jmdarling44 is offline New Member

Clenbuterol + blood pressure medication

I have a question. I have recently started on a low dosage of blood pressure medication resipril 10mg a day. My blood pressure has been running around 140-150/90. I'm prepping for a show and have bought some clenbuterol . I'm wanting to begin and have taken it in the past, however now being 29 and on bp medicine, i'm nervouse. I know to start on 60mcg's and work my way up and am on no other stimulants, not even caffiene. Is this going to be counter active with the clen and the bp medicine or would the bp medicine help with the side effect of increased bp from clen?

Thanks for all the help.

A_Grant is offline Junior Member
    The medication you are reffering to, is it ramipril? If not, what is the active ingredient? Some bp meds are nonselective beta-blokers, wich you can't take with clen .

But anyway, taking clen in your situation wouldn't be very wise. 1st, clen can mess with your bp. 150 cystolic is pretty high at your age. 2nd, you are on a new medication. Even if there is no known interraction between the two, giving your body two different drugs would make it impossible to assess you reaction to the bp meds.

So my advice would be to take some time and let the bp meds do their jobs for a while. Bear in mind that if they don't work, your MD will need to switch them or adjust dosage. If he doesn't know you are on clen, this is just playing with fire. If in a few weeks/months you still want to try clen, try to get some kind of medical supervision from a MD or a pharmacist.

Just my 2cents.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    The issue is that you are still hypertensive, despite the ACE inhibitor. Clen will increase your BP yet more. I'd add a beta blocker to reduce your heart's contractile force, and skip the clen.

jmdarling44 is offline New Member
    ramapril, thats it. I didn't have it in front of me so I was guessing. I think my bp in elevated because for the past year I have been being treated for low testosterone and on 200mg of test per week non stop. Also, i was taking in tons of bp medication and am quite a bit higher in weight than typical. I was a natural competitor until beginning the HRT therapy and won't be allowed to compete in the natural organizations now. do either of you think the test could be what is elevating my bp?

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    The test is certainly contributing. You probably need to give blood to lower your hematocrit.

A_Grant is offline Junior Member
    Yes, test is a contributing factor for sure. Especially if you are prone to hypertension. I know I am and my bp does suffer when i'm on cycle.

Thread Information