ChiveOn is offline Senior Member

IGF-1 Deer Antler

So for any of you who have watched SportsCenter this week you've seen Ray Lewis and several Alabama players linked to taking deer antler spray, which was labeled a banned substance, because it contains IGF-1. Supposedly.

This seems highly rediculous and supremely retarded, yet I foresee stupid people doing stupid things with this because its on t.v.

Before I get flamed and told I'm one of those retards.... The subject peaked my curiosity and I was wondering if there was any validity behind it. It's to the best of my knowledge that ingesting IGF-1 orally is pointless because it would get broken down. And it seems improbable that rubbing it on a torn tricep would do anything at all...

Just looking for any information to help me better understand while I'm at work and can't spend much time doing the research on my own at the moment

likelifting is offline Senior Member
    I completely messed up.

I see you are asking about IGF not just Ray Lewis.

My bad.

Carry on.
    Last edited by likelifting; 01-30-2013 at 09:24 PM.

calstate23 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiveOn View Post
    So for any of you who have watched SportsCenter this week you've seen Ray Lewis and several Alabama players linked to taking deer antler spray, which was labeled a banned substance, because it contains IGF-1. Supposedly.

This seems highly rediculous and supremely retarded, yet I foresee stupid people doing stupid things with this because its on t.v.

Before I get flamed and told I'm one of those retards.... The subject peaked my curiosity and I was wondering if there was any validity behind it. It's to the best of my knowledge that ingesting IGF-1 orally is pointless because it would get broken down. And it seems improbable that rubbing it on a torn tricep would do anything at all...

Just looking for any information to help me better understand while I'm at work and can't spend much time doing the research on my own at the moment
    What I would like to know EVEN if it did have effects, why would he take DEER ANTLER when he has EVERY opportunity to get high quality IGF-1 and all hormones for that matter?? Ha ha

dylan111557 is offline Associate Member
    I'm also interested.... Google doesn't provide much information.

Allaaro is offline Associate Member
    All I know is that guy is a tank, so I want some deer spray now.

ChiveOn is offline Senior Member
    It just seems you would have to use quite a bit. Who the hell would use that instead of legit IGF that you can get online without the media blowing you up? It makes no sense to me

Thread Information