Thread: Andro Gel

bignast is offline New Member

Question Andro Gel

I was wondering about Andro gel, there is 5 grams of testosterone in one pack. Would that be enough for an anabolic affect, if not does anyone know what would be a proper dosage for this rub in gel. I weigh 250 at 6'2". Please help

Mastiff is offline Member
    You only get around 1% of the test absorbed by the body. That would be 50mg in one pack, which is one dose. I think you could get at least a mild anabolic effect from that. That would be equivalent to 350mg test/week.

So should i take one pack a day or two? I know quite a bit about other AS but this one is new and i have never taken anything before.

At 250lbs, I'd take 2 a day. I'd spread it out morning and evening.

Thanks a lot for the info, one more question if you don't mind- would two weeks be enough to be on this or should i go for 3-4, i know these are knid of broad questions but i would appreciate all the help i can get.

also should i take this every day or every other day?

I'd go with every day. This stuff was designed for guys who are not producing enough test, to bring them up to normal. They are supposed to take it every day, pretty much forever. Since you have natural test production, I would just treat this as a normal cycle where you are doing something like test susp or test prop daily at 100mg. I would do a normal 10 or 12 week cycle, but thats up to you. You can run it shorter if you want. Don't apply the gel anywhere besides your stomach, upper arms and shoulders. Do not put the gel on irritated skin or open sores. Don't put it on your balls. Wait a few minutes to let the stuff dry before putting your shirt on, and wash your hands after using it. Don't let your girlfriend or your kids touch you where you applied the gel. Have clomid ready for when you stop, start taking it the day after you stop the androgel

projectsherv is offline Associate Member
    i have a friend who has disgustingly big and ripped forearms, and he claims he got them from rubbing androgel on his forearms every day for a while or something.

m16a2 is offline Senior Member
    Originally posted by Mastiff
    I'd go with every day. This stuff was designed for guys who are not producing enough test, to bring them up to normal. They are supposed to take it every day, pretty much forever.
    Why do you think that they would put 5g's of test into the gel and have people rub it in every day for the rest of their life? Why don't they just let these guys take a shot with a long acting ester -- it seems so much more reasonable and efficient.

They can charge a lot more for it. Its new and they have the patent on it. Most people are scared of needles, and wouldn't consider sticking themselves. Look at all the posts we get about fina and DMSO. If you go to a doctor for low test he will almost certainly put you on androgel . You will probably have to fight to get him to prescribe an injectable, and then he will want you to come into the office for the shot.

lwb357 is offline New Member
    Originally posted by Mastiff
    They can charge a lot more for it. Its new and they have the patent on it. Most people are scared of needles, and wouldn't consider sticking themselves. Look at all the posts we get about fina and DMSO. If you go to a doctor for low test he will almost certainly put you on androgel. You will probably have to fight to get him to prescribe an injectable, and then he will want you to come into the office for the shot.
    too true, and it's very hard to find one who will inject more often than every two weeks. this causes a roller coaster effect, with highs and lows in your levels. the andro products are supposed to mimick the daily release one should get normally and is effective at preventing the roller coaster effect.

SWALE is offline New Member
    For proper HRT, you should use test cyp instead of enanthate , and inject every week (for those choosing to use injectable). Longer intervals increase the chances of inducing polycythemia, and produces less steady serum levels. The 5gm Androgel pack actually contains only 1% testosterone , or 50mg. About 10% of that is absorbed, or 5mg. This is typical of transdermal delivery systems, including the patches.

Originally posted by Swale:

The 5gm Androgel pack actually contains only 1% testosterone , or 50mg. About 10% of that is absorbed, or 5mg. This is typical of transdermal delivery systems, including the patches.

Therefore, if you take 2 packs a day, you get 10 mg test a day, for an effective 70 mg/week. Thats an awfully small cycle, bro. It doesn't seem worth it. You would need 5 to 10 packs a day for an effective bodybuilding dose.

Mastiff--That's right. A guy would have to be smeared in the gel constantly. Alternatively, he could have patches stuck all over his body. Steroid usage is many, many times physiological serum T levels, but that is what it takes to build (and maintain!) huge muscle, of course. HRT is a different world, really, but there are enough similarites that I think we have the best chance of being accepted as steroid users by HRT docs. They are already fighting to get the word out on the benefits of hormone supplementation, and also will be light years ahead of anyone else in their understanding of how to manage the ancillaries (since they write for them every day).

simplyhuge is offline New Member
    does androgell shut down natural test production, because my doc wont put me on hrt cause she says it will prevent me from having kids later in life.

superjew is offline Associate Member
    simplyhuge.....If you have low test levels than you are ENTITLED to treatment bro! If she refuses to help you than tell her goodbye and find a doc. who will.

Whenever I add testosterone to a patient, be it an IM test cyp injection (the gold standard of HRT or Androgel (my preferred testosterone transdermal delivery system) I ALWAY see a drop in LH and FSH. That means the body is readjusting itself.

Superjew--I agree that men who have low serum T levels, or even those who may be closer to the bottom of "normal" but are experiencing the symptoms of hypogonadism, are ENTITLED to testosterone. Just like people who suffer emphysema and COPD are entitled to albuterol and Atrovent (for instance). The trick, however, is in finding a doctor who not only is willing to provide HRT, but also really knows how to.
    There is absolutley no evidence that TRT in any way destroys future fertility. I use protocols meant to protect a man's own system, and, if all else fails, some of the same medications can later be used to stimulate spermatogenesis.

Sorry about that. I couldn't get my response to post and get off my computer screen...

Mods please delete the repeats. There's nothing I have to say that is worth reading three times. Thank you.

FedSki is offline Creator of Cycle Planner
    Originally posted by SWALE
    Sorry about that. I couldn't get my response to post and get off my computer screen...

Mods please delete the repeats. There's nothing I have to say that is worth reading three times. Thank you.
    You can delete you own posts. Click edit and select the delete box top-left then press the 'Delete Now' button top-right.

BTW This is an interesting thread. I wonder how soon it will be before we are all rubbing steriods into our skin instead of injecting.

Thread Information