aaayr is offline New Member

The healing effects of steroids

I was just wonder if steroids would have a healing effect of healing ligaments and tendons. I recently had some shoulder problems probably a tear and the healing it slow on it ive been doing rotary cuff exercises and such and me and my cousin recently went to a supplement store and the man had told us that steroids could have a healing effect on the shoulder that can fix the problem. I was wondering if anyone knew of such and what type of anabolic steroids it might be?

guest589745 is offline 2/3 Deca 1/3 Test
    Steroids , as far as I know and based on personal experience, have no specific benefit to ligaments and tendons, especially injured ones besides the increase in IGF some cause as well as nandrolones (supposed) collagen synthesis increasing properties.

There has been studies done on injuries with nandrolone but they are burn related injuries and I paid little attention to them when researching.

helium3 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aaayr
    I was just wonder if steroids would have a healing effect of healing ligaments and tendons. I recently had some shoulder problems probably a tear and the healing it slow on it ive been doing rotary cuff exercises and such and me and my cousin recently went to a supplement store and the man had told us that steroids could have a healing effect on the shoulder that can fix the problem. I was wondering if anyone knew of such and what type of anabolic steroids it might be?

from my exp cuts and bruises,along with other injuries healed alot quicker.

proberbly due to higher red blood cell count.

bowie is offline Member
    steriods make it worse IMO. wait till your healthy before starting a cycle.

edmen2 is offline Anabolic Member
    in my experience test caused ligaments and tendons to heal much slower but muscle tears and pulls healed much faster. now deca on the other hand healed my rotator cuff and if i remember correcly it was only at 125 mg a week.

cj1capp is offline Anabolic Member
    bump for more info

Timm1704 is offline Anabolic Member
    i did my first cycle afew months after a shoulder operation. the surgeon told me that the pain i was feeling was due to scar tissue from the operation, and that over time it would become less rigid. so, i ran a deca /dbol course, as i knew that deca sends water to the joints, and in the 3 months i was on, i wouldnt feel the pain (which wasnt serious, and wasnt going to make my shoulder worse). by time i came off, the scar tissue had shifted, and my shoulder is 100%.

this surgery was acromioclavicular arthroscopic surgery, so had no bearing on tendons or ligaments. from what ive read, the rapid muscle growth associated with steroid use will put more stress on tendons.

guest589745 is offline 2/3 Deca 1/3 Test
    Quote Originally Posted by Timm1704
    i did my first cycle afew months after a shoulder operation. the surgeon told me that the pain i was feeling was due to scar tissue from the operation, and that over time it would become less rigid. so, i ran a deca /dbol course, as i knew that deca sends water to the joints, and in the 3 months i was on, i wouldnt feel the pain (which wasnt serious, and wasnt going to make my shoulder worse). by time i came off, the scar tissue had shifted, and my shoulder is 100%.

this surgery was acromioclavicular arthroscopic surgery, so had no bearing on tendons or ligaments. from what ive read, the rapid muscle growth associated with steroid use will put more stress on tendons.
    thast exactly what I had 2 weeks ago.

So you are saying thta deca/dbol HELPED? DId they have to make an incision as well ? How long until you were able to lift again ?

Hard Head is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aaayr
    Growth Hormone and it's not a steroid .

Was considering a cycle of test-e and gh peptides after my surgery thursday. Maybe adding deca is an option, although it would be my first cycle.

incipio is offline New Member
    Remember that ligaments and tendon are not as regenerative as muscle, I believe that for healing properly the best thing is to recover, stretch, follow the mobilitywod and take care of your joints. Steroids will only increase your chances of pulling something. Like most people these days, they get all hyped up go take some steroids, lift heavy every day and put all this work into getting stronger and forget about there mobility, not to mention they quit all there endurance, which if you read about lifting and getting stronger that intense conditioning workouts will actually benefit strength gains and help keep ya lean. But mobility and then some more mobility, it should be like drinking water. Do it all day, everyday. Like sex.

good advice

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    AAS isnt a cure in fact if you have a problem like your shoulder.You should see a Doctor instead of trying to mask the pain with Deca or pain meds.And after surgery do wat the Doctor says.Beacuse if you push it you may end up injuring it again.You got to remember you dont make a living doing this.

Thread Information