Thread: lasix

lasix

hi guys i am now on a 7days prednisone intake with a 60mg dose everyday i know this will make me hold extra water so i am thinking after the 7th day i will lasix i know lasix is dangeraous and it can dehydrate u so fast and it is used befor competion but i wan to give a try can any 1 with experience can give a safe daily dose i will be taking potasium with it

demetri is offline Member
    Don't bother with the lasix. You'll feel like total crap.

You're better off with something herbal like dandelion root or just drop your carbs and you'll hold less water.

Why are you taking the prednisone? Maybe your doctor can prescribe you a mild diuretic like dyazide.

Originally posted by demetri
    Don't bother with the lasix. You'll feel like total crap.

You're better off with something herbal like dandelion root or just drop your carbs and you'll hold less water.

Why are you taking the prednisone? Maybe your doctor can prescribe you a mild diuretic like dyazide.
    i am using prednisone coz i have a bad injury in my left leg but it is only for 7 days then i will stop it

demetri is offline Member
    If it's only for 7 days then I wouldn't worry too much about the water weight. It will come off. Lasix seem way to extreme to me for this situation.

saint808 is offline Associate Member
    7 days of prednisone shouldn't make you hold that much water. If it does get to you try some taraxatone which is basically b6, and dandelion root anyhow.

cjp85 is offline Member
    If you plan on taking Lasix, use the minimal amount. Trust me, the shit works, and if you do take it, be sure to get plenty of potassium in your diet.

Originally posted by cjp85
    If you plan on taking Lasix, use the minimal amount. Trust me, the shit works, and if you do take it, be sure to get plenty of potassium in your diet.
    what do u mean by minimal amount i am planing to take 40-60mg/day

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    No reason to take lasix in this case. You will lose the excess water in no time with proper water intake and a low sodium diet. Lasix is an upredictable drug and not worth using in your case.

Thread Information