 50 will yield much benifit.....just my .02....and run it for the last 6 weeks, up to 8 max!
    Personally not having a lot of experience with it, this is what most of the users I know say. 40-60ED is good for strength and a little muscle. 60-80ED is the sweet spot for weight loss and muscle growth

Wes201 is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    Diet is the best cutter. To me, regardless of what properties a compound may exhibit, the only thing they are really good for is sustaining muscle when hard dieting.

Would like to hear the results of this cycle. Will you be posting it along the way? Not enough guys post their results, I like to see what different compounds do for people.

Either route you take, your heads in the right place so it should be successful either way. Its nice to see the "more is better" approach is slowly going away around here.

I'm actually running it now, and will be for the remainder of my current cycle, 6 more weeks 80mg ed..... ill let you know the results

I'm assuming their recommendation was due to the gyno issues...it is fine, just wondered!

I would leave the Var...unlike KP (everyone has opinion) I like Var to end a cycle...I would actuall back it up 2 weeks and use it as a bridge to your PCT!

Yes...bloat is cause by the thinks KP mentioned so if E2 was an issue then absolutely there is a good chance it was the cause!
    Thanks, Lunk.

So you recommend Var to be incorporated starting wk 7 up until PCT, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Wes201 View Post
    Thanks for the input.

Thanks, KP. I agree that diet is key. It is just that I have heard great things about Var and it's ability to harden/cut.

I will most certainly be logging my cycle and results, just as I did with my 1st cycle.
    Last edited by Trying-Hard; 12-21-2012 at 11:48 PM.

yep...start week 7 and drop it day before pct. It will help keep gains often lost during that 2 weeks before PCT

yep...start week 7 and drop it day before pct. It will help keep gains often lost during that 2 weeks before PCT
    Would you still recommend starting Var at wk 7 and bridging it into PCT if I told you that on my last cycle, I gained weight between last shot and PCT..=) It wasn't until day 8 of PCT that my weight loss commenced.

Also, how do you feel about 50mg/ed versus 60-80mg/ed?
    Last edited by Trying-Hard; 12-21-2012 at 11:59 PM.

Would you still recommend starting Var at wk 7 and bridging it into PCT if I told you that on my last cycle, I gained weight between last shot and PCT..=) It wasn't until day 8 of PCT that my weight loss commenced.

Also, how do you feel about 50mg/ed versus 60-80mg/ed?
    yes...sounds like you had some E2 issues and most likely it was water weight gained...

I do like the higher dose range but thats ME...

yes...sounds like you had some E2 issues and most likely it was water weight gained...
    Good point. Ok, OP updated..=)

As far as Var dose, I would like to hear more opinions if possible from people that have experience with it so I can finalize my dose. From the little that people posted on here, it sounds like I should up my dose to at least 60-70 mg??
    Last edited by Trying-Hard; 12-22-2012 at 12:19 AM.

Let's hear your opinions, Var users..=)

80mg ed

Thanks, Lunk. But, I think I am going to stick with 60mg this time around.

Final cycle updated in OP. If anyone else thinks there is something that should change, please let me know. If not, I will be looking forward to logging this cycle when the time comes. =)

Thanks, Lunk. But, I think I am going to stick with 60mg this time around.

Final cycle updated in OP. If anyone else thinks there is something that should change, please let me know. If not, I will be looking forward to logging this cycle when the time comes. =)
    It's a fine dose...60-100 is my prefered range depending on the individual

Thanks, Lunk.

I guess I do have one more question....When taking 60mg of Var via 10mg tabs, what s the best protocol to take them?? 2 pill 3x/day? All at once?

2 X per day is fine! Like anything, the more you spread it out the more stable blood leves stay. I go for Morn and night with food. Just make sure it's same timed ED!

Got ya. Thanks a bunch, Lunk.

harley121 is offline Associate Member
    Not to be a moron, but what if you only had enough Anavar to do 70 mg- like an odd no. ? Would you do 3tablets, 2, 2 per day- 30mg/ 20mg/ 20mg/ per day- morning / noon and nite or what?

t-dogg is offline Recognized Member Winner - $100
    If your diet is sound, you will like the results. Alot.

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    Your HCG is to high only needs to be 250x2 a week.And I would bump the Var up to 70 or 80mg a day.

Quote Originally Posted by songdog View Post
    Your HCG is to high only needs to be 250x2 a week.And I would bump the Var up to 70 or 80mg a day.
    It is only 250x2 a week, for the exception of the last two weeks where I bump it up to 500x2 a week and drop it 5 days before PCT. Once again, this was advice from Swifto on my 1st cycle. If you don't agree, I'd like to hear why.

Thread Information