skin13 is offline New Member

revivogen as a hair loss treatment

im currently on an eq/test cycle and im nervous about hair loss.it seems like ive already started to lose hair and im only in the fourth week. Ive found a product called Revivogen. Its a topical shampoo that reduces dht. Does anyone know anything about this product?? Is it safe but yet effective?

bump

bump

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    I have posted some info below. It is all natural, most of which you can by over the counter. This is a commercial treatment, meaning it is not a medicinal treatment. I personally would stick with proven treatments. As you can see there are no published clinical results only claimed results with no proof to back it up. While I think some of the ingredients are good for you, the proven hairloss fighters are:

DHT Blockers:

Propecia/Proscar
    Avodart

Growth Stimulator:

Rogaine - 5% is best

Shampoo:

Nizoral - May just have a minor impact. Some results show equivalency to to 2% minoxidil.

Those in the know use a regimine of a DHT blocker, Growth Stimulator, and Nizoral at the same time. The results seem cumulative. Avodart is the strongest available DHT conversion blocker.

Summary:
    Revivogen is a natural formula and shampoo to help treat hair loss. Revivogen uses all-natural herbs and minerals to help block Dihydrotestosterone (DHT), the male hormone believed to be responsible for causing hair loss. The main herbal ingredients of Revivogen are:
    Gamma Linolenic Acid (GLA), Alpha Linolenic Acid (ALA), Linoleic Acid, and Oleic Acid- Essential Fatty Acids
    Azelaic Acid
    Vitamin B6
    Zinc
    Saw Palmetto Extract
    Pygeum
    Procyanidin Oligomers (Grape Seed Extract)

Treatment Type - All natural ingredients which have scientific evidence of DHT-reduction or blocking.

Claimed Results - Their internal clinical testing showed 88% reduction of hair loss within 8 weeks, thickening of hair in 91% of individuals by week 12 and additional improvements in density over the following 6-18 months.

Clinical Results - No independent double-blind, placebo controlled clinical testing yet, but their web site states that they are currently doing further clinical studies.

Side Effects - No major side effects were reported. Mild scalp irritation reported by less than 2% of individuals.

Cost Three months supply $89.00 with Shampoo $99.00

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    And by the way. If their claimed results were true then no one would need to look for anything else. I highly doubt it does anything but may slow hair loss a little if you are lucky.

any other inputs out there?bump

Needtobeswoledup is offline Associate Member
    Saw Palmetto is the only ingredient listed that I've heard about blocking dht. I don't know about the rest. I'd take Scottp's advice and get one of the "proven hairloss fighters" that he listed.

mshane is offline New Member
    This is really informative. My Dad's been thinking what's the best treatment for his baldness. He's been wearing wig for almost 2 years know and he's not really proud of it. Thanks!
    hair loss treatment

Ackee_walk is offline New Member
    Hi! I began my treatment in June. I'm now using Matthew Gardson's method... very good alternative. It takes months to see a difference but then it's wonderful. It's important to be regular, though, as in every change of routine.

Thread Information