Crooktele79 is offline New Member
    Just curious to know everyone's thoughts on cycling when you have a history of heart disease in the family? My father died at 53 from a heart attack. He did eat terribly and smoked for 30 years though. I would like to run a test only cycle in a year or two, but have concerns over my heart health.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails AAS use with family history of heart disease?-image-2153750025.jpg   AAS use with family history of heart disease?-image-1822129865.jpg   AAS use with family history of heart disease?-image-1228151457.jpg   AAS use with family history of heart disease?-image-712758672.jpg  
    Last edited by Crooktele79; 02-08-2013 at 06:23 AM.

The Bear 79 is offline Banned
    The first thing that comes to mind in regard to heart health & AAS use is Left Ventricular Hypertrophy. Do some research on this, I would lay it all out for you but it's already past my bedtime so I'm out for the night. I'll talk to you more about it tomorrow if you haven't already retrieved all the info you desire.

Thanks bear, I will look into it. I have a low resting pulse(in the 50's) which I am told is athletes heart...I believe ventricular hyper
    trophy is involved there as well.

MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    What are your current stats?

Your profile says 9 months of training. You'd be best to get 2 good years of training in.

When was your last physical and what were the results?

Have you ever had an ECG, 2D ECHO or MUGA due to familial hx of cardiac issues?

33 years old
    6'1 217lbs
    Around ~20%bf

Cutting to 10-12% right now before I bulk. I am not thinking about cycling for at least another 2 years. I want to build up a solid base naturally first. Used to be 470lbs and have never been an athletic person so I have work to do.

I have had EKGs and stress tests performed and all came back normal...was overmedicated for a thyroid condition and developed palpitations so I had these tests run to rule out cardiac issues. This was around 2 years ago.
    Last edited by Crooktele79; 02-07-2013 at 11:23 PM.

Congrats on the wieght loss brother!!!!! I lost 110 myself --- feels great dont it?? Its a life changer...and its worth it! The guys that started small and took AAS to get big are different in the mind set as those who do it for the opposit. FOr me at least -- It wasnt about looks it was about living. I think my weight loss added 20+ years to my "life cycle" lol. Im sure you did too.

Thanks man! Congrats to you as well! I do feel like a new person, and I feel like I finally have something to live for. I'm intrigued about AAS and do as much reading as I can about it. My only regret is that I didn't start this lifestyle when i was a teenager.

Bro - the first time I did a pull up IN MY LIFE was like 3 years ago. I felt like I won a car. Lol I actually literally jumped up in the middle of the gym like a girl lol --- It definitly gives you something to live for and a new outlook. FOr me -- once I lost the weight I realized I had no muscle.. I never really had any ....and the good news is while you have to stay at it everyday - virgin muscle iin my opinion is the easiest to bulk. I started benching at like 70 lbs....lol two weeks later I was putting up 170, then a week after that 220 and etc.... ANd that was without AAS - just mostly protein diet and alot of gym. Cardio/weight training/cardio 4 days a week and then straight weights for 2 days. Now im a pretty solid 240 - altho a little of turned back to fat when we the Hurricane hit us cause I couldnt go to the gym for 3 months - but Im back at it now. So good luck man! Stay with it!

Euroholic is offline "ARs Pork Eating Crusader"
    Zyzz i read somewere that he had a bad heart

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Quote Originally Posted by Euroholic
    Zyzz i read somewere that he had a bad heart
    Can not a day go by where we don't mention this drug abusing rent boy??????????
    Last edited by Back In Black; 02-08-2013 at 05:24 AM.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Euroholic is offline "ARs Pork Eating Crusader"
    Quote Originally Posted by SteM View Post
    Can not a day go by where we don't mention this drug addict rent boy??????????

I was not prasing him i was just telling the op of a fellow amateur body builder who had a bad heart and used every drug known to man and lived to the ripe old age of 22. He may of died at 22 with out the aas who knows. But surely it did not help

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    I know you're not praising him but he still gets a mention.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Quote Originally Posted by SteM

Can not a day go by where we don't mention this drug abusing rent boy??????????
    He had a supposed congenital heart defect...I think his abuse of gear plus many other substances no doubt led to his demise. I know a lot of people claim to be inspired by him, but I just don't see it.

I'm not really talking about genetic defects. I'm speaking more about general heart disease...plaque build up, enlargement of the heart, hardening of the arteries, etc...

jsanman is offline Associate Member
    if i were you id go see a doctor , do some blood work possibly and i would recommend you get an mri of your heart to see where your heart is at
    id also recommend you to stay away from cycling because aas usually raises cholesterol levels

Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Well Crook, I think it'd be in your interest to get checked out by your physician and get a clean bill of health before you even consider running any steroids . Given your history, you should be doing this regardless of if you ever run gear. The thing about heart disease is it doesn't just happen over night, so be on top of it before it's a problem.

By the way, did you have to have skin removed when you lost all that weight?

Quote Originally Posted by jsanman
    if i were you id go see a doctor , do some blood work possibly and i would recommend you get an mri of your heart to see where your heart is at
    id also recommend you to stay away from cycling because aas usually raises cholesterol levels
    If I do decide to cycle down the road, I will definitely get all that checked out beforehand. I have never had high cholesterol(even when weighing 470), but at that weight I did have high blood pressure. Since losing weight it has returned to normal. My HDL cholesterol is also usually low every time I have blood work.

Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong
    Well Crook, I think it'd be in your interest to get checked out by your physician and get a clean bill of health before you even consider running any steroids . Given your history, you should be doing this regardless of if you ever run gear. The thing about heart disease is it doesn't just happen over night, so be on top of it before it's a problem.

By the way, did you have to have skin removed when you lost all that weight?
    I did have a tummy tuck in September. I had a lot of loose damaged skin. I have a lot of work to do before I will be considering cycling. Need to drop about 30-35lbs to get to a decent bf% then I want to do a couple of bulk/cuts naturally. I would say I'm at least 2 years out from even considering it.

Stuck a couple before and after pics up...I'm a member over on that other bodybuilding site so some of you may recognize me. The last one is the day after surgery...sorry about the lighting.

Pac Man is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black View Post
    I know you're not praising him but he still gets a mention.
    For good reason..
    Some people like to believe that AAS makes them healthier and in the long run might even extend their life but let's be honest with ourselves. As great as it is for our bodies outer image, it's can be equally as terrible to our hearts.

Zyzz (which I had only heard of one other time before this and he was seeminly alive then) used AAS, I'm sure he was a party boy and used a bunch of other drugs as well, I'd go with cocaine by the looks of him. But to ignore the fact that AAS played a role in his death would be pure ignorance.
    As far as hating on the kid, give him some slack. He may have been a self absorbed idiot but weren't we all at some point? It's part of the game. Regardless of how much of a tool he may have been, he was just a kid. He will never have a chance to look back and think "Wow, I really was a ****ing retard" which I know I for one have. So let's stop tossing his name in the dirt and instead use him as an example for what he was and what he became. Lessons can be learned from premature deaths. This one is drugs+aas+unknown heart condition = death

What can crook take out of this? When the time comes and you believe you are ready for AAS, talk to a Doctor and get a complete check up. I would let them know your plan for running AAS and ask his opinion. Most doctors are very biased but I've seen a few help plan out a cycle in order to insure their patients health and will run blood test routinely throughout cycle.

Thread Information