Quote Originally Posted by backcountryrider View Post
Thank you, this is excellent. And so when you say keep training hard, you mean continue the same training as during the cycle? I use "HIT training" (high intensity training) I train every muscle one time over every 8 days. I assume you mean keep this during PCT?
Yeah, just keep pushing it. Another thing that sprung to mind is that as a successful endurance athlete, you will probably have more Type I and Type IIa muscle fibers then the average guy, and a bit less of Type IIx/Type IIb.
This will also make it a little bit tougher for you to build size, as I and IIa are more geared towards endurance, and less towards power, they also do not like to grow as big as IIx and IIb.

This is something you might want to take into consideration when training, HIT is great, but I'd at least switch it up with some slightly higher volume, and frequent, training for a few months and see how that works out. Try to hit the sweet spot for your particular build, you might find that this will help you grow more.
I get strong doing HIT, but I get bigger hitting every part of my body 2-3x/week in the 8-12 rep range, with a bit less intensity. But thats just me, find your groove.

Quote Originally Posted by backcountryrider View Post
Not 4th. Top 4. So I was winning the main events with consistency as where 4 others. I knew others that did use steroids for the sport but it's more skill based than endurance and so performance enhancing drugs didn't help them much aside from healing from their injuries. I retired due to knee surgery and a back injury as well the recession hurt marketing in Europe and the US. Sponsors couldn't pay as much. I still do the sport of course.

I have not always ate like that, up from two years ago, it was a lot of cals but the quality wasn't as good as now. No matter how I adjusted my eating, I never gained or lost fat, it just doesn't change and it's been my entire life like that.
Oh man, I'm the exact opposite. Really hard for me to loose weight, but easy to gain. Just recently went from 256lbs to 170lbs though, just had to find a way of eating that worked for me!

Anyways, best of luck
/Maf