against_grain is offline Junior Member

HCG and Test Cycle Length

I am a new member, I have been lurking for some time.

My personal Anatomy and Physiology knowledge is in depth. I have extensive university education, and more recently I have been reading research regarding AAS and the endocrine system. More knowledge from experienced members in AAS is what I am seeking, and I have a specific question I am interested if anyone has info.

It appears that several studies have shown that using HCG in the 500iu/week (approx) range while ON cycle, results in Maintained testicular function and size. This has the clear result of allowing for a faster and more complete recovery after ending the cycle.

Herein lies my question: If using HCG on cycle maintains the body's endogenous Test levels, would using HCG not allow for safer, LONGER cycles of AAS?

It seems that the MAIN reason for limiting a cycle length to 10-12 weeks is that the body's Test production will be SHUT DOWN, and that 10-12 weeks is the safest timeframe for being shut down. SO therefore if HCG is used to maintain the bodies test function, can we not run much longer cycles with HCG than without?

Provita is offline Associate Member
    As I understand it, HCG only simulates the Luteinizing Hormone (LH) and that causes the testicles to produce testosterone . It does not keep the HTPA axis running as it should. Exogenous Testosterone halts the HPT Axis, which in effect cause no LH reaching the testicles, thus no testosterone.

Keeping the HTP axis suppressed for long periods cause the complete "shut down" which you would then need HRT.

This is how I understand the process.

Thus, no, you can not just run longer cycles because you added HCG. HCG only helps with the fruit of the problem, it does not get to the root of it.

Thread Information