BBJT200 is offline Senior Member

Antidepressants, prolactin, and low-grade E.D. - PRAMI/CABER IS OUR SAVIOUR!

Growing up, I never had an issue with my partner in crime.

Once I went through some really rough stuff in life, and was put on a slew of antidepressants, I've pretty much had low grade ED and diminished sex drive since. I noticed that about 6-8 months after coming off celexa my sexual function improved, but was never as it was originally. Even on a 500mg/wk test blast, I still had issues. I could only get like 50% hard, and you obviously can't do much with that.

I read a little bit about prolactin and DA's. I read a little about antidepressants and increased prolactin. Supposedly, increased prolactin can cause sexual issues.

So, possibly high prolactin levels causing my low grade ED ---->Use prami .5mg/day before bed----> my buddy works again!
    (My friend developed gyno and was lactating on Test E/Tbol(E. related issues) and was using Prami at the advice of the board, so I figured I would try it to see if there was any improvement)

It took like four or five days to notice a difference. I know that prami/caber supposedly improve sexual function, but my understanding is due to the increased dopamine levels (which in turn lowers prolactin).
    So, I guess the only true way to know would be bloodwork on prami, and off prami for prolactin. I'm just going to use it for a while, and then stop to see what happens as I do not have the cash to fork over for constant BW.
    I will get BW once I'm done with the next blast I plan on doing.

Does anyone else take Adderall for ADHD? I have noticed it to be less effective since I started using Prami. Perhaps it is just time to adjust my dose again as I gained tolerance to it (I began ADHD treatment in Dec. 2012), but I am wondering if anyone else has noticed the use of caber/prami lowering the efficacy of stimulant medications for ADHD. I believe I saw Atonimi mention in one of his posts that he is on amphetamines for ADHD so I am hoping he will have a comment or two for me.

Atomini is offline Banned
    I am prescribed Adderall and although I have never utilized Pramipexole, I do use Cabergoline and have been doing so in all of my Trenbolone cycles over the last 6 or so years. I have not noticed any significant reduction in the effectiveness of Adderall, although I can see how that would be an issue, considering prolactin antagonists such as Cabergoline and Pramipexole are Dopaminergic compounds, which act as Dopamine receptor agonists. Essentially, they would attach to Dopamine receptors in place of actual Dopamine (much like Nolvadex vs Estrogen in breast tissue). The amphetamines in Adderall cause a surge of Dopamine output in the synapses between nerve cells, and also inhibit the reuptake of Dopamine. So, amphetamines essentially turn your dopamine output in your synapses from a garden hose into a full bast fire hose in addition to not allowing any of the Dopamine to be reuptook into the nerve cells (for the duration of amphetamine use). The use of Dopaminergic compounds such as Prami and Caber may possibly reduce effectiveness of amphetamines by occupying Dopamine receptor sites in place of actual Dopamine, as I have already mentioned. However, I have not seen a reduction in the effects of the amphetamines from Adderall.

Pramipexole may be a different story, as it acts as a Dopamine receptor agonist as well, but it seems to do so in other Dopamine receptors that Cabergoline does not. I cannot remember the name of these specific Dopamine receptor types that Prami works on that Cabergoline doesn't touch, i'd have to look up the clinical studies again and see. This is where the issue could be in reducing the effect of Dextroamphetamine and Levoamphetamine (the two amphetamines present in Adderall).

But yes, I have been preaching this stuff and its benefits on libido, prolactin control, and such for YEARS now. Dopamine receptor agonsts such as Cabergoline, Pramipexole, and Bromocriptine are godsends in the pharmaceutical world for ED issues, especially those caused by Prolactin issues.
    Last edited by Atomini; 01-24-2013 at 05:17 PM.

Scabtree is offline Associate Member
    Yea, celexa is typical for contributing heavy to sexual dysfunction (not to mention the very rare side effect of Rectal hemorrhaging)

Adderall - The very best drug of all time. As long as you don't abuse it; If so, then it becomes the very worst drug of all time.

BBJT200 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomini View Post
    I am prescribed Adderall and although I have never utilized Pramipexole, I do use Cabergoline and have been doing so in all of my Trenbolone cycles over the last 6 or so years. I have not noticed any significant reduction in the effectiveness of Adderall, although I can see how that would be an issue, considering prolactin antagonists such as Cabergoline and Pramipexole are Dopaminergic compounds, which act as Dopamine receptor agonists. Essentially, they would attach to Dopamine receptors in place of actual Dopamine (much like Nolvadex vs Estrogen in breast tissue). The amphetamines in Adderall cause a surge of Dopamine output in the synapses between nerve cells, and also inhibit the reuptake of Dopamine. So, amphetamines essentially turn your dopamine output in your synapses from a garden hose into a full bast fire hose in addition to not allowing any of the Dopamine to be reuptook into the nerve cells (for the duration of amphetamine use). The use of Dopaminergic compounds such as Prami and Caber may possibly reduce effectiveness of amphetamines by occupying Dopamine receptor sites in place of actual Dopamine, as I have already mentioned. However, I have not seen a reduction in the effects of the amphetamines from Adderall.

Pramipexole may be a different story, as it acts as a Dopamine receptor agonist as well, but it seems to do so in other Dopamine receptors that Cabergoline does not. I cannot remember the name of these specific Dopamine receptor types that Prami works on that Cabergoline doesn't touch, i'd have to look up the clinical studies again and see. This is where the issue could be in reducing the effect of Dextroamphetamine and Levoamphetamine (the two amphetamines present in Adderall).

But yes, I have been preaching this stuff and its benefits on libido, prolactin control, and such for YEARS now. Dopamine receptor agonsts such as Cabergoline, Pramipexole, and Bromocriptine are godsends in the pharmaceutical world for ED issues, especially those caused by Prolactin issues.
    Ah, yes. That would make sense if prami affects dopamine receptors in ways that caber does not; I will definitely have to get my hands on some and give it a shot. It's quite obvious that going from fully functional to babbling idiot in a mere two days that prami is a likely culprit. I must say, I am shocked at how quickly and effectively this changed sexual function. One more thing to add to my arsenal once I get out of undergrad and head into medical school...

Quote Originally Posted by Scabtree View Post
    Yea, celexa is typical for contributing heavy to sexual dysfunction (not to mention the very rare side effect of Rectal hemorrhaging)

Adderall - The very best drug of all time. As long as you don't abuse it; If so, then it becomes the very worst drug of all time.
    Yeah, I was on a whopping 40mg celexa a day for 4 months. I turned into a walking zombie...It was bad. I didn't care about ANYTHING. Never heard of the rectal hemorrhaging though.
    Adderall is a great drug if you need it. It will help ANYONE function better, sure....but unless you legitimately need it, you will develop an addiction to it. I personally love my newfound "sobriety" that most people call a 'normal' state of mind. I'm just gonna stick with that for a while

Scabtree is offline Associate Member
    [QUOTEJ .......... I personally love my newfound "sobriety" that most people call a 'normal' state of mind. I'm just gonna stick with that for a while [/QUOTE]

That's so true.

Thread Information