Thread: T3 side effect.

OKCity is offline Junior Member
    Fellas got a question. So iv been takin clen and t3 for about 2 weeks now. Absolutely cannot stand clen, the shakes and the cramps I just can't deal with anymore, especially in my career field. I have lost a little weight and some body fat. My use looked like this clen 60mcg increasing 20mcg daily topping out at at 120mcg. Along with these doses I took 50mcg of t3 no more no less. People have different opinions about this but this what my pops recommended. Anyways after 2 weeks iv got this strange pain in my neck/throat especially when I swallow food, water, or just a normal dry throat swallow.

Is this from the t3 or the clen. I'm taking taurin with the clen didn't help with cramps tho...thanks fellas

Btw 6ft 205 13.5 %bf
    Last edited by OKCity; 02-02-2013 at 07:21 PM.

I'm thinking you forgot to post the question....

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Hartman
    I'm thinking you forgot to post the question....
    Lol yea my phone sucks sometimes

Ahhh you edited....some people get a sore throat from t3 which is your thyroid slowing down or shutting off its natural production of thyroid hormone but the other sides like headache etc are most likely from clen .

krugerr is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Hartman
    Ahhh you edited....some people get a sore throat from t3 which is your thyroid slowing down or shutting off its natural production of thyroid hormone but the other sides like headache etc are most likely from clen.
    Atomini was saying that your thyroid was extremely slow to react to exogenous T3. A study showed that people misdiagnosed with Hypothyroidism spent something like 20 years on thyroid medication with no effect on their own natural production.
    Would you feel 'pain' from your body shutting down its own production?

I haven't read whatever study he posted but my personal experience and bloodwork (and many others) shows that t3 and larger doses of t4 will put TSH at near immeasurable levels. Thyroid hormone like any other hormone has a negative feedback and TSH is directly regulated by t4 and even more so by t3.

Maybe the hypothyroid test subjects weren't as greatly affected because they weren't given large enough doses (replacement type doses) or because they weren't properly converting t4 to t3 which inhibits TSH more so than t4?

Not having seen what you're talking about I'd also say that comparing people who are hypothyroid to healthy people isn't accurate anyway because there can be so many different causes of someone having hypothyroidism.

krugerr is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I can't remember exactly what the study said about doses. It may be that you're right, I just thought I would regurgitate something I read. Ill re-read the study tomorrow and see what it says!

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Any chance you're just sick?

Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte
    Any chance you're just sick?
    No not at all. I mean this is a sign of hypothyroidism. "Lump in the throat" is what it feels like when I swallow. But I did notice in the gym that the more my heart rate is up the less it hurts almost non existent.

So what to do? Just come off it completely ASAP. It's just weird. I don't want to continue to take it if it's going to cause me pain throughout. I feel fine, my heart rate is still up, my body temp is 99.2.

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    A lump in throat from hypothyroidism is known as a goiter and takes quite some time. I tend to think along the lines of sick as well.
    I could e wrong but I believe the study referred to was used to demonstrate the thyroids ability to recover-not tsh levels etc of someone with hypothyroidism.

Thread Information