Mark88 is offline New Member

Testosterone Mechanism

Not Sure Where to Post this. My goal is to do research on a topic every week and post my findings hopefully to: 1) help me understand things 2) contribute to this forum. I get all my information from peer review books and journals. I like to be brief, so i like point form. I also don't want to be reinventing the wheel so if i do please let me know.

Pathway of Testosterone (Diagram)
    Attachment 133582Attachment 133583

1) starting material is cholesterol
    2) production of testosterone from cholesterol is limited by regulatory protein "stAR"
    3) stAR delivers cholesterol into mitochondria to continue along testosterone systhesis pathway
    4) *Important* - stAR is activated by LH
    5) Once enough testosterone is produced some will be converted to: 1) dihydrotestosterone (DHT) 2) Estradiol
    6) Negative feedback occurs to stop testosterone production (my next post with be on LH feedback)

Notes
    DHT
    - responsible for secondary male characteristics (facial hair, deepening of voice etc..)
    -produced by androgen target tissues (ie these tissues are responsible for converting testosterone into DHT)
    - Important - DHT levels can actually shut off/turn on testosterone production. (next post on LH)

Estradiol
    - produced by adipose tissue (fat tissue)
    - Important - like DHT these levels can shut off or turn on testosterone production depending on concentration

Neurotransmitters
    - control the secretion of LHRH (luteinizing hormone releasing hormone) also known as gonadotropin releasing hormone GnRH
    - two amino acid transmitters involved in LHRH section are: gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) and glutamate
    - the two amino acids excite the production of LHRH --> LH

Supplements/my story
    - at one point in time I had taken GABA to help increase testosterone production it did not work, just like most testosterone supplements. However, I took a break from taking GABA. One day I decided to try it again, later on that night around 4 am I woke up with the biggest and hardest wood in my life, it was pulsating, it was great. That day my 5 oclock shadow came in early and I felt really good. So the next day I did the same thing but nothing happened. The following day I double my dose and still nothing happened so I stopped taking it. I could not explain it until today... after some research this is what I have found that could explain what happened ...

GABA
    article name
    "Evidence that nitric oxide production increases γ-amino butyric acid permeability of blood-brain barrier"
    - molecules larger than > 500 Da (Dalton) cannot penetrate the blood brain barries
    -GABA by itself only slightly penetrates the BBB
    - I'll cut to the chase, if you want more info I can send the full medical journal.
    -Researchers found that L-arginine converts to nitric oxide (NO)
    -NO dialates or expands vessels including the BBB allowing GABA to pass through

Back to my story it turn out I took my last scoop of animal rage preworkout along with a GABA supplement

3 Day Test
    - I have actually picked up some GABA, arginine and citrillene to test this again. I try it for three days and post my update.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	test1.JPG 
Views:	2790 
Size:	33.3 KB 
ID:	133586
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	test 2.JPG 
Views:	1860 
Size:	26.6 KB 
ID:	133587

TheClinch is offline Senior Member
    Thanks?

thanks for the comment Clinch. The important thing to know from the testosterone mechanism is that if you decrease estradiol by arimedex you trigger your body to produce LH, which triggers more testosterone production. I would say this is important for PCT.

Turkish Juicer is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark88 View Post
    The important thing to know from the testosterone mechanism is that if you decrease estradiol by arimedex you trigger your body to produce LH, which triggers more testosterone production. I would say this is important for PCT.
    I knew something odd was going to come out of this thread.

Arimidex is an AI and we recommend its use as an OCT (on cycle therapy) agent, not as a PCT agent.

It is a rather tech-advanced AI which we consider as very valuable and it helps to a great extent with estrogen management during an aromatizing cycle.

We typically advise the use of SERMs as for PCT, namely Nolvadex (Tamoxifen ) and Clomid (Clomifene). Studies show that tamoxifen molecule can attach itself to the estradiol receptor and disrupt its working: a deactivated estradiol receptor means that estradiol no longer has any effect.

In the last result, an AI is a better choice as an OCT agent considering its abilities to suppress excessive estrogen levels by preventing the excessive production in the first place; whereas, Nolvadex and Clomid have a value of their own as PCT agents given their ability to restart the HPTA.
    Last edited by Turkish Juicer; 02-17-2013 at 01:59 PM.

MuttonChop is offline Associate Member
    This was a good refresher course I guess. It might even be useful for the noobies, but for most of us regulars, we live and breathe this info. I can hold hour long convos on these topics. Thanks anyway.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    TJ, adex has a half life of at least two days. Much longer than Aromasin .

Absolutely, I 100% agree that you should be used as an AI during OCT. If you dont use AI then a lot of that testosterone will convert to estradiol. still a newb, but to me it makes sense that if you use and AI with clomid (during PCT) you will get a similar result to start up natural testosterone production once levels come up you can ween off AI and into Nolvadex +clomid for remainder of PCT. - Does this make any sense

btw this forum is phenomenal, learning a lot!!! Hopefully once I get a good grasp of things I can start a cycle...

Thread Information