tarmyg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries

Question When to start using Steroids

Hi guys,

Have anyone created something like a general reference for when to start using Steriods ? I realize this is highly individual but I am thinking of something like, at AGE, with BF, with WEIGHT, YEARS OF TRAINING that could be used as a simple general reference. Is this possible or way to individual?

Thanks
    ~T

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member

tarmyg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Yes, kind of. I am thinking more of a chart because we always see someone asking a question like. "I am 26yrs old and been training hardcore for 6 months. I am 5"10' weighing 148lbs. Should I start using AAS?"

~T

panntastic is offline "cool as shit and knows his stuff"
    Quote Originally Posted by tarmyg
    Yes, kind of. I am thinking more of a chart because we always see someone asking a question like. "I am 26yrs old and been training hardcore for 6 months. I am 5"10' weighing 148lbs. Should I start using AAS?"

~T
    To this there is no definitive answer due to loads of variables like you have just mentioned.
    Training experience
    Weight
    Goals
    Just to mention a few.
    There's far to large a sliding scale.
    It's all well and good saying your 30 and endocrine system is mature etc if you have only just stepped in a gym.
    Sorry but to do a "chart" would be impossible.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Between that one and this one should answer most of your questions.
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...o#.UQZlpUHhxv8

calstate23 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tarmyg View Post
    Hi guys,

Have anyone created something like a general reference for when to start using Steriods ? I realize this is highly individual but I am thinking of something like, at AGE, with BF, with WEIGHT, YEARS OF TRAINING that could be used as a simple general reference. Is this possible or way to individual?

Thanks
    ~T
    Personally if you can not get in LOW single digit bodyfat% naturally and with good muscle bellies and proportions then you don't EVEN deserve it....

And quite frankly, it usually shows the TRUE persons work ethic, which is lazy....Don't even think about it until you hit your natural peak or AT LEAST very close to it..

swm1972 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by calstate23

Personally if you can not get in LOW single digit bodyfat% naturally and with good muscle bellies and proportions then you don't EVEN deserve it....

And quite frankly, it usually shows the TRUE persons work ethic, which is lazy....Don't even think about it until you hit your natural peak or AT LEAST very close to it..
    Not everyone has the same goals. Not everyone has a desire to reach single digit bodyfat. Power lifters don't deserve it for instance? This is a narrow pov based upon your personal goals.

>Good Luck< is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by swm1972

Not everyone has the same goals. Not everyone has a desire to reach single digit bodyfat. Power lifters don't deserve it for instance? This is a narrow pov based upon your personal goals.
    Agreed. Reality there is no right time or formula to decide. Realize your goals, make sure you are committed to the lifestyle of fitness. A couple years training is a good inclination that you are going to keep training. If you just joined the gym, chances are you don't know if you're ready to commit 4 days a week for the rest of your future.

I started to soon, and it was a huge waste. I now feel more ready and others may feel im not yet worthy. But when I think about training and the gym, I don't have a finish line. I plan to train until I'm no longer able to do so, and for me, and only me, it has allowed me to feel ready. I have also done tremendous work on my eating habits and understanding what the body needs to grow, cut, recomp etc.. If you can make serious efforts in these areas, your are closer to your goal of utilizing aas. When you use them will be when you choose to and nobody will make that decision but you.

Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by swm1972 View Post
    True...I am ONLY thinking bodybuilding wise.....I automatically go towards that when I age those stat numbers.....

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    To each is own, the safest way is best though.

Lower Bf% and what not. . . . But, some people use it for different shit. I seen people use juice effectively for weight loss, we don't recommend it. But, it does work.

Powerlifters are pretty high in Bf but still use. It's a part of their sport as much as it is in BB.

And there are so many small time users. I see it now in the gym, I say 80% of the guys that regularly go to my gym are juiced. I have a few confirmed, but it's not hard to tell.

Juice is like religion. . . . . Bring me to the other thread.

warmouth is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by calstate23 View Post

Ouch! Thats kinda harsh isnt it? Everyones genetics are different, and most people cant get to single digit BF naturally because they dont have time to train or eatin such a way(They are out working 12-16 hours "being lazy" I guess. Then try to fit in a gym session on top of that, then spend a little time with their families before bed, only to get up 4 hours later to start it all over again. Lazy bastards.)

Lastly, BS on getting to genetic limit before starting. Genetically a person certain person can get to 240, while another 205. But what if the 240just wants to be a muscular 210 and maintain a single digit BF, but due to life, he has to use AAS to help him achieve this physique?

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    You can't be a juice Nazi . . . lol

People can juice whenever, not that they should.

We are all self indulgent wieners unless we do this for our living. We do this juice because we want to for different inner reasons of course. But, life will not end if none of us juiced < Of course TRT patients are an exclusion from this.

The fact is, just because someone dont reach their genetic limit and maintain a single digit BF% doesnt make that person lazy, it makes them normal. I work my butt off, as I stated above, but am not single digit, or genetic limit. I just hate to be lumped in a "lazy" catagory because I guarantee you that I am one of the most dedicated, hard working people anyone here will meet. I have had to be self reliant since I was 15 years old. I had to put clothes on my back in school, pay for my lunch, and buy my car. Ive never had anything given to me. But because I am not at genetic limit or single digit BF, does that make me lazy?

Quote Originally Posted by warmouth View Post
    The fact is, just because someone dont reach their genetic limit and maintain a single digit BF% doesnt make that person lazy, it makes them normal. I work my butt off, as I stated above, but am not single digit, or genetic limit. I just hate to be lumped in a "lazy" catagory because I guarantee you that I am one of the most dedicated, hard working people anyone here will meet. I have had to be self reliant since I was 15 years old. I had to put clothes on my back in school, pay for my lunch, and buy my car. Ive never had anything given to me. But because I am not at genetic limit or single digit BF, does that make me lazy?
    Exactly, it makes them normal...Because not that many people get to low bodyfat%...And it isn't just genetics freaks that get there, there is a lot of hard working people that have to work a lot harder then others to get there too...

Anyone can get there so it's up to them....So you can answer your own question I guess....

As for BODYBUILDING purposes, I would HIGHLY suggest build SOLID SOLID physique natural before you use...Proportion, strength, etc...There is lots of bodies built off hormones only and it shows....

And just as you hate being lumped into a category...There is guys that worked 10x times harder then someone else who just jumped on hormones and surpassed them...I bet those guys HATE that too..

But for the ones that waited, they shall receive the extra benefits.....

Ouch! Thats kinda harsh isnt it? Everyones genetics are different, and most people cant get to single digit BF naturally because they dont have time to train or eatin such a way(They are out working 12-16 hours "being lazy" I guess. Then try to fit in a gym session on top of that, then spend a little time with their families before bed, only to get up 4 hours later to start it all over again. Lazy bastards.)

Lastly, BS on getting to genetic limit before starting. Genetically a person certain person can get to 240, while another 205. But what if the 240just wants to be a muscular 210 and maintain a single digit BF, but due to life, he has to use AAS to help him achieve this physique?
    Anyone who get to 240 WITHOUT Hormones is most likely fat as sh*t UNLESS they are like 6'3" or something....So in that case, they probably should have been dieting a lot earlier....They can get down as thin as they want but it will take them a lot longer due to bad eating habits....

Most natty's really shouldn't even be that big honestly, depending on their height...No one in a normal height in going to be 240 in low bodyfat% naturally even over 200 lbs real LEAN is rare for average height...So I don't even know how to answer that...The easy part is using hormones, the hard part is getting good physique BEFORE hormones...
    Last edited by calstate23; 01-28-2013 at 09:58 PM.

Here is my thing. The OP has 17 posts here. And he gets a snide remark that is an OPINION ONLY and doesnt have any evidence or references other than an opinion to back it up. So I have sympathy for new guys looking for legit answers, as I was one not too long ago. And guess what? I got this same crap from "promoted" members, who should be the ones giving sound advice. Even if that advice is only opinion, which most are anyways, should be professional in manner. I had the hardest time adapting to this forum due to this behavior from advanced guys, and it was intimidating and made me feel stupid. In my opinion, the OP asked a legit question, that desearves a legit answer.

And because you thinka person can maintain a natural BF% of 5-7% and be at genetic limit doesnt mean it holds water. That is your opinion as well. And for me now being a grown up and havinga family with bills, I dont have the time or money to eat or train to maintain single digits, on or off cycle. I do in fact work 12-16 hours, sometimes more, and still find a little time to go to the gym 4-5 times a week, and I get good results from what I can do. It is all I can do. I am a small business owner, so I dont have the luxury of getting 12 hours of sleep, 8 meals a day, 2 hours at the gym, etc, etc, etc. that it takes to have professional-like stats. I dont have the time, or the money. After reading the Bears diet, and seeing Austinites diet, it is just not in the cards for me at the timeto be able to eat like that. I would love too, but I dont make the money to do it.

To keep from continuing the rant, I am happy whenI am 10-12%, 5'10, and 185-195. Currently, I am at 15% or a bit more. Not happy about it, but I can assure you Cali, I am not lazy. Stressed to the max? Yeah, I am that. Try running a construction business in this economy and having several guys depend on you to provide them wih enough work to provide for their families. Not lazy, just doing what I can do, like 99% of the people here. Its a freaking hobby for us, not a job. If it was a job, hell yes it would be different. But its a hobby and people can start at whatever stats they want to start at. Sometimes we forget we are all in this together and are here to help others and build each other up and encourage one another with our goals. We have to assert leadership better than what I was treated, and what some others are getting treated, as we were chosen to do just that.

Here is my thing. The OP has 17 posts here. And he gets a snide remark that is an OPINION ONLY and doesnt have any evidence or references other than an opinion to back it up. So I have sympathy for new guys looking for legit answers, as I was one not too long ago. And guess what? I got this same crap from "promoted" members, who should be the ones giving sound advice. Even if that advice is only opinion, which most are anyways, should be professional in manner. I had the hardest time adapting to this forum due to this behavior from advanced guys, and it was intimidating and made me feel stupid. In my opinion, the OP asked a legit question, that desearves a legit answer.

And because you thinka person can maintain a natural BF% of 5-7% and be at genetic limit doesnt mean it holds water. That is your opinion as well. And for me now being a grown up and havinga family with bills, I dont have the time or money to eat or train to maintain single digits, on or off cycle. I do in fact work 12-16 hours, sometimes more, and still find a little time to go to the gym 4-5 times a week, and I get good results from what I can do. It is all I can do. I am a small business owner, so I dont have the luxury of getting 12 hours of sleep, 8 meals a day, 2 hours at the gym, etc, etc, etc. that it takes to have professional-like stats. I dont have the time, or the money. After reading the Bears diet, and seeing Austinites diet, it is just not in the cards for me at the timeto be able to eat like that. I would love too, but I dont make the money to do it.

To keep from continuing the rant, I am happy whenI am 10-12%, 5'10, and 185-195. Currently, I am at 15% or a bit more. Not happy about it, but I can assure you Cali, I am not lazy. Stressed to the max? Yeah, I am that. Try running a construction business in this economy and having several guys depend on you to provide them wih enough work to provide for their families. Not lazy, just doing what I can do, like 99% of the people here. Its a freaking hobby for us, not a job. If it was a job, hell yes it would be different. But its a hobby and people can start at whatever stats they want to start at. Sometimes we forget we are all in this together and are here to help others and build each other up and encourage one another with our goals. We have to assert leadership better than what I was treated, and what some others are getting treated, as we were chosen to do just that.
    I did give him a legit answer and I wasn't trying to be sarcastic or rude....And it goes down the line with anything...Whatever he wants to use steroids for he should do it naturally for a long time...I stick by that...I am giving my honest advice...

You said it harsh...I still don't get why...For bodybuilding purposes it is best for maximizing results...

And when I said lazy, I wasn't referring to a persons whole character trait....I should have narrowed it down more...I was saying lazy for the guys in high bodyfat % who usually end up taking dbol , deca , and test to get "huge"....And that cycle really isn't going to get them in shape especially if they're in high bodyfat%..Which I would consider THAT a little lazy perhaps in the area of not researching or anything....

I mean if a person doesn't have time for diet and training I don't think hormones would help them that much anyways so I don't see why they would want to use them...You know what I'm sayin...

I get where you are coming from but my answers are usually my honest opinions...Unless of course I've misread a post...
    Last edited by calstate23; 01-28-2013 at 10:48 PM.

Thread Information