fitguy is offline Anabolic Member

steroids causing viral pneumonia??

can steroids cause viral pneumonia?also can i continue using steroids till the pneumonia is over cause my doctor who doesnt know that i take steroids told me not to take any steroid related medicine while having pneumonia so i stopped the dbol

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by fitguy View Post
    can steroids cause viral pneumonia?also can i continue using steroids till the pneumonia is over cause my doctor who doesnt know that i take steroids told me not to take any steroid related medicine while having pneumonia so i stopped the dbol
    Funny you should say this...

I actually got pneumonia on my first cycle and lost around 24lbs in under 6 days. I was hospitalised for 2 days with an oxygen mask, on an IV antibiotic and 3 oral antibiotics.

I wasnt on any orals, just Test Enan which I injected to once after leaving hospital and waited 14 days for the ester to clear. After which I started PCT.

Quote Originally Posted by Swifto View Post

I actually got pneumonia on my first cycle and lost around 24lbs in under 6 days. I was hospitalised for 2 days with an oxygen mask, on an IV antibiotic and 3 oral antibiotics.

I wasnt on any orals, just Test Enan which I injected to once after leaving hospital and waited 14 days for the ester to clear. After which I started PCT.
    so should i complete my cycle i was thinking just to stop the dbol for a week then start all over again i am a week and half into my cycle and was starting to see gains before that happened

so should i complete my cycle i was thinking just to stop the dbol for a week then start all over again i am a week and half into my cycle and was starting to see gains before that happened
    I would stop the Dbol and use a low dose of Test until you have fully recovered, then get back on the Dbol. Getting well is your priority, nothing else.

Researcher is offline Associate Member

Same thing happened to me. I just started up again and I'm immediately sick again. Do you think I should continue? (Test E only)

I would stop the Dbol and use a low dose of Test until you have fully recovered, then get back on the Dbol. Getting well is your priority, nothing else.
    thats what i am gonna do dropped the dbol and will continue after i pass this

i was thinking of switching to test e maybe dont wanna go through this again please helpe me guys

i was thinking of switching to test e maybe dont wanna go through this again please helpe me guys
    What kind of test are you on now?

NMacFar is offline Member
    I've heard of people using dbol catching pneumonia before. it's not as uncommon as you may think... these goddamn water weight steroids ! haha

i am thinking of the sustanon causing it not the dbol thats why i was thinking of switching to test e is it ok if i do so?i am already a week and half in

I don't know man I'm back on the test e and I'm sick again. Could be coincidence who knows. I'm going to try to stick it out and hope it passes.

bump for any help guys please

I'm going to rant a little...

The subject of androgens and immune funciton is a complicated one. The immune sytem can be definced into two arms. The cell mediated arm and the humoral arm. The cell mediated arm, responds to general assaults on the body by sending out immune cells to do things like attack invading organisms or intruders.

Humoral immunity involves B lymphocytes that secrete antibodies. They bind to the target and allow immune cells to recognize the target as an invader and launch an attack.

Some AAS seem to suppress one arm and stimulate the other. So you can see why is becomes complicated. It is thought that testosterone stimulates the humoral arm and suppresses the cellular arm. This is a theory because autoimmune diseases are more common in women than men. Testosterone suppresses cellular immunity in males, so are less likely to suffer from these diseases, such as multiple sclerosis (MS).

Prolactin and growth hormone enhance autoimmunity in both males/females and IGF romotes the recovery and repair of injured neural tissue.

sportfan33 is offline Associate Member
    ...interesting that would make sence

i am looking for an answer for me what should i do?

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member

Lightbulb

I highly doubt AAS use can cause pneumonia. Ive never heard or seen proof of this.

is it ok to switch from sustanon to test enathate in my 3rd week?

bump for an answer also i am almost over with the symptoms is it ok to complete my cycle ?

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    I would think that a virus caused the viral pneumonia...
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

can i switch from sustanon to test e in my 3rd week now?

You can do anything you want bro. Doesn't mean it's going to help anything.

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    I would think that a virus caused the viral pneumonia...
    I think the question is more like:
    Can taking steroids drastically increase your chances of developing pneumonia?

I have to say though it's a scary thought. On my first cycle I got that "test flu" thing for a few nights, I felt so cold I was shivering but I was sweating light a priest in a playground.

I find that the cold makes me sicker than anything else. My home country has very cold winters and everyone gets sick at some stage throughout the winter, it's disgusting. One winter really f***ed me up for the best part of a year. I wouldn't go back to it.

You can get pneumonia while on juice, and while off juice. All the people who posted in this thread saying they got pneumonia while on juice may have just gotten it "naturally" without the help of steroids . Or then again the steroids may have drastically increased the chances.

I think a link would be very difficult to prove here. Even if they discovered that steroid users were getting pneumonia far more than non-steroid users, you still can't put it down to steroids because you'd have to take into account the different lifestyle of steroid users, such as regular heavy work outs and high-protein diet. "Correaltion does not imply causation", as they say: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Correla...mply_causation

Here's a good example:
    In a widely-studied example, numerous epidemiological studies showed that women who were taking combined hormone replacement therapy (HRT) also had a lower-than-average incidence of coronary heart disease (CHD), leading doctors to propose that HRT was protective against CHD. But randomized controlled trials showed that HRT caused a small and significant increase in risk of CHD. Re-analysis of the data from the epidemiological studies showed that women undertaking HRT were more likely to be from higher socio-economic groups (ABC1), with better than average diet and exercise regimes. The use of HRT and decreased incidence of coronary heart disease were coincident effects of a common cause (i.e., the benefits associated with a higher socioeconomic status), rather than cause and effect as had been supposed
    Last edited by KimboHalfSlice; 12-04-2009 at 09:49 PM.

Lethalius is offline Junior Member
    I had a 3 week stint with pneumonia in October. While I was on sustanon (always on some form of test longterm), I do not attribute the pneumonia to the steroids . It's triggered by many different kinds of viruses. I think I just let myself get too run down.

stevey_6t9 is offline RIP Aziz "Zyzz" Sergeyevich Shavershian - Veni Vidi Vici
    maybe the AAS lowers ur immune system rendering and increased susceptability to pathogens

vernzern is offline New Member
    Hahahhahahhahaha that's ****ing hilarious..sweating like a priest in a play ground....priceless... I have to use this sometime...hahahaa.

Thread Information