hfurt is offline New Member

Short VS Long Cycle

Interested in opinion. I have always run 12/13 week cycles with good results. The problem always is what you lose when you come off. I always try to take at least as long off as I was on.

So what if you did shorter cycles - say 6-7 weeks on, 6-7 weeks off? My logic was - over a 12 month period of time you would gain as while on a long cycle, but lose less. IE net gain.

Thoughts? Logic completely off?

Papa Smurf is offline Senior Member
    Stats please

Soar is offline Productive Member
    I think the ability to retain most of your goals would rely on the diet and training after the cycle ended. Assuming you did a proper Pct

MickeyKnox is offline Banned

Lunk1 is offline aka "JOB"
    If given the option I prefer short cycles..on and off. Easier recovery. Sometimes long cycles are necessary for certain goals and with certain compounds

warmouth is offline Productive Member
    And longs dont mean that you lose everything, it just means you arent eating enough and training correct to maintain gains. You will lose some, but not all, unless youve hit the "genetic limit". I like shorts as well.

The Bear 79 is offline Banned
    Very good info here conveyed by all.

In my opinion, your cycle length should be a direct correlation of your goal(s), for example, if you are training to compete in a professional sport I say long cycles are the way to go, blast & cruise is my favorite, this provides the opportunity to force (for lack of better term) your body beyond it's genetic limit & gain an edge on your competition. If you are interested only in vanity, then short cycles are for you, that way you have a much better chance of recovery.

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    For convenience reasons I have always preferred long esters so I tend to run longer cycles in the 12-14 weeks range. I have been fortunate to have no problems in recovery but I am always very diligent with my pct and on cycle ancillaries(aromasin , HCG etc).

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    I much prefer shoter cycles anything from 6 weeks under is far better for gains and sides for me. One thing you need to implement when doing short cycles is to prime the body beforehand, this will open the growth window and give you an excellent springboard for growth. If you master priming and design a short cycle correctly the gains can be outstanding.

likelifting is offline Senior Member
    LOooooooong

Turkish Juicer is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I have run both long and short cycles in the past.

At one point (it must have been my 12th cycle), it became obvious to me that I wasn't making any LBM gains passed week 8.

Thus, I decided to run short cycles only from then on. I stopped using heavy ester AAS altogether and started to master 8 week cycles.

I am well aware of the fact that 6 week cycles have even a higher ratio of risk-benefit; however, orals are necessarily involved in 6 week cycles for best results (orals have super short biological life and results are almost immediate) and I don't do orals.

... so, 8 week cycles are what I have been doing over the past few years and will continue to do so in the future.

Thread Information