metalheadquack is offline New Member

Whats the big deal with orals only anyway?

Just curious. Every post i see on here with people asking about "orals" only cycle just gets bombarded with "slag". Im new to this but it dawned on me that people havent always been taking orals with test injections and have had good results. I understand that orals suppress your bodys natural production of test and that obviously this has concequences, but why cant someone just jump on and say something in regards to "imo test injections should be taken...but if you do an orals only cylce these are the results you can expect...".
    I know im prob gonna get a ton of hate responses but im prepared for the flood gates to open because i am generally interested. I have decided to do a winstrol and test cycle after inquiries on this forum but for my own peace of mind still need to know. I read somewhere that arnold said dbol was the breakfast of champions. I understand that some in the "golden era" were injecting with test but not all."So, in the course of a year, the pros of the ’70s were cycling twice, for a period of 8-12 weeks each cycle at peak dose. Pyramiding added a few weeks to the beginning and end of the cycle. The cycles were basic and moderate, consisting of 10-50mg of Dbol (or other oral equivalent, e.g. Win, Ana) daily, stacked with 200-800mg test ester weekly. Some used Deca or Primobolan in place of or along with test; others may have stayed with an all-oral cycle. [Many do not realize that most of these bodybuilders were getting their "gear" through a physician. Nearly all LA bodybuilders in those days were patients of Dr. Kerr.1] It is noteworthy that the cycles used in those days were very similar to the cycles used by most current, non-competitive, anabolic steroid users of today."(Muscular development) im not able to post the url because of my status but pm me and ill link the article.
    lets just say test is not an option. what are the results?

Thanks for your feedback.

Madisonburgh is offline New Member
    I believe the reason people are down on orals is the amount you have to take as well the damage it could do to you liver.

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quick answers....

Sexual diss-function
    Risks to your liver
    huge list of problems from low/no testosterone

Charger527 is offline Senior Member
    Orals damage your liver and arnt as strong as injectables so personally i never use them i dont see the point. If you dont like injecting then gear isnt for you.. Jmo

Tron3219 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Charger527
    Orals damage your liver and arnt as strong as injectables so personally i never use them i dont see the point. If you dont like injecting then gear isnt for you.. Jmo
    Not true, look at methyl tren ...anabolic androgenic ratio of over 10,000 compared to tests 100.

Op- orals are not used by themselves because you don't have a testosterone base (unless u want to take like andriol (test in a pill) or something, but it's hard to find and pretty damn toxic). Taking ANY steroid will shut down ur hpta, which regulates testosterone via negative feedback loop. Meaning you will stop producing natural testosterone. And we need testosterone for so many reasons besides just sex drive and erections. That's why we suggest a test base for ANY cycle.

-TroN-

^^True but does anyone actually use that stuff? I thought it was the most toxic stuff around?

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by metalheadquack
    Just curious. Every post i see on here with people asking about "orals" only cycle just gets bombarded with "slag". Im new to this but it dawned on me that people havent always been taking orals with test injections and have had good results. I understand that orals suppress your bodys natural production of test and that obviously this has concequences, but why cant someone just jump on and say something in regards to "imo test injections should be taken...but if you do an orals only cylce these are the results you can expect...".
    I know im prob gonna get a ton of hate responses but im prepared for the flood gates to open because i am generally interested. I have decided to do a winstrol and test cycle after inquiries on this forum but for my own peace of mind still need to know. I read somewhere that arnold said dbol was the breakfast of champions. I understand that some in the "golden era" were injecting with test but not all."So, in the course of a year, the pros of the ’70s were cycling twice, for a period of 8-12 weeks each cycle at peak dose. Pyramiding added a few weeks to the beginning and end of the cycle. The cycles were basic and moderate, consisting of 10-50mg of Dbol (or other oral equivalent, e.g. Win, Ana) daily, stacked with 200-800mg test ester weekly. Some used Deca or Primobolan in place of or along with test; others may have stayed with an all-oral cycle. [Many do not realize that most of these bodybuilders were getting their "gear" through a physician. Nearly all LA bodybuilders in those days were patients of Dr. Kerr.1] It is noteworthy that the cycles used in those days were very similar to the cycles used by most current, non-competitive, anabolic steroid users of today."(Muscular development) im not able to post the url because of my status but pm me and ill link the article.
    lets just say test is not an option. what are the results?

Thanks for your feedback.
    The quick answer is that adding any androgens to your system suppress test production which makes you feel like crap without adding test

Tron3219 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Charger527
    ^^True but does anyone actually use that stuff? I thought it was the most toxic stuff around?
    It's very fvckinh toxic from what I hear. I've never tried it, I asked about it on here, and I don't remember who, but they were in the hospital with liver failure in a week or two. It's bad juju, never said it wasn't. But saying injectables are stronger then orals is not true. There are a lot if weaker orals but there are also some very strong ones as well, so blanketing that statement on orals is false and not why oral only cycles r bad. I will agree with ur statement that if he doesn't want to inject then aas is not his cup of tea.

-TroN-

Atomini is offline Banned
    Oral anabolic steroids are extremely limited in their use, they are designed to be supplementary compounds to a solid base of injectable compounds (one essential one of which is Testosterone ). All other issues with running oral AAS have been listed and stated by all other members here already.

Not true, look at methyl tren ...anabolic androgenic ratio of over 10,000 compared to tests 100.
    I`m ashamed to say I have some sitting in front of me right here lol. Haven't tried it yet though.

Atomini is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Charger527 View Post
    This is totally false. Testosterone is an injectable. It possesses an anabolic strength rating of 100.

Anavar is an oral, it possesses an anabolic strength rating of 322 - 630 (3.2 - 6.3 times the strength of Testosterone).

Anadrol is an oral, it possesses an anabolic strength rating of 320 (3.2 times the strength of Testosterone).

Winstrol is an oral, it possesses an anabolic strength rating of 320 (3.2 times the strength of Testosterone).

These are all far better and more practical examples of viable oral compounds rather than Methyltrienolone (I know, it was an extreme example, true) that are stronger than Testosterone itself, which is an injectable. The fact of the matter is that the vast majority of oral anabolic steroids are stronger than ALL injectable Testosterone preparations. This is the nature of the Methylation of the 17-beta hydroxyl group on the sterane skeleton structure of Testosterone, Dihydrotestosterone, and Nandrolone (the three base anabolic steroids by which ALL other anabolic steroid analogues and derivatives are derived from). However, not all orals are stronger than all injectables.
    Last edited by Atomini; 02-08-2013 at 06:16 PM.

Granovich is offline Senior Member
    Look at it this way. Why do what prople used to do in 70's rsther than what people in 2010's use ?
    Just becsuse they got bigger doesnt mean its better!!!!
    They didnt know what hcg is or PCT
    DOES THAT MEAN WE DONT DO THEM ?
    Wrong.... You will shut your body with orals like like with test
    Except with testosterone u will gain better and you will be able to function
    With orals only you get low test which sux... Lethargy and being tired and feel like shit annnnd sexual problems
    Plus orals are worst cuz they are hard on liver
    So you are doing more damage than only testosterone
    Just cuz u pop a pill is easier than injection doesnt mean its better

slimshady01 is offline Senior Member
    I honestly feel more on orals then I do test and other compounds.. Pumps are brutal and strength increase is very noticeable.

Im going to be following Atomini advice and only going to run 100-125 test a week with my Var this spring. I bet I get stronger on that then I do with 500 test and deca ...

Could just be me cus I know others that don't get the same feeling I do and would rather run higher doses of oil then orals.

Quote Originally Posted by Tron3219 View Post

It's very fvckinh toxic from what I hear. I've never tried it, I asked about it on here, and I don't remember who, but they were in the hospital with liver failure in a week or two. It's bad juju, never said it wasn't. But saying injectables are stronger then orals is not true. There are a lot if weaker orals but there are also some very strong ones as well, so blanketing that statement on orals is false and not why oral only cycles r bad. I will agree with ur statement that if he doesn't want to inject then aas is not his cup of tea.

-TroN-
    Yup your right, i gues im just against orals and that influences my opnion lol each to there on, but as said orals alone are a no go, test is best!

AnabolicBoy1981 is offline Anabolic Member
    Liver stress, but i have ran winstrol for 7 weeks at 50mgs for 4 wks and 100mgs for 3, oral.
    Liver values werent terrribly elevated compared to another oral that raised my brothers 10fold liver enzymes(max lmg by alri, OTC, WHICH WASNT A C-17 MIND U)
    wINNY HOWEVER killed the cholesterol my hdl went down to 20, and c reactive protein was 3 times the high normal. Overal cholesterol a think was around 210. But my hdl is usually around 65-80. diet wasnt just clean...pristine and cardio 30-60 mins 6 days a week. i wont do it again winstrol, nope. i can be on test at 600mgs and have better cholesterol and make better gains. Winny is heart disease in a bottle IMO

harley121 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by slimshady01 View Post
    I honestly feel more on orals then I do test and other compounds.. Pumps are brutal and strength increase is very noticeable.

Im going to be following Atomini advice and only going to run 100-125 test a week with my Var this spring. I bet I get stronger on that then I do with 500 test and deca ...

Could just be me cus I know others that don't get the same feeling I do and would rather run higher doses of oil then orals.
    So, this is interesting, what dosage of Var. do you do w/ 100mg. of test?

ppwc1985 is offline Productive Member
    That's my next cycle, which I talk to atomini about. I've always loved var, and did alot cycles by themselves back in my late 20's. but next cycle is going to be 125mg test, 75 twice week and running var at 100 mg Ed dosed at 50 every 12 hrs. I always add about 7 lbs on var alot strength, but biggest reason now is to burn body fat which sits at 22% right now. Hope to get to about 17% and that will be good for me. I feel alot healthier at 22 than at a low bf%. Ended up in hospital back in 93 when I got bf down to 4%, my organs started shutting down and don't ever want to go through that again. Plus higher bf = more strength, at least IMO. And I always keep the lbm I get on var.

Java Man is offline Known Troll
    There's a lot of info on orals here and on the web (trials, clinical studies etc.). I personally think the liver stress danger is over exaggerated but every drug has a different liver stress profile and each person is going to react differently. I can put a huge amount of stress on my liver and have normal test results a few months later. Others might have liver failure occur with what I would consider negligible stress. It is a fact that orals are harder on human livers than ictables.. See c17 info above and in other areas. Basically the molecule is altered so that it can pass through the liver without being destroyed. This is sometimes referred to as 'first pass'.

I definitely get better results from orals plus injected test than either one alone. There's plenty of referenced material on the reasons for all of the above here and elsewhere. Do your research. Know your personal limitations. Don't believe everything you read. Let your own diligent research from verifiable sources be your guide. You should have a good idea of how sensitive your body is to liver toxins if youre old enough to be using steroids . Be careful and get regular hepatic/ renal functionscreens a well as bp and cholesterol monitoring. Orals screw up my cholesterol and bp more than injectables personally .
    Last edited by Java Man; 02-09-2013 at 02:44 AM. Reason: correction-damned phone keyboard!

swm1972 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    For our purposes I don't think oral only cycles are effective nor make sense. But a friend of mine took anavar post knee surgery alone (prescribed) because it is often taken to stimulate growth in these situations. So does it work solo? Probably. Will you get huge running 20mgs/day like he was prescribed? Hell no. You wanna get big get over your fear of needles. Otherwise stay natural. ****ing up your natural test production for the results you'll see using dbol , anavar, etc solo aren't worth it.

XxAndreaxX is offline Senior Member
    If you are afraid of screwing a needle in your muscles, forghet about roids my friend. roids are enough dangerous itself, we don't want to mess it up with orals, and get our liver fried

look, if you want to try it, get yourself a prohormone cycle.
    you do that, and then come back and show us the before and after.
    I'm shure after that, you'll loose scare of needles (that whats happened to me)
    Oral cycle, never again
    Last edited by XxAndreaxX; 02-09-2013 at 07:45 AM.

look, if you want to try it, get yourself a prohormone cycle.
    Terrible advice pro-hormones are bad for the liver too and often have more side effects than real steroids .

warmouth is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomini View Post
    Oral anabolic steroids are extremely limited in their use, they are designed to be supplementary compounds to a solid base of injectable compounds (one essential one of which is Testosterone). All other issues with running oral AAS have been listed and stated by all other members here already.
    What I was going to say. More of a means to supplement during a real cycle. Like a kickstart or finisher. Gains are normally lost with the powerful orals like anadrol , dbol and winstrol . They have their purpose. Another option is test gel. The results will be minimal and will probably be lost rather quickly.

warmouth is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by harley121 View Post
    So, this is interesting, what dosage of Var. do you do w/ 100mg. of test?
    Its good! I like the test about double (250) because I feel better and the var didn't allow any water retention AT ALL. I was actually running test p at 350 weekly.

Thread Information