1992mag is offline Junior Member

Suggestions for curing post injection swelling/redness

What do you guys suggest other than just giving it time, for this to heal? I injected some test e, not even 1cc, into my right delt last thursday and today its still red and a bit swollen. not on my delt but it traveled down to my bicep and it covered up some definition, bicep peak, and vascularity. hurts to lift. shoulders dont look as capped off. same thing happened on my left delt on first injection but thats almost 100% better but not quite. and it wasnt as bad as my right delt. should i apply heat or ice? maybe rub on some aspercreme? anything else? im pretty sure i know what i did wrong. was pretty nervous since it was only my 2nd injection ive done, needle moved around way too much, injected wayyyy too fast, took less than 10 seconds, just not good. today went much smoother though, did glutes, took my time, wasnt nearly as nervous, felt super smooth, some very very minor pip just popped up like 10 hours later.

bump. today its better. not as red. almost same color as the rest of my skin. still swollen. probably wont even get to have a solid back workout today.

Gamble32jn is offline Junior Member
    Be sure to clean where you are going to give the shot with alcohol very well and always use a fresh needle and syringe. Never reuse either at all. Plus be sure you inject in the correct spot. There are some stickys here that show you the correct spots to inject. Stay clean and go slow.

Also inject that into your hip or shoulder. Thats the best places and dont forget to wipe it clean with alcohol, thats the key is a clean and sterile injection. Sounds like you got yours infected.

Papa Smurf is offline Senior Member
    If the area you injected is warm to the touch then you have an infection Are you injecting with the same needle you draw with?

Quote Originally Posted by PapaSmurf28677 View Post
    If the area you injected is warm to the touch then you have an infection Are you injecting with the same needle you draw with?
    He would have to be or not cleaning himself b4 hand. Dirty needle or dirty injection zone is the only thing that could make that happen.

Quote Originally Posted by PapaSmurf28677 View Post
    No. I know all the procedures. I dont see how it could have gotten infected. I showered, swabbed the top of the vial, then with another alcohol swab i did my delt, let it sit for a bit, drew with an 18g, switched needles, injected with a 25x1. Like I said I think i just messed up a lot while injected. for some reason i was more nervous the 2nd time then the first. I put the needle in and it moved around wayy too much, it seriously like went in a circle cause i was just trying to aspirate , and i injected way too fast. and because i was so nervous i didnt even realize i was doing this till afterwards but slowly started pulling the needle out as i was finishing injecting. i just messed up everywhere. but my latest one went very well and no pain, nothing, feels fine. and its really hard to tell if its warm to the touch. its about the same as teh rest of my body

also between by bicep and delt i can feel like a little knot.but doesnt itch and i havent been getting a fever or anything. this happened with my left one too that is now better but this one seems worst cause i messed up more.

and before you say my gear is bad i know 100% that it is not.

heres two pics i just took. if it was an infection wouldnt it be getting worse? Cause its getting better. it used to be more red.

ive googled a lot about this and seems like its pretty common. im just making sure im alright.
    Last edited by 1992mag; 01-22-2013 at 02:59 PM.

i get a little knot when i inject and thats normal. I do inject mine kinda fast and it hurts and sometimes hurts for 2 days but never gets red at all. Looks like you injected real low to me.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	inject1.jpg 
Views:	3875 
Size:	4.4 KB 
ID:	132349

inject here. Looked like you done it to low but i could be wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Gamble32jn View Post
    i get a little knot when i inject and thats normal. I do inject mine kinda fast and it hurts and sometimes hurts for 2 days but never gets red at all. Looks like you injected real low to me.
    yeah it took me less than like 10 seconds to inject and that little mark you see is not where i injected. thats the little knot i was talking about.

this is where i inject. red circle.

you still think this is infected or i just really messsed up and itll go away. i did it thursday so its been 4-5 days. ive read some people saying it takes sometimes even 10 days for things like this to go away.

hmmm....besure to change sides and also inject in your hip. I inject in my hip, shoulder. Once a week i inject straight into my Bi and Tris as well. Risky on the Bi and tri but i am a risk taker lol. Weird you hurt for that long. You make sure your needle never touches anything but the bottle then the cap right? Might wipe the Cap off ur bottle with alcohol just in case it got something on it as well. Im a germ-a-fobe so I clean everything lol.

Also dont wallow the needle around, stick it where u want it then inject slowly. Im use a 22g x 1'' needle. Takes a while to pull but i dont like switching needles and losing some of my juice.
    Last edited by Gamble32jn; 01-22-2013 at 03:23 PM.

It dont look to be infected but the rest of your body looks to be the same color as well so its hard to tell. My first time injecting was a little rough. I had a buddy do it the first few weeks then I done it on my own after that.

cgozz is offline Associate Member
    First couple of times I injected into my delts exact same thing happend,redness,pain. Went away and stopped. I think you will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamble32jn View Post
    It dont look to be infected but the rest of your body looks to be the same color as well so its hard to tell. My first time injecting was a little rough. I had a buddy do it the first few weeks then I done it on my own after that.
    yeah its the same color as the rest of my skin now. but just still swollen and it hurts on certain movements. and to your other post, i do glutes now too. i did that on monday and that went very well. i only got a tad bit of pain 10 hours later and now its gone. will be doing glutes much more often.

Quote Originally Posted by cgozz View Post
    First couple of times I injected into my delts exact same thing happend,redness,pain. Went away and stopped. I think you will be fine.
    good to hear. i just dont see how it could be infected. did everything right, except for the injecting part lol. i read somewhere it could be a lymphatic system. maybe when the needle was moving around it hit something within that system? idk.

Just got back from a back workout and had to take it a bit easy. couldnt deadlift or rackpull, i cant hold anything too heavy so i did shrugs with only 70lb. db's. i could do pull ups fine, lat pull downs fine, cable rows kind of irritated it, hammer grip pull ups were fine.

cgozz is offline Associate Member
    I highly doubt it is infected. Keep an eye on it. I know of cases where test leaks into the dermis of the skin and causes a sunburn type look. First time I hit both delts, from the delt to the bicep it was red and sore for days. I pin delts now and I am fine.

Quote Originally Posted by cgozz View Post
    I highly doubt it is infected. Keep an eye on it. I know of cases where test leaks into the dermis of the skin and causes a sunburn type look. First time I hit both delts, from the delt to the bicep it was red and sore for days. I pin delts now and I am fine.
    yeah i dont think it is either. ive been applying heat and ice and aspercreme. elevating my arm when i sleep. and the test probably did leak into the dermns cause like i said i was pulling the needle out as i was injecting like an idiot. so i doubt all of it got into the muscle. damn what i waste of test lol.

lolfb is offline Junior Member
    yea same thing happened to me when I first injected delts. The first day it would hurt around the injection site which I thought was PIP. Then it sort of traveled down and sat a little below the delt, on the outside of my arm.

lolfb is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1992mag View Post
    yeah i dont think it is either. ive been applying heat and ice and aspercreme. elevating my arm when i sleep. and the test probably did leak into the dermns cause like i said i was pulling the needle out as i was injecting like an idiot. so i doubt all of it got into the muscle. damn what i waste of test lol.

Quote Originally Posted by lolfb View Post
    yea same thing happened to me when I first injected delts. The first day it would hurt around the injection site which I thought was PIP. Then it sort of traveled down and sat a little below the delt, on the outside of my arm.
    Good to hear others have experienced this. It just sucks cause i can't even lift right. this cycle will finally get fun once i can lift.

Quote Originally Posted by lolfb View Post
    good.

Thread Information