tae
    tae is offline New Member

About steroids in high school, what kinds etc

A friend of mine sent his son from Europe to play high school football in the US. A few months later my friend found out that his kid had started on steroids .
    What kind of steroids are typical in this scenario? Do they just give the kids a bunch of dbol or do they do proper cycles with testo and pct etc? If anyone has any experience with this kind of thing I'd love some information about it. I'll try to find out more about how it turned out for the kid aswell.

Shsm is offline Senior Member
    Guys on my HS's football team ate Dianabol like candy only to lose all of the mass they gained a couple of weeks after they stopped. They used Prohormones as well such as Superdrol seeing how easy they are to obtain. Truly disheartening seeing 17 years olds who don't know sh*t giving out harmful misinformation to other naive kids, some as young as 14 years old, desperate to gain weight who think steroids are the only solution. I doubt any of them did proper cycles with PCT and an AI or even injected for that matter.
    Last edited by Shsm; 02-17-2013 at 08:03 AM.

OnTheSauce is offline Banned
    And they all claim natty after too

Soar is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by patrick4588 View Post
    Lol as they have erectile difficulty like a 70 year old man...

Quote Originally Posted by patrick4588
    Ya bruh just been drinking Muscle Milk 4 times a day...all natural...I been doing work in da gym

m_donnelly is offline Associate Member
    This is an extremely irresponsible thread.

Get the kids off of the gear safely; there is no "proper use" for teens.

Iron-56 is offline Associate Member
    Are you talking about American football? I was on my high school's team and can tell you that almost every single kid was shooting up. They where injecting test and deca . Those that did not take oils took dbol . Coaches knew. Never heard anything about SERMS or AIs though.
    Last edited by Iron-56; 02-17-2013 at 10:16 AM.

Iron-56 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by m_donnelly

Nobody asked for "proper use". OP simply wanted to know what these kids might be taking.

Quote Originally Posted by m_donnelly

Nobody here is advocating the use of gear for teenagers.

m_donnelly is offline Associate Member
    The term "proper cycles" was used in reference to teenagers using AAS. There's no such thing as "proper use" when it comes up kids, period.

The question should be "what is a proper PCT protocol for making sure they get off safely ASAFP".

Armykid93 is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron-56 View Post
    Are you talking about American football? I was on my high school's team and can tell you that almost every single kid was shooting up. They where injecting test and deca. Those that did not take oils took dbol. Coaches knew. Never heard anything about SERMS or AIs though.
    Lol your high school was hardcore. Nobody on the team at my school was using

blacktoppete is offline Junior Member
    Sad but true. High school kids have been using and abusing steroids many years. I myself started using when i was 16 along with alot of my classmates almost 30 yrs ago.

MuttonChop is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron-56 View Post
    Are you talking about American football? I was on my high school's team and can tell you that almost every single kid was shooting up. They where injecting test and deca. Those that did not take oils took dbol. Coaches knew. Never heard anything about SERMS or AIs though.
    This ^

Sometimes, the coaches are in on it, especially if you play highschool football in texas. Football means life and death to these players and coaches. Watch something like "Friday Night Lights" or "Meet the Titans" to get an idea of what is going through the minds of these kids. They see their sport as what defines them. Everyone knows them as the Quarterback for the Bulls and that is their identity. They see no life beyond their sport.

It is very easy to pop them dbols when the above is the case. Getting them to stop doing it involves two things:

1) You have to get them to identify some other major aspirations in life. Sit down and talk to them about "So...what do you plan to do with your life if football <replace with any other pro sport> doesn't work out?"

2) Praise them and give attention to their achievements outside of sports.

It is all about getting them to stop putting their sport on a pedestal and defining themselves through it. This will get to the root cause. Convos about shutdown or hair loss will fly over their heads.

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Quote Originally Posted by MuttonChop View Post
    This ^

Sometimes, the coaches are in on it, especially if you play highschool football in texas. Football means life and death to these players and coaches. Watch something like "Friday Night Lights" or "Meet the Titans" to get an idea of what is going through the minds of these kids. They see their sport as what defines them. Everyone knows them as the Quarterback for the Bulls and that is their identity. They see no life beyond their sport.

It is very easy to pop them dbols when the above is the case. Getting them to stop doing it involves two things:

1) You have to get them to identify some other major aspirations in life. Sit down and talk to them about "So...what do you plan to do with your life if football <replace with any other pro sport> doesn't work out?"

2) Praise them and give attention to their achievements outside of sports.

It is all about getting them to stop putting their sport on a pedestal and defining themselves through it. This will get to the root cause. Convos about shutdown or hair loss will fly over their heads.
    Praise about non-sports achievements will go above their heads. And as far as aspirations go, when you grow up in a small working-class town where your whole life is building to the 4 years you play high school football what other aspirations in life can you have? Often, a kid who doesn't really have enough sense to know better is in a situation where they have too much riding on their game. And they know the other team IS using something.

Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    Praise about non-sports achievements will go above their heads. And as far as aspirations go, when you grow up in a small working-class town where your whole life is building to the 4 years you play high school football what other aspirations in life can you have? Often, a kid who doesn't really have enough sense to know better is in a situation where they have too much riding on their game. And they know the other team IS using something.
    You make some compelling points. I have seen these types of kids; the parents are to blame most of the time.

Papa-pwn is offline Junior Member
    Damn what the hell high schools did you guys go to lol.

I was called a cheater because I used creatine, nobody would touch that, much less PHs or AAS.

Armykid93 is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    Damn what the hell high schools did you guys go to lol.

I was called a cheater because I used creatine, nobody would touch that, much less PHs or AAS.
    X2 haha

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Soar View Post
    Lol as they have erectile difficulty like a 70 year old man...
    Works for me, meaning since the poor boys cant perform the high school girls (18yr old seniors of course) are fair game and easy pickings.

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    Works for me, meaning since the poor boys cant perform the high school girls (18yr old seniors of course) are fair game and easy pickings.
    ^^^^ You got any ideas from this thread?

Metalject is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    Good points. IMO the way a lot of coaches and parents approach high school sports, especially football is beyond ridiculous. I remember when I played high school ball the coaches telling us how serious this was and how this would be what defined and developed us as we moved into adulthood. I actually remember a coach telling us there would never be anything in our life as important as this and how the entire town was counting on us. Are you kidding me? This is insane talk but it's exactly what is said and it seems to be similar in a lot of schools. When this is the kind of thing that's said it's not surprising that young kids will do anything and everything they can to make sure they succeed...after all, it's the most important stage of their life...so they're told.

All that said I do not believe steroids are a massive problem in U.S. high schools. A 2010 NIDA study found that high school seniors were the largest group of steroid users among high school students. The study found that approximately 2% of all high school seniors had used or at least tried anabolic steroids at some point in their life. While that's a large number when you take into account all high school seniors across the country it's not an alarming number on the whole. The vast majority of high school students including ball players have not used steroids based on this studies findings. When compared to other drugs, hard drugs as well as tobacco and alcohol, this is where the numbers becoming staggering and alarming. The idea of an adolescent steroid epidemic in the U.S. is probably one of the biggest pieces of propaganda in history.

Quote Originally Posted by Metalject View Post
    Good points. IMO the way a lot of coaches and parents approach high school sports, especially football is beyond ridiculous. I remember when I played high school ball the coaches telling us how serious this was and how this would be what defined and developed us as we moved into adulthood. I actually remember a coach telling us there would never be anything in our life as important as this and how the entire town was counting on us. Are you kidding me? This is insane talk but it's exactly what is said and it seems to be similar in a lot of schools. When this is the kind of thing that's said it's not surprising that young kids will do anything and everything they can to make sure they succeed...after all, it's the most important stage of their life...so they're told.

All that said I do not believe steroids are a massive problem in U.S. high schools. A 2010 NIDA study found that high school seniors were the largest group of steroid users among high school students. The study found that approximately 2% of all high school seniors had used or at least tried anabolic steroids at some point in their life. While that's a large number when you take into account all high school seniors across the country it's not an alarming number on the whole. The vast majority of high school students including ball players have not used steroids based on this studies findings. When compared to other drugs, hard drugs as well as tobacco and alcohol, this is where the numbers becoming staggering and alarming. The idea of an adolescent steroid epidemic in the U.S. is probably one of the biggest pieces of propaganda in history.
    Of course it's propaganda. Still though 2% is still too many kids using gear IMO. Most of the drug problem wouldn't even exist if parents actually were more involved and supportive in their teen's lives and that includes AAS.

Quote Originally Posted by Metalject View Post

I would be wary of these findings. 2% of the highschoolers decided to be open about it. What about the people that lied, as most are going to do? And, what kind of sampling did they use? They definitely didn't go to every highschool there is, did they?

I digress; my point is that I believe that much much more than 2% probably used it if my highschool was any indication of this phenomena.

Metalject is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MuttonChop View Post
    I would be wary of these findings. 2% of the highschoolers decided to be open about it. What about the people that lied, as most are going to do? And, what kind of sampling did they use? They definitely didn't go to every highschool there is, did they?

I digress; my point is that I believe that much much more than 2% probably used it if my highschool was any indication of this phenomena.
    I'm not sure what the parameters were for the study...it was a year or two ago when I read it. However, if they were worried about getting in trouble for their answers, which would cause them to lie, they would have lied about the other answers. The same study asked about other drugs and they had no problem admitting the use of those drugs. I'm not saying it's a perfect study, it would be nearly impossible to come up with a perfect one.

Perseverance1 is offline Banned
    A few guys used test and superdrol when I was in HS....wish I used test back then

bigZthedestroyer is offline Anabolic Member~Recognized Member Winner - $100
    When I was in high school winstrol was the hot item..Several of my buddies used it. None of them had any clue what they were doing and none of them looked like they used it..

stpete is offline Banned
    I had a few friends use deca and test. Worked good. Till they got to about 25. Now they are trt patients and can't keep a girlfriend or wife. And not one has told me it was worth it.

diabolicsoul is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tae View Post
    A friend of mine sent his son from Europe to play high school football in the US. A few months later my friend found out that his kid had started on steroids .
    What kind of steroids are typical in this scenario? Do they just give the kids a bunch of dbol or do they do proper cycles with testo and pct etc? If anyone has any experience with this kind of thing I'd love some information about it. I'll try to find out more about how it turned out for the kid aswell.
    Too many variables to answer your questions with any validity. As others have chimed in. He could be taking various orals, or various injections. Both. He could be taking a pro hormone and think it's a steroid . I've heard people who are uneducated call creatine a steroid.

Juced_porkchop is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by m_donnelly View Post
    this is an extremely irresponsible thread.

get the kids off of the gear safely; there is no "proper use" for teens
    this!!!

tae
    tae is offline New Member
    Grateful for all the replies, very interesting read! My friend had his son come home and I hope he was on it short enough to avoid any side effects, but I guess only time will tell.

I'm obviously not trying to advocate steroid use for teenagers, I'm trying to help my friend deal with this situation by getting educated.

Papa-pwn is offline Junior Member

Do you even reading comprehension? Nobody asked for proper use.

Thread Information