briansvk is offline Associate Member

Pre-show timing - competitors

Hi guys.

I am actually preparing for two shows. First one takes place 2 weeks prior the second. I would like to ask how long before the shot should I come off following gear I am taking:

Test Prop (100mg/EOD) - plan: 50mg/EOD 20 days before contest, come off 10 days before contest
    Drostanolone Prop (100mg/EOD) - plan: come off 10 days before contest
    Trenbolone Hexa (76.5mg/EOD) - plan: come off 14 days before contest
    HGH - plan: come off 2 days before contest
    Taking AI Anastrozole .5mg ED

This timing should be fine, but I am a bit concerned about what to do during those two weeks between the shows. I was thinking to take like three 50mg/EOD shots of test prop from sunday (first shot on sunday) after the first show and come off like 10 days before the second show again.

Another question is... how to manipulate sodium and water during those two weeks? The first show is priority, but I would like to avoid being bloated on the second one, so... how should I eat sodium? I was thinking on like 2-3 liters (0.6-1 galon) water a day with moderate to little sodium income for 1 week and then during the carb depletion go up to 10-12 liters (2.5-3 galons) a day and stop water on friday morning. Principle like this works for me fine for one show but I have never been info situation when there are two shows and 2 weeks time in the middle and I am a bit concerned if the bod wont get bloated instead of getting rid of the water during card depletion. Please your opinions.

Metalject is offline Knowledgeable Member
    *I would run the Masteron and Tren all the way up to the show and keep running it until your next show. There's no reason to come off either one of those compounds. You'll be harder if you continue them the entire time.

*Test: IMO it's always best to not plan exactly what you're going to do with test when leading up to a show. It's better to gauge things as they come. Here's an example of two guys I worked with for JR. Nats last year, same show both heavy weights. One ran 200mg of Prop all the way through to the end. The other 100mg/wk the last couple wks and then 50mg one wk and nothing the last wk...it really depends on what you're looking like. In some cases, dropping too much test or cutting it too low can make you look flatter. In the end though it all boils down to where your conditioning is at. Generally, the leaner you are the longer you can keep a good steady bit of test in there closer to the show. If you can control water and estrogen this shouldn't be a problem. Now I will say this, I never have a guy run high test doses up to a show if I've never worked with them before.

*Sometimes, quite often actually, dropping HGH a full 2wks out can help with water, especially if you're using a decent dose.

*The manipulation question, I'll simply tell you what worked for me in the past. I'm not a big fan of cutting sodium. I always just left whatever was in my diet in there the same the last wk, drank extra water Sun-Wed, dropped back down to normal on Thur, started diuretics on Fri and dropped all water by Fri night, normally around 6 or 7. If you think about it, there really shouldn't be that much sodium in your diet anyway if you're following a good, strict prep diet. Now I always had a good bit of soy sauce when I was dieting, which while high in sodium was really all the sodium I was getting and you do need some. I would normally cut back on that a little the last week but not in a major way. If you're lean and ready and use a good diuretic and don't get nuts with your water you should turn out fine. Cutting too much water too soon is such a big mistake a lot of guys make. And of course, most guys (if they're eying everything themselves) are never as lean as they think they are. Be lean!

*The 2wk break between shows: best thing you can do IMO, after your first show have a meal of whatever you want and if you want one good meal Sun. I say go for it. From there just jump right back on your normal prep diet and keep the gear the same as you had it the last 2wks before your first show. If that worked out well the last thing you want to do is to get really creative because you'll more than likely mess things up. It can be, however, pretty useful to take a low dose of a mild diuretic for 2-3 days after your first show. I typically have guys do this anyway even if they're not doing another show right away....really helps with the post show edema.

Alright, hope that helped.

Thank you a lot Metalject, very good and needed info

Hi again...

I am bumping this thread because of I need slightly modify my question... What happened is that there is another competition in the week in the middle.. So I will be attending 3 shows one week after another..
    So should I make any considerable changes in the prep? The most important show is the first one still, so I will peak there to the top speaking about drying and carbing up to the edge.

My plan is to get right back on carb depletion the day after the first show - on Sunday. I would take very little sodium intake, so hopefully there wont be much water retention, but I am thinking of keeping some diuretics like Moduretic half a tablet/day in the mornining just to keep water flowing. Dont know if this is a good idea, so... ? Water will be back to normal on Saturday, stopped again on Friday morning (just about 0,5-1l/day on Fri).

For the last show again the same. I am a little concerned because this is going to be hard on the body and I have no idea if it is even possible to peak three weeks in a row. Any suggestions? Thanks.

fit2bOld is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Muscle is mostly water and using diuretics without prior trial can leave you flat. I would Only manipulate your carbs for each show. Keep AAS steady throughout. Really limit the variables unless you have exact knowledge to how you will respond.

Thread Information