hfurt is offline New Member

Armour Thyroid - Opinions?????

Gents,

33, 171 lbs, experienced lifter and cycler (is that a word?) 15% body fat (yes too high, but I was sick cut me some slack. I was 180 at 10% before).

At any rate - opinions on Armour Thyroid? Dosage? Effectiveness on body fat assuming TDEE calories and macros are appropriate for body fat loss?

All opinions wanted.

BBJT200 is offline Senior Member
    Don't touch it unless you're on gear. Unless you want to shrink

when you say gear are you saying on cycle not on PCT - right?

If on gear - did you like it? Any good results? Did you run it during the entire cycle or just towards the end to lean out?

Thanks man!

BBJT200 is offline Senior Member
    I plan on running 40 mcg t3 9 months out of the year, with 3 months out of the year off to let my thyroid gland start working again.
    While on cycle, I bump it to 80mcg/day. anything more than that and my ADHD gets 1000000000000x worse. I honestly haven't noticed a huge difference with it in my own experiences.

Look at it this way: Your body naturally produces ~25mcg/day. If you bump it up to 40, you're like permanently upping your metabolism slightly.
    Any more than that though....you risk muscle loss as T3 increases the rate of protein turnover.

*edit
    -Yeah, NOT on PCT. If you use high dose t3 during PCT, prepare for light-speed shrinkage.

I really appreciate your comments. Stupid question. I know T3 is thyroid, but is Armour thyroid the same as the T3 your talking about? \\Again thanks!

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    atmour thyroid is NOT the same thing as T3.. why dont u google it and do some research?

ArmourŪ Thyroid (thyroid tablets, USP) for oral use is a natural preparation derived from porcine thyroid glands and has a strong, characteristic odor. (T3 liothyronine is approximately four times as potent as T4 levothyroxine on a microgram for microgram basis.) They provide 38 mcg levothyroxine (T4) and 9 mcg liothyronine (T3) per grain of thyroid. The inactive ingredients are calcium stearate, dextrose, microcrystalline cellulose, sodium starch glycolate and opadry white.

Thank you. I actually have googled it and t3 is always clear, but when you dive into what armour is... Well its always vague. Again i know you shouldn't have bothered to post what you did, but thanks. Most would have just called me an a** hole

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by hfurt View Post
    Thank you. I actually have googled it and t3 is always clear, but when you dive into what armour is... Well its always vague. Again i know you shouldn't have bothered to post what you did, but thanks. Most would have just called me an a** hole
    i was on armour due to my TRT and thyroid levels but took myself off it due to middle of the night bouts of pounding rapid heartbeat that i could not control. screw that dude!

spend some time looking into it man. thyroid is nothing to mess with.. the consequences can be hard to deal with!

Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    i was on armour due to my TRT and thyroid levels but took myself off it due to middle of the night bouts of pounding rapid heartbeat that i could not control. screw that dude!

spend some time looking into it man. thyroid is nothing to mess with.. the consequences can be hard to deal with!
    Thanks again

Thread Information