Brick is offline Member

Cutting. Steroids. Calories.

Looked on the forums. Can't seem to find anything on it pertaining to my questions.

I have read that some people use AAS when cutting to help maintain there muscle mass but I can't seem to find how they do this cut.

1) when cutting bf and you are already in a calorie deprived state and then you add AAS does that mean you can further cut calories because the AAS will help curb the muscle loss when cutting?

2) is it possible that when cutting and using AAS (just test for example) will you notice strength gains from the AAS or will the lack of calories not cause this to happen?

3) when cutting and running AAS is there a 'most efficient' way to ration your calories? Would one diet style be better over another (carb cycling, if, traditional 40/40/20) or is it solely dependent on how the user reacts to fat, carbs?

Thank you!

t-dogg is offline Recognized Member Winner - $100
    1) yes you can cut calories or even stay at the same intake you are on to cut.

2) You should still see gains. Your throwing alot of hormones in your body.

3) I feel everyone is different. What works for you may not work for me.

Metalject is offline Knowledgeable Member
    It depends on what you're wanting to do, specifically how far you want to take it.

Typically, I do not like the idea of "making gains" as people put it and cutting...it's generally one or the other. If you're really going to cut, I mean really lean out, you're not going to grow at the same time. Now if your cycle includes mass doses, more than what most people here would take, sure, this can change the outcome, but it's generally best to stick to one goal at a time.

As for leaning out and protecting your muscle tissue, this is the primary reason to use gear when dieting, to protect your muscle tissue. A calories deficit will put lean tissue at risk. The leaner you get the more it will be at risk and how well-planned your diet is will not change this. By protecting your lean mass, this will not only ensure you look better but it will help you burn body fat at a more efficient rate. When you start to lose muscle mass this hinders your metabolic rate.

Yes, with only a moderate reduction in calories and a good amount of AAS you can increase your strength. However, at some point in time if you are going for a truly lean look an increase shouldn't be expected and some strength loss will occur. Ever seen competitive bodybuilders train at the end of their diets? This is when they look their best and while they may still be stronger than the average guy their strength is typically greatly diminished during this phase....they just don't have it in them. AAS will protect you from losing as much strength and as rapidly though.

If you're going to use steroids when dieting, and if you're a steroid user it doesn't make sense not to use them when dieting, you don't need to look at dieting differently. The basic rules of nutrition do not change. Take what you're doing right and add in AAS and you'll be able to do it better...the diet is more efficient. This is the best way to look at it IMO.

Brick is offline Member
    Both of you, thank you for your replies. This all makes sense now in my head!

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    brick from my understanding AAS can enable a person to take their diet to more of an extreme by helping preserve lean tissue.. its what im trying to do right now.

Brick is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<---
    brick from my understanding AAS can enable a person to take their diet to more of an extreme by helping preserve lean tissue.. its what im trying to do right now.
    How abouts did you change your diet?

I know you were carb cycling with IF and no carb days (or was that on cycle?)

What changed from off cycle to on cycle dieting?

Quote Originally Posted by Brick View Post
    How abouts did you change your diet?

I know you were carb cycling with IF and no carb days (or was that on cycle?)

What changed from off cycle to on cycle dieting?
    i wouldnt consider the dosage im running cycle dosage but the purpose of the added compounds is to preserve LBM while running extremely low deficit.

basically went from EOD diet cycle of 3000cals/1200-1500cals to 3 day diet cycle of 3000cals/600cals/600cals (at my bf% currently <10% LBM loss is def a factor and the stuff im running will hopefully prevent it or at least lessen it and allow me to successfully run such a deficit without suffering in the gym or in the mirror)..

Brick is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<---

i wouldnt consider the dosage im running cycle dosage but the purpose of the added compounds is to preserve LBM while running extremely low deficit.

basically went from EOD diet cycle of 3000cals/1200-1500cals to 3 day diet cycle of 3000cals/600cals/600cals (at my bf% currently <10% LBM loss is def a factor and the stuff im running will hopefully prevent it or at least lessen it and allow me to successfully run such a deficit without suffering in the gym or in the mirror)..
    600?!? Christ man! I guess at sub 10 you need to.

I'm running 2200/2200/2200/2760. I think I am around 15%

BBJT200 is offline Senior Member
    I'm currently doing 2000 6 days, 3500 one day. Dual cardio sessions 6 days/wk, lifting 2 on 1 off.
    However, I am implimenting I.F. and <50 carbs/day except on my refeed day.

188lbs ~11-12%

Brick is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JTathlete
    I'm currently doing 2000 6 days, 3500 one day. Dual cardio sessions 6 days/wk, lifting 2 on 1 off.
    However, I am implimenting I.F. and <50 carbs/day except on my refeed day.

188lbs ~11-12%
    I'm going to up my cardio and continue on my path (no juice) for at least a week. Maybe two. If I am not seeing the results I want I will switch it up.

BBJT200 is offline Senior Member
    cool. Just keep the cardio LISS when you are glycogen depleted and you should be good!

GL!

Brick is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JTathlete
    cool. Just keep the cardio LISS when you are glycogen depleted and you should be good!

GL!
    Low intensity steady state!

I can't remember the last time I did any cardio that was above a fast walk

krugerr is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brick

Low intensity steady state
    This describes my sex life currently!

600?!? Christ man! I guess at sub 10 you need to.

I'm running 2200/2200/2200/2760. I think I am around 15%
    yeh speaking for myself specifically, extreme results require extreme measures! i have had to learn this over time thru trial and error.

Alinjr is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by krugerr View Post
    This describes my sex life currently!
    lol^^^

Brick is offline Member
    On my high day I usually STUFF myself with sushi. How much do you think this is hindering me?

On my high day I usually STUFF myself with sushi. How much do you think this is hindering me?
    depends how many carbs ur eating. i used to have a high day on UD2 and i never could get below 11(ish)% now im in the 8-9%range.. if this tells u something..

Brick is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    depends how many carbs ur eating. i used to have a high day on UD2 and i never could get below 11(ish)% now im in the 8-9%range.. if this tells u something..
    makes sense. i will take a better look at what and how many I am eating on my high days. I am currently in the process of developing a new carb cycle for myself and will post it for you later

Metalject is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Leanest periods of my life had high days. For several years I did carb cycling diets, low, moderate and high days. Seemed to work well. Have had very good success with keto diets too...very low carb, high fat with one massive cheat meal per week and I do mean massive. Actually keto got me leaner than anything else. Most well planned diets should allow some type of high day or cheat meal every week or so. Does a lot for mental sanity and seems to have a very positive effect overall. Most bodybuilders will have a high day or cheat meal every week and they're the leanest people on earth...obviously it works but you have to do all things right for it to really work perfectly.

Allaaro is offline Associate Member
    Not to mention that those of us who can pack away a ton of food....like myself....going nuts on a massive cheat meal just is awesome for metabolism and psychological benefits of eating anything you want. Also it's funny when you're out for the cheat meal and people wonder how you aren't 300 pounds+ eating that much food.

I limit my cheats once per 2 weeks though on cutting. Once per week on bulking and cutting cheats would probably not be as 'massive'.

Brick is offline Member
    Putting together a better carb cycle with 405
    As we speak

Thread Information