DocRock is offline Junior Member

Diet help gents!

Hey gents, 5'11" 230 and 19% BF. on my second cycle of a dbol kick start for 4 weeks with 500mgs of Test E a week. So far my cycle is going great. I'm on week 2 of 12 and I'm already noticing my gains. I am eating clean and for the most part I don't cook my veggies. My protein intake is adequate which I am increasing. I try to stay away from carbs as much as possible, except I carb up an hour before work out. Daily diet varies but usually goes like this:

Morning- oats with fruit or 3 egg white omelette with 1 turkey bacon in a wrap.

Mid morning- black coffee with 2 fruits and a rice cake

Lunch- 30-50g of white meat protein with salad

Pre workout- peanut butter sandwich with apples or bananas

Post workout- Hydrowhey, 30mg shake with fruit

Dinner- salmon, tofu or red meat, with handful of rice, or pasta with a salad.

Late snack- Cottage cheese, canned chicken and avocados.

So my question is, would I be able to drop BF while eating like this? I would hate to trash my gear by not dieting properly; however because I started this cycle at 19% BF which is not ideal due to it being high, I would like to drop BF due to a higher risk of getting gyno. Any advice would help to drop BF while on a test cycle.

mbwood is offline New Member
    1. count your mothafukking calories/macros. How da fukk you gonna reliably lose/gain weight if you dont even know how much energy you're taking in?

also why are you scared of carbs? Carbs are the most anabolic macronutrient and are going to be the most important factor in gym performance.

also why the fukkk did you start a cycle at 19% bf then decide to cut.. thats fkkin retarded made.

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Quote Originally Posted by mbwood
    1. count your mothafukking calories/macros. How da fukk you gonna reliably lose/gain weight if you dont even know how much energy you're taking in?

also why are you scared of carbs? Carbs are the most anabolic macronutrient and are going to be the most important factor in gym performance.

also why the fukkk did you start a cycle at 19% bf then decide to cut.. thats fkkin retarded made.
    If this is your attitude and your usual demeanour in your posts then if ask that you don't post any further until you gain an ounce of civility!!! Your post is tantamount to flaming!

OP ignore his post.

Please layout your cycle including all ancillaries. Yes, you are too high to be cycling but at least you are cutting!

Read the cutting 101 sticky by GBrice. Then repost your planned diet including macro's and we'll take a look!
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

panntastic is offline "cool as shit and knows his stuff"
    Quote Originally Posted by mbwood

Wow great attitude to have when somebody is asking for help!

I count my calories. I usually go anywhere between 1700-2300 cal per day. And I started this cycle at a high BF for 3 reasons. I was done bulking (Went from 210 to 230 because I plateaued on strength), my test was about to expire and test e is anti catabolic, which is perfect for cutting. I have Arimidex on hand if I need to lower estrogen levels, hopefully preventing water retention and possible gyno.

ironman1982 is offline Associate Member
    i agree with that, some people just want a bit of info from people in the know. some posts on the forum are very abrupt and in some cases very cheeky.

Quote Originally Posted by DocRock View Post
    I count my calories. I usually go anywhere between 1700-2300 cal per day. And I started this cycle at a high BF for 3 reasons. I was done bulking (Went from 210 to 230 because I plateaued on strength), my test was about to expire and test e is anti catabolic, which is perfect for cutting. I have Arimidex on hand if I need to lower estrogen levels, hopefully preventing water retention and possible gyno.
    Please layout your cycle. You should be taking your AI throughout the cycle not just in case. Are you having mid cycle bloodwork? If not, how do you know your estrogen levels?

Bodyfat is muscle sparing. There's no new to worry about muscle loss with a proper diet and training schedule until you are getting sub 10%.

Lets also see that diet with macro's.

Quote Originally Posted by SteM

Please layout your cycle. You should be taking your AI throughout the cycle not just in case. Are you having mid cycle bloodwork? If not, how do you know your estrogen levels?

Bodyfat is muscle sparing. There's no new to worry about muscle loss with a proper diet and training schedule until you are getting sub 10%.

Lets also see that diet with macro's.
    I have 2 300mg test e vials at 10ml with 30 day dbol kick start, 50 1mg of Arimidex , Clen , keto, and t3. I can always get a ec stack as well. I have to check my math but my diet consists of 50% veggies and fruits, 30-40% proteins and the rest in carbs and water. Calories needed to maintain is 3514.935 according to the Harris formula and my intake today was 1745, way below what I need to maintain. So I guess it should work right? Also thanks for reminding me about taking AI I'm thinking of taking .25mg ED or .50 ED.

Also there is a Lab in my area to get blood work done and I don't mind paying for it, however do I need a MD's order for it?

Edwin23q is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mbwood View Post

Damn that's abit uncalled for.

Good luck op, only thing I would change is run the Arimadex during cycle, play it safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

>Good Luck< is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DocRock

I have 2 300mg test e vials at 10ml with 30 day dbol kick start, 50 1mg of Arimidex, Clen, keto, and t3. I can always get a ec stack as well. I have to check my math but my diet consists of 50% veggies and fruits, 30-40% proteins and the rest in carbs and water. Calories needed to maintain is 3514.935 according to the Harris formula and my intake today was 1745, way below what I need to maintain. So I guess it should work right? Also thanks for reminding me about taking AI I'm thinking of taking .25mg ED or .50 ED.
    Many people around here know that diet is not my strong point. I tend to make bad decisions in the eyes of many but I do know a thing or two.

1) eating WAY below your maintenance will not be great for cutting as your body will be in a state of starvation and therefore try to store any nutrients you eat... It will store as fat. Work out your tdee, but this time- only account for you LBM. if you were say 200lbs @ 20% then you will calculate using your weight at 160lbs.
    Once you figure out your maintenance this way, you can reduce caloric needs by 500 maximum to be in a healthy deficit.

2) if you are cutting, dbol will not be a great agent for this cycle. Your water retention will be pretty high and this is not desirable for a cutting cycle. Furthermore, you must choose better foods because it seems to me many foods you are choosing are very high in sodium, and sodium play a huge roll in unwanted water retention. Try to get your sodium intake to 2000mg or less. It's not easy, but being aware of sodium intake will definitely make a difference.

Good luck, and don't listen to the sassy comments from some members... It's just not productive to talk to people like that..

Quote Originally Posted by >Good Luck<

Many people around here know that diet is not my strong point. I tend to make bad decisions in the eyes of many but I do know a thing or two.

1) eating WAY below your maintenance will not be great for cutting as your body will be in a state of starvation and therefore try to store any nutrients you eat... It will store as fat. Work out your tdee, but this time- only account for you LBM. if you were say 200lbs @ 20% then you will calculate using your weight at 160lbs.
    Once you figure out your maintenance this way, you can reduce caloric needs by 500 maximum to be in a healthy deficit.

2) if you are cutting, dbol will not be a great agent for this cycle. Your water retention will be pretty high and this is not desirable for a cutting cycle. Furthermore, you must choose better foods because it seems to me many foods you are choosing are very high in sodium, and sodium play a huge roll in unwanted water retention. Try to get your sodium intake to 2000mg or less. It's not easy, but being aware of sodium intake will definitely make a difference.

Good luck, and don't listen to the sassy comments from some members... It's just not productive to talk to people like that..
    I see what you mean about calculating just the LBM. If that's the case, then I need to calculate 196lbs instead of 230. And I'm only using Dbol for about 2 more weeks and after that it's only test. I use no oils or salt while cooking so I'm more than sure I keep it under 2000mg, however I can always improve. Also I forgot to mention that I take Psyllium in the mornings so I tend to $hi+ about 3-5 times a day, so I def will cut that out of my diet. I'll get the fiber from more spinach.

Doc, I'd have your TDEE at approx 2700cals so, to cut, you're gonna be looking at 2200-2400cals. I'd set your macro split at 50/30/20 (c/p/f) to start. You have waaaay too much fruit in your diet at the minute, this shuld be minimized when cutting.

When I asked you to lay out your cycle I didn't mean list what you have, more like

Weeks 1-10 Test E - 500mg pw - 2 pins per week
    Weeks 1-10 Arimadex whatever amount
    Weeks 1-4 dbol
    etc
    etc

Are you using HCG ? What is your proposed PCT, you didn't mention any compounds?

Alinjr is offline Senior Member
    DocRock, good luck with your diet and cycle. Also don't pay mbwood any attention.

diesel101 is offline Anabolic Member
    Good luck DocRock and you will find the answers here>Just remember not everybody is a A$$hole on this forum.

Doc, I'd have your TDEE at approx 2700cals so, to cut, you're gonna be looking at 2200-2400cals. I'd set your macro split at 50/30/20 (c/p/f) to start. You have waaaay too much fruit in your diet at the minute, this shuld be minimized when cutting.

When I asked you to lay out your cycle I didn't mean list what you have, more like

Weeks 1-10 Test E - 500mg pw - 2 pins per week
    Weeks 1-10 Arimadex whatever amount
    Weeks 1-4 dbol
    etc
    etc

Are you using HCG? What is your proposed PCT, you didn't mention any compounds?
    Thanks for clarifying my TDEE brother, and I'll cut some fruit from the diet. I'll defiantly change to the proposed 50/30/20. Also yes here's my cycle as of this morning:

Week 1-12: Test E 500mg week pin Monday and Thursday.
    Week 1-4: Dbol
    Weeks 4-6/8-10/12-14: ECA Stack of 25/200/81mg's daily during the broken cycles
    Week 2-18: Arimidex .25mg EOD, adjust as needed. can increase to .5 EOD.
    Weeks 14-18: Nolva PCT 20/20/10/10
    Weeks 14-18: Clomid on standby.

I never had any experience with HCG but I have read up on it. I'm not sure if I want it this cycle and if I do, I need to PM an admin for help. But I'm happy with this as my second cycle.

t-dogg is offline Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Stem, what site do you use to figure Tdee? I want to redo mine. I know we have a forumal here, but I like comparing also.

Quote Originally Posted by t-dogg
    Stem, what site do you use to figure Tdee? I want to redo mine. I know we have a forumal here, but I like comparing also.
    Dead easy mate, LBM x 15
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

bigsiv is offline Productive Member

Dead easy mate, LBM x 15
    Is that the same fir females SteM I think T-dogg is a female.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsiv

Is that the same fir females SteM I think T-dogg is a female.
    Same same. Macro split can change depending on goals and body shape for women though!
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Thanks for clarifying my TDEE brother, and I'll cut some fruit from the diet. I'll defiantly change to the proposed 50/30/20. Also yes here's my cycle as of this morning:

Week 1-12: Test E 500mg week pin Monday and Thursday.
    Week 1-4: Dbol
    Weeks 4-6/8-10/12-14: ECA Stack of 25/200/81mg's daily during the broken cycles
    Week 2-18: Arimidex .25mg EOD, adjust as needed. can increase to .5 EOD.
    Weeks 14-18: Nolva PCT 20/20/10/10
    Weeks 14-18: Clomid on standby.

I never had any experience with HCG but I have read up on it. I'm not sure if I want it this cycle and if I do, I need to PM an admin for help. But I'm happy with this as my second cycle.
    Stop your AI a few days before PCT starts.

Run

Clomid 100/75/50/50
    Nolva 40/40/20/20

You'll see slight variations of this from different people though.

Personally I'd never run a thermogenic when on cycle, and certainly NEVER where my bodyfat was above 10%.

What are your real goals for this cycle?
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Stop your AI a few days before PCT starts.

Run

Clomid 100/75/50/50
    Nolva 40/40/20/20

You'll see slight variations of this from different people though.

Personally I'd never run a thermogenic when on cycle, and certainly NEVER where my bodyfat was above 10%.

What are your real goals for this cycle?
    Thanks for the heads up on the PCT, AI and the calculation formula. My goal is to get to 15%-12% BF and to maintain the mass I have, or if possible gain 5+ pounds after dropping the BF. Why wouldn't you run a thermogenic on a cycle? Should I just wait to run it after my PCT?

Thanks for the heads up on the PCT, AI and the calculation formula. My goal is to get to 15%-12% BF and to maintain the mass I have, or if possible gain 5+ pounds after dropping the BF. Why wouldn't you run a thermogenic on a cycle? Should I just wait to run it after my PCT?
    AAS will send your blood pressure and cholesterol up. Extra pressure from a stimulant isn't really what you need. You will need to eat more during PCT in order to maintain gains.

Personally I would have done a cut down to 12% before cycling, your gains would have been more impressive. But let's make this as successful as possible.

Post your diet in the nutrition forum in a new thread when ready.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Papiriqui is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SteM View Post
    Dead easy mate, LBM x 15
    Where did this come from?? I have or did use the regular old formula which gave me a 3000 cal compared to LBM x 15 which gives me 2400........Now im going nuts!!! Thanks Yoda!

t-dogg is offline Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Quote Originally Posted by SteM View Post
    Dead easy mate, LBM x 15

interesting, thanks.

I see what you mean about calculating just the LBM. If that's the case, then I need to calculate 196lbs instead of 230. And I'm only using Dbol for about 2 more weeks and after that it's only test. I use no oils or salt while cooking so I'm more than sure I keep it under 2000mg, however I can always improve. Also I forgot to mention that I take Psyllium in the mornings so I tend to $hi+ about 3-5 times a day, so I def will cut that out of my diet. I'll get the fiber from more spinach.
    Expanding on the sodium intake, you'll be surprised at how much sodium is in the food we eat. I noticed you listed "Canned chicken" ----> see what amount of sodium is in that single can. You'll be shocked. Sodium is in EVERYTHING. Try checking the sodium content on everything you eat for 1 week and notice the difference

warmouth is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mbwood View Post

Uh, is this serious? I got a feeling about this one.

Expanding on the sodium intake, you'll be surprised at how much sodium is in the food we eat. I noticed you listed "Canned chicken" ----> see what amount of sodium is in that single can. You'll be shocked. Sodium is in EVERYTHING. Try checking the sodium content on everything you eat for 1 week and notice the difference
    Yeah, I've been watching everything that goes in. So I'm trying as much as possible to go organic and fresh with my diet.

Yeah, I've been watching everything that goes in. So I'm trying as much as possible to go organic and fresh with my diet.
    Good call. I'm also going fresh for meats and veggies. I may buy in bulk and freeze but nothing added to the protein and nothing bought frozen. I don't particularly like organic because it doesn't ever look good to me where I buy my food, but I've eaten farm fresh foods and enjoy them much more. Good luck with your cycle. Looking forward to hearing about your progress and results... Will you be making a log?

Good call. I'm also going fresh for meats and veggies. I may buy in bulk and freeze but nothing added to the protein and nothing bought frozen. I don't particularly like organic because it doesn't ever look good to me where I buy my food, but I've eaten farm fresh foods and enjoy them much more. Good luck with your cycle. Looking forward to hearing about your progress and results... Will you be making a log?
    Yeah, I am keeping a log of diet, workout and pictures. I will make a thread when I get the results I want.

Yeah, I am keeping a log of diet, workout and pictures. I will make a thread when I get the results I want.
    Making a thread to track progress is a good way to keep accountable. It can be very motivating and you'll have written history to reflect on and find ways to improve. Just my .02

Making a thread to track progress is a good way to keep accountable. It can be very motivating and you'll have written history to reflect on and find ways to improve. Just my .02
    Thanks brother, you guys keep me motivated.

Thread Information