jsanman is offline Associate Member

Unhappy starting to lose my hair at age 20 :(

hello i am 20 years old and for years now ive known i was gonna lose my hair both sides of he family have little to no hair past the age of 30
    ive always seen my hairs fall out during the shower on waking up from bed its never bothered me
    till now, i lift up my hair and i see the line of hair receding, its not bad now, but ever since my girlfriend pointed it out its causing me huge grief
    im starting to realize my hair is soon to be gone , my older brother is 24 and has lost 20-30% of his hair now
    recently ive been doing just fine by cuting my hair super short that way my hair doesnt get much friction and only washing my hair every other day so it gets even less friction
    is there anything more i can do ?
    i know ill go bald and im fine with it really but just not now, what can i do to slow down whats probably inevitable ?

panntastic is offline "cool as shit and knows his stuff"
    Shave it off

Euroholic is offline "ARs Pork Eating Crusader"
    Surgery!!!!

seems like this is my only option .... i wish i had a better looking head lol, maybe if i grow enough muscle people will car less about my hair ;p

Quote Originally Posted by Euroholic View Post
    Surgery!!!!
    what kind of surgery?.....

Its called hair transplantation. They transplant hair from other parts of your body and put it on your head.

wouldnt you just end up losing it again ?

No idea. Look it up. Id say it would be expensive.

yeah i looked it up , around 5000 and it doesnt sound very like a very fun process ....

Turkish Juicer is offline Knowledgeable Member
    If you are genetically prone to hair loss, AAS will only speed up the process that leads to the inevitable end.

Even if you were to get hair transplanted, you will loose that too with further AAS use in the future...

So, shaving it off and not worrying about it seems to be the most reasonable and cost-effective option in every regard.

There are plenty of women who find bold muscular men very sexy, so if I were you, I wouldn't worry about that aspect of my life either.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Wait till you get serious side effects from using steroids at your age, going bald will seem so insignificant. Just shave it off

cro
    cro is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    ive been shaving it off for years. dont even remember what hair looked like on my head or i dont even care . it took a little bit. hats for a while.a good tan always helps.

i rather like my hair its sad i guess, ive only lost about an inch at most from the sides.
    i knew i was gonna go bald eventually lol , i guess i just never thought it would start out so soon
    i guess ill refrain from aas for a while....

Quote Originally Posted by Turkish Juicer View Post
    If you are genetically prone to hair loss, AAS will only speed up the process that leads to the inevitable end.

Even if you were to get hair transplanted, you will loose that too with further AAS use in the future...

So, shaving it off and not worrying about it seems to be the most reasonable and cost-effective option in every regard.

There are plenty of women who find bold muscular men very sexy, so if I were you, I wouldn't worry about that aspect of my life either.
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    Wait till you get serious side effects from using steroids at your age, going bald will seem so insignificant. Just shave it off
    Quote Originally Posted by cro View Post
    ive been shaving it off for years. dont even remember what hair looked like on my head or i dont even care . it took a little bit. hats for a while.a good tan always helps.
    yeah i have been told shaving it all off is the way to go , i keep my hair very short so it wont be a huge change lol
    thanks for the encouragement guys, i guess its just hard finding people to talk to about this , glad some other guys can relate on here

leather daddy is offline Banned
    u might wanna start on propecia/dutast, aswell as nizoral 2% and minoxidil mate!

i dont really like advising on propecia/dutast as there pretty nasty drugs for some people so be careful! but my cuzin currently uses it with no issues as well as a fair few people i know

never had issues with it!

Quote Originally Posted by leather daddy View Post
    u might wanna start on propecia/dutast, aswell as nizoral 2% and minoxidil mate!

i dont really like advising on propecia/dutast as there pretty nasty drugs for some people so be careful! but my cuzin currently uses it with no issues as well as a fair few people i know

never had issues with it!
    yeah ive looked into those two as well , the apear to be temporary fixes though, the results take months then go away as soon as one stops :/

fit2bOld is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Shave it bro. Transplantation leaves a scar on the back of the head where they harvest the hair to transplant. So when you do go bald now you have a nice scar to boot.

Quote Originally Posted by fit2bOld View Post
    Shave it bro. Transplantation leaves a scar on the back of the head where they harvest the hair to transplant. So when you do go bald now you have a nice scar to boot.
    yeah id rather not cough up 5 grand on a procedure that is only temporary , im not that self conscious lol

bobdurden is offline New Member
    Here is my advice, man. Shave it off now so it looks like it was your choice. That's what I did and a few years later people are asking why dont I grow my hair out again. I tell them it's an aesthetic choice and also, my g/f loves it. Buzz your head down to a 0, clip on a new Mach 3 blade and USE SHAVING OIL. You will get a much closer shave and it is good for moisturizing your scalp. Don't fight nature, bro. It's gonna happen.

Angel of death is offline Senior Member
    go to a hair loss forum for your concerns, they'll offer better alternatives than "shave it bro"
    not knocking anybody, this is what you should expect from a steroid forum.

but as far as transplanted hair the usual procedure is getting it transplanted from the back and sides of your head which are DHT resistant hairs. testosterone converts to DHT which leads to hairloss in prone individuals. so you won't lose transplanted hairs or not as easily as least. the problem with this usually is you can't just do the front part of your head for example because this "donor" hair is limited and if you end up losing all your hair you risk looking like a freakshow. good luck
    Last edited by Angel of death; 02-01-2013 at 08:36 PM.

JayIsPumped is offline Associate Member
    best of luck man! when u loose it just get huge

Thread Information