Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    MickeyKnox is offline Banned

*Esters and Half Life Of Steroids - Oral and Depot*

Giving this its own thread so as not to continually bump the other members thread where i originally posted it. I think its pretty accurate. But again, if there is anything that you feel is incorrect, please let me know. Thanks.

Steroid Half life's

Anyone new to steroids may be wondering what this means, even some experienced steroid users may also be wondering what this means. So here in simple terms you can read and hopefully understand all about steroid half life's and what this term means.

Basically every drug has a half life, steroids included. If for example, you were to inject 1000mg of testosterone cypionate once weekly, for 10 weeks, how would you know when you were "off"? Would you be "off" when you had finished your last dose? You would be able to calculate this from the half life of testosterone cypionate . The half life of testosterone cypionate is around 7-9 days. This means that 7-9 days from your last shot of 1000mg of testosterone cypionate (Time to start PCT ? You decide.), your blood levels of testosterone cypionate will contain 500mg of the steroid. Another 7-9 days from then, i.e. 14-18 days from last dose, your blood levels will contain 250mg of the steroid. This amount then keeps halving every 7-9 days. At 28-36 days from your last dose, your blood levels will still contain 67.5mg of testosterone cypionate.

Therefore you can clearly see that when you finish your cycle, even though you are not putting any steroids into your body, you may think that you are now "off", however you still have, and will still have for some time after your last dose, "active" blood levels of the steroid. Therefore you can plan what to use, how long for, and how long off your cycle, based on these half life's.

Below a list of half-life's of the most commonly used steroids, esters and ancillary compounds.

*Please bare in mind that individual metabolism and other contributing factors will determine the exact length of time. These are approximate time frames.*

Oral Drug Active half-life

Anadrol /Anapolan50 (Oxymetholone) 8 to 9 hours
    Anavar (Oxandrolone ) 9 hours
    Dianabol (Methandrostenolone , Methandienone) 4.5 to 6 hours
    Winstrol (stanozolol ) (tablets or depot taken orally) 9 hours
    *Turinabol (T-Bol) 7 hours ORAL

*16 Hours IV http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1...?dopt=Abstract

Depot Drug Active half-life

Deca -durabolin (Nandrolone decanate) 10.5 days
    Equipoise 8 days
    Finaject (Trenbolone acetate) 1.5 days
    Primobolan (Methenolone enanthate ) 5-7 days
    Sustanon or Omnadren 9 days
    Testosterone Cypionate 7-9 days
    Testosterone Enanthate 5-7 days
    Testosterone Propionate 2 days
    Testosterone Suspension Less than 1 day
    Masteron (Drostanolone Propionate ) 2 days
    Masteron Enanthate 8 days
    Winstrol (Stanozolol ) 1 day

*Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (hCG ) 23hr terminal half life but peak concentrations can remain for 36hrs.

Active Ester

Formate 1.5 days
    Acetate 3 days
    Propionate 3 days
    Phenylpropionate 4.5 days
    Butyrate 6 days
    Valerate 7.5 days
    Hexanoate 9 days
    Caproate 9 days
    Isocaproate 9 days
    Heptanoate 10.5 days
    Enanthate 14 days
    Octanoate 12 days
    Cypionate 18 days
    Nonanoate 13.5 days
    Decanoate 21 days
    Undecanoate 16.5 days

Esters Weights - Actual mg/100mg dose

Test Base 100
    Tren Acetate 87
    Test Prop 83
    Test Enanth 72
    Test Cyp 70
    Test Undecan 63
    Nand Phenyl 67
    Nand Deca 64

Ancillaries Drug Active half-life

Aromasin (Exemestane) 10 hours
    Arimidex 3 days
    Clenbuterol 1.5 days
    Clomid 5 days
    Cytadren 6 hours
    T3 2.5 days

Active Life versus Half Life

The confusion comes from the 2 terms being used synonymously when they should not be. Half-life is not a reference for the total time a drug will be found active in the body. It may take several half-lives before the drug is completely inactive.

Half-life: The period of time required for the concentration or amount of drug in the body to be reduced to exactly one-half of a given concentration or amount.

Example: The half-life of Anavar is 9 hours+/- (9 hours after oral administration of 50 mg of Anavar, 25mg is still present in the body).

Active life: Refers to the period in which the amount of a drug in the body is enough that it will still produce the desired effects for which it was administered. Or conversely, inhibit natural recovery of normal bodily function. It is dose dependent.

Example: The active life of 1,000mg of testosterone decanoate would be more than one month. At day 30 after injection, 250mg or more of this drug would still be present in the body.

Additional Reading - Atomini's thread on esters. http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...e#.UTdrnDcUX0E
    Last edited by MickeyKnox; 05-07-2013 at 08:28 PM. Reason: Added Turinabol

panntastic is offline "cool as shit and knows his stuff"
    If you don't mind I would like to add the following about weights of different esters as well.
    There was a very interesting thread recently about test e vs sust

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...t-Enan-Vs-Sust

This thread threw up some very informative arguments and I feel it should be documented in here as well If that is ok with yourself?

Not many users know about The cleaving of different esters and that when you inject 250mg of say test enanthate you are not getting a full 250mg

Below is a list of active amounts of hormone after cleaving of different esters so users can view and see which gets most bang for buck shall we say.

Active Steroid per 100mg:-

testosterone Base: 100mg
    testosterone Acetate: 83mg
    testosterone Propionate : 80mg
    testosterone Isocaproate: 72mg
    testosterone Enanthate : 70mg
    testosterone Cypionate : 69mg
    testosterone Phenylpropionate: 66mg
    testosterone Decanoate: 62mg
    testosterone Undecanoate: 61mg

Enjoy
    Panntastic
    Last edited by panntastic; 03-04-2013 at 04:21 PM.

warmouth is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by panntastic View Post
    If you don't mind I would like to add the following about weights of different esters as well.
    There was a very interesting thread recently about test e vs sust

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...t-Enan-Vs-Sust

This thread threw up some very informative arguments and I feel it should be documented in here as well If that is ok with yourself?

Not many users know about The cleaving of different esters and that when you inject 250mg of say test enanthate you are not getting a full 250mg

Below is a list of active amounts of hormone after cleaving of different esters so users can view and see which gets most bang for buck shall we say.

Active Steroid per 100mg:-

testosterone Base: 100mg
    testosterone Acetate: 83mg
    testosterone Propionate : 80mg
    testosterone Isocaproate: 72mg
    testosterone Enanthate : 70mg
    testosterone Cypionate : 69mg
    testosterone Phenylpropionate: 66mg
    testosterone Decanoate: 62mg
    testosterone Undecanoate: 61mg

Enjoy
    Panntastic
    Eeeesh! TPP sucks compared to what I thought. Very interesting. No blends for me thank you very much.

lol..
    Last edited by MickeyKnox; 03-04-2013 at 04:48 PM.

Cool glad I can help
    That test enth vs sust was a good read and glad I could be part of it to help
    Last edited by panntastic; 03-04-2013 at 05:07 PM.

Atomini is offline Banned
    YES! Finally! I could have really needed this MONTHS ago, but can still put all of this information to great use right now. Thanks for everything Mickey.

This thread goes hand in hand with my thread on explanation of esters. They need to be compiled/combined!

Quote Originally Posted by Atomini View Post
    YES! Finally! I could have really needed this MONTHS ago, but can still put all of this information to great use right now. Thanks for everything Mickey.

This thread goes hand in hand with my thread on explanation of esters. They need to be compiled/combined!
    Link me to your thread Atomini and ill incorporate it neatly into the original post.

Sweet 1 nice tidy little compendium for all members to reference
    Especially on something so important as this.
    I feel the user should know what it is they are administering and why the injection schedule is why it is.
    Good work guys
    Last edited by panntastic; 03-04-2013 at 05:07 PM.

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    The ester is insignificant. The fact is that while you may get more "test" with say prop ...after a little bit of time test c would result in slightly higher blood levels of test. It is so minimal that it is insignificant - however it is important to realize this little tidbit make the "ester weight" insignificant as well for real world practical purposes and even if you go "by the numbers".

Proper injection frequency based on ester is of course significant in this regard.
    Last edited by jimmyinkedup; 03-04-2013 at 04:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyinkedup View Post
    The ester is insignificant. The fact is that while you may get more "test" with say prop ...after a little bit of time test c would result in slightly higher blood levels of test. It is so minimal that it is insignificant - however it is important to realize this little tidbit make the "ester weight" insignificant as well for real world practical purposes and even if you go "by the numbers".

Proper injection frequency based on ester is of course significant in this regard.
    Youre right, because of the time it takes to cleave off the ester. Cyp, having a longer esters yet lighter, will eventually spool up serum le3vels that will surpass Prop eventually.

Good point Jimmy.

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyKnox View Post
    Link me to your thread Atomini and ill incorporate it neatly into the original post.
    Here we go,

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...-their-purpose!

Im not including that in here! You have to be a damn scientist just to read it, nevermind understand it! lol

Im not including that in here! You have to be a damn scientist just to read it, nevermind understand it! lol
    Oh I never meant include the whole thing in it. You can reference it at the bottom and link to it, just like how at the end I referenced a few other posts on half-lives and such.

Oh I never meant include the whole thing in it. You can reference it at the bottom and link to it, just like how at the end I referenced a few other posts on half-lives and such.
    Im just teasing ya..im going through it right now

Bump for the DBol ester questions..

Bump..

Bump for the DBol ester questions..
    Dbol esters? Lol did someone invent some esterified Dianabol I wasn't informed about?

Actually, here's a fun fact: did you know that Equipioise (Boldenone ) is actually non-methylated Dianabol with the Undecylenate ester attached to it? Yup, Dianabol is basically methylated Boldenone. You can technically refer to Dianabol as oral Boldenone. However, the methylation changes the properties so much that it was deemed to receive its own name and classified as a completely new anabolic steroid . There's a small history lesson for you.

I meant half life. Doh!

There were a couple of guys asking about how to properly dose their DBol .

Interesting fun fact....from Bill Nye the Science Guy.

I meant half life. Doh!

There were a couple of guys asking about how to properly dose their DBol .

Interesting fun fact....from Bill Nye the Science Guy.
    Know what's funny, you're the 4th person to call me that this week lol. But Bill Nye isn't jacked. Imagine if he was...

Know what's funny, you're the 4th person to call me that this week lol. But Bill Nye isn't jacked. Imagine if he was...
    Too funny.

Hey man that new avi is looking good bro. Thats the best photo of you so far, and it appears that whatever youre doing is working.

Too funny.

Hey man that new avi is looking good bro. Thats the best photo of you so far, and it appears that whatever youre doing is working.
    Thanks! You know what the funny thing is??? I'm not even on cycle right now. In fact, it's the 2nd week of PCT and i'm still getting stronger in the gym AND getting leaner lol. This is despite calorie increases in order to maintain gains during PCT, and we all know that PCT is a prime period for fat storage and/or muscle loss. But hey i'm not complaining, I hope this keeps up lol.

Sweeeeet! Enjoy those gains!

Bump..

Knockout_Power is offline "Even sexier than Siggy"
    Great read sir... This will help a lot of people understand what's actually happening

Bum,p..

Bump..

Ole kristian is offline Junior Member
    If 1g of Test C has a halftime of 12 days, why should a PCT be done 12 days after last injection? after 12 days you still got 500mg of test in your body!
    should't dossage also deside when to do the pct?
    Have i missed somthing ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ole kristian View Post
    If 1g of Test C has a halftime of 12 days, why should a PCT be done 12 days after last injection? after 12 days you still got 500mg of test in your body!
    should't dossage also deside when to do the pct?
    Have i missed somthing ?
    Obviously you misread the list and confused Cypionate with Octanoate that has an ester of 12 days. Go back and re-read it bro.

Bump..

The half life of testosterone cypionate is around 12 days. This means that 12 days from your last shot of 1000mg of testosterone cypionate (Time to start PCT ? You decide.), your blood levels of testosterone cypionate will contain 500mg of the steroid. Another 12 days from then, i.e. 24 days from last dose, your blood levels will contain 250mg of the steroid.
    looks like you did write wrong halftime in your text. I guess you ment 8 days not 12 =)

So let me get this straight. You dug up a comment of mine from outside this thread to support original question about your confusion with "halftime"?? What a loser you are. The correct answers are clearly outlined in this thread.

Link me to that comment so I can see what the flow of the thread is. Obviously that was an error on my part at the time. Sorry, im not perfect.

ktmrdr909 is offline New Member
    Quick question, if npp is supposed to be for short cycles with prop or something, y is the phenylprop half life longer than cyp and enth

Quote Originally Posted by ktmrdr909 View Post
    Quick question, if npp is supposed to be for short cycles with prop or something, y is the phenylprop half life longer than cyp and enth
    Where do you see that?

Quote Originally Posted by ktmrdr909
    Phenyl prop 4.5 days
    Enanthate 14 days

Quote Originally Posted by panntastic View Post
    Phenyl prop 4.5 days
    Enanthate 14 days
    Im assuming he read 14.5 instead of 4.5?

Giving this its own thread so as not to continually bump the other members thread where i originally posted it. I think its pretty accurate. But again, if there is anything that you feel is incorrect, please let me know. Thanks.

Steroid Half life's

Anyone new to steroids may be wondering what this means, even some experienced steroid users may also be wondering what this means. So here in simple terms you can read and hopefully understand all about steroid half life's and what this term means.

Basically every drug has a half life, steroids included. If for example, you were to inject 1000mg of testosterone cypionate once weekly, for 10 weeks, how would you know when you were "off"? Would you be "off" when you had finished your last dose? You would be able to calculate this from the half life of testosterone cypionate . The half life of testosterone cypionate is around 12 days. This means that 12 days from your last shot of 1000mg of testosterone cypionate (Time to start PCT ? You decide.), your blood levels of testosterone cypionate will contain 500mg of the steroid. Another 12 days from then, i.e. 24 days from last dose, your blood levels will contain 250mg of the steroid. This amount then keeps halving every 12 days. At 48 days (almost 2 months) from your last dose, your blood levels will still contain 67.5mg of testosterone cypionate.

Therefore you can clearly see that when you finish your cycle, even though you are not putting any steroids into your body, you may think that you are now "off", however you still have, and will still have for some time after your last dose, "active" blood levels of the steroid. Therefore you can plan what to use, how long for, and how long off your cycle, based on these half life's.

Below a list of half-life's of the most commonly used steroids, esters and ancillary compounds.

**Please bare in mind that individual metabolism and other contributing factors will determine the exact length of time. These are approximate time frames.**

Oral Drug Active half-life

Anadrol / Anapolan50 (oxymetholone) 8 to 9 hours
    Anavar (oxandrolone ) 9 hours
    Dianabol (methandrostenolone , methandienone) 4.5 to 6 hours
    Winstrol (stanozolol ) (tablets or depot taken orally) 9 hours

Depot Drug Active half-life

Deca -durabolin (Nandrolone decanate) 10.5 days
    Equipoise 8 days
    Finaject (trenbolone acetate) 1.5 days
    Primobolan (methenolone enanthate ) 5-7 days
    Sustanon or Omnadren 9 days
    Testosterone Cypionate 7-9 days
    Testosterone Enanthate 5-7 days
    Testosterone Propionate 2 days
    Testosterone Suspension Less than 1 day
    Masteron (Drostanolone Propionate ) 2 days
    Masteron Enanthate 8 days
    Winstrol (stanozolol ) 1 day

Active Ester

Formate 1.5 days
    Acetate 3 days
    Propionate 3 days
    Phenylpropionate 4.5 days
    Butyrate 6 days
    Valerate 7.5 days
    Hexanoate 9 days
    Caproate 9 days
    Isocaproate 9 days
    Heptanoate 10.5 days
    Enanthate 14 days
    Octanoate 12 days
    Cypionate 18 days
    Nonanoate 13.5 days
    Decanoate 21 days
    Undecanoate 16.5 days

Esters Weights - Actual mg/100mg dose

Test Base 100
    Tren Acetate 87
    Test Prop 83
    Test Enanth 72
    Test Cyp 70
    Test Undecan 63
    Nand Phenyl 67
    Nand Deca 64

Ancillaries Drug Active half-life

Aromasin (Exemestane) 10 hours
    Arimidex 3 days
    Clenbuterol 1.5 days
    Clomid 5 days
    Cytadren 6 hours
    T3 2.5 days

Active Life versus Half Life

The confusion comes from the 2 terms being used synonymously when they should not be. Half-life is not a reference for the total time a drug will be found active in the body. It may take several half-lives before the drug is completely inactive.

Half-life: The period of time required for the concentration or amount of drug in the body to be reduced to exactly one-half of a given concentration or amount.

Example: The half-life of Anavar is 9 hours+/- (9 hours after oral administration of 50 mg of Anavar, 25mg is still present in the body).

Active life: Refers to the period in which the amount of a drug in the body is enough that it will still produce the desired effects for which it was administered. Or conversely, inhibit natural recovery of normal bodily function. It is dose dependent.

Example: The active life of 1,000mg of testosterone decanoate would be more than one month. At day 30 after injection, 250mg or more of this drug would still be present in the body.

Additional Reading - Atomini's thread on esters. http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...e#.UTdrnDcUX0E
    or did i misunderstand something?

It states

Pp 4.5
    Enanthate 14
    Cyp 18

You may need to read it again buddy

My bad.
    then http://www.steroid.com 's information about test C must be wrong?

Testosterone Cypionate Profile

17b-hydroxy-4-androsten-3-one
    Testosterone base + cypionate ester
    Formula: C27 H40 O3
    Molecular Weight: 412.6112
    Molecular Weight (base): 288.429
    Molecular Weight (ester): 132.1184
    Formula (base): C19 H28 O2
    Formula (ester): C8 H14 O2
    Melting Point (base): 155
    Melting Point (ester): 98 - 104 C
    Manufacturer: Various
    Effective Dose (Men): 300-2000mg+ week
    Effective Dose (Women): Not recommended
    Active life: 8 days
    Detection Time: 3 months
    Anabolic /Androgenic ratio: 100/100.

Quote Originally Posted by Ole kristian View Post
    My bad.
    then http://www.steroid.com 's information about test C must be wrong?

Testosterone Cypionate Profile

17b-hydroxy-4-androsten-3-one
    Testosterone base + cypionate ester
    Formula: C27 H40 O3
    Molecular Weight: 412.6112
    Molecular Weight (base): 288.429
    Molecular Weight (ester): 132.1184
    Formula (base): C19 H28 O2
    Formula (ester): C8 H14 O2
    Melting Point (base): 155
    Melting Point (ester): 98 - 104 C
    Manufacturer: Various
    Effective Dose (Men): 300-2000mg+ week
    Effective Dose (Women): Not recommended
    Active life: 8 days
    Detection Time: 3 months
    Anabolic/Androgenic ratio: 100/100.
    No sir, you are correct and i appreciate you pointing that out.

Until now i couldn't figure out what you were referring to?? I was literally scratching my head over this one. While researching and updating my information, i neglected to correct the example used in the paragraph prior to listing Ester Half Lifes.

Thank you again Ole, and i apologize for any confusion. I will adjust the values in the example to reflect the correct half life.

Respect.
    Last edited by MickeyKnox; 03-28-2013 at 10:09 AM.

ktmrdr909 is offline New Member
    Oh my bad I was looking at pantastics post on the first page about active eater in 100mg and phenylprop is after cyp and enth, I thought it was going from fastest acting to slowest, guess not

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information