mrcndm is offline New Member

18 Year Old Strongly Considering AAS

I know there are a ton of threads regarding this issue, but I really just wanted to hear it for myself, about myself.

Here are some of my current stats:

Height: 6'3
    Weight: 200 lbs
    BF: 13%
    Years of experience 4 (3 seriously)

I would consider my diet to be quite serious and I have been eating similar to this for more than half a year now (cycling around the steak, chicken, turkey, fish):

Meal 1:
    300g Low fat Cottage Cheese
    50g blueberries
    1 slice of whole wheat toast
    3 egg whites
    3 whole eggs

Meal 2:
    1 scoop of whey protein
    1 peanut butter sandwhich (2 slices of bread + 32 g of peanut butter)

Meal 3:
    250 g of lean top sirloin steak
    200g of mixed veggies
    3 whole eggs

Meal 4:
    1 scoop of whey protein
    100 g of rolled oats

Meal 5:
    200 g low fat cottage cheese
    1 scoop of whey protein

Meal 6:
    300 g salmon
    1 cup of broccoli
    1 cup of brown rice

Meal 7:
    1 scoop of whey protein
    56 g of almonds

Meal 8:
    1 scoop of casein

Totals:
    ~350 g Protein
    ~350 g Carbohydrates
    ~133 g fats
    (Give or take 10 grams)
    4000 calories

You can see my training split here:

Monday: Chest, Tri's, Calves
    Tuesday: Back, Bi's, Abs
    Wednesday: active rest (I usually walk my dog for half an hour)
    Thursday: Shoulders, Traps, Calves
    Friday: Legs including dead lift, Abs
    Saturday: Active Rest (rowing machine, as my legs are pretty ****ed)
    Sunday: Active Rest (an hour of light basketball)

My thoughts on the cycle I would be doing:

I know the risks involved with doing a cycle at such a young age, but I really don't think/care about my growth plates growing as I am quite happy with my height and have no future career in basketball. I have read about the possible short term sides, which are also still in play whether i'm 24 or 42. Yeah, the long term effects do deter me somewhat, however, I feel with the right PCT and by not using excessively I will be able to minimize this.

The Cycle:

Week 1-8 Test-E 250/ml Monday and Friday = 500 a week
    Week 1-4 Dbol 20mg ED
    Arimidex at hand incase of Gyno

Start PCT week 12

PCT:
    Day1 300mg clomid + 20mg Nolvadex
    Day 2-11 100mg clomid + 20mg Nolvadex
    Day12-21 50mg clomid + 20mg Nolvadex

Thinking of taking clen during PCT:
    DAY
    1-40mcg clen, 500mg Taurine
    2-40mcg clen, 500mg Taurine
    3-60mcg clen , 1g Taurine
    4-60mcg clen , 1g Taurine
    5-80mcg clen , 1.5g Taurine
    6-80mcg clen , 1.5g Taurine
    7-100mcg clen , 2g Taurine
    8-100mcg clen , 2g Taurine
    9-80mcg clen , 1.5g Taurine
    10-80mcg clen , 1.5g Taurine
    11-80mcg clen , 1g Taurine
    12-40mcg clen , 1g Taurine
    13-40mcg clen , 1g Taurine
    14-20mcg clen , 1g Taurine
    15-20mcg clen , 1g Taurine

My reasons:
    I am honestly considering going on AAS because of 2 things:
    1) I have been eating my a** off (yes I changed my diet 6 months ago as I mentioned earlier) and reached around 211, 2 times. After this period my metabolism seems to say f**k you and sucks my weight back down to 200 (granted it was probably 50% water weight. I have also changed my training 3 months ago, but I keep getting my weight reduced.
    2) I am really into bodybuilding and have been researching about this for the past year. It seems like a great new adventure to learn about my body's reaction to certain compounds. This is kind of the reason why I love it so much, because I love to see the change.

The Verdict:

So that's what I'm doing and also what I strongly want to do. I went to the doctors today and asked to get some blood work on my current test/est levels. The doctor has also agreed to supply me with the things I need at quite a nice price may I add

I will post the blood work whenever I get it (probably saturday) unless of course, I get flamed to hell for this post

I'm not an idiot. I know that AAS isn't magic and I am willing to put all my effort into it.

Any replies are appreciated. Even if you just want to call me a bloody idiot.
    Last edited by mrcndm; 03-06-2013 at 07:37 AM.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    There isn't an exact age were we all stop developing and growing because this is determined by our genes and DNA, we are all genetically programmed individually and we inherit our genes from our parents. To give an exact age we stop growing would be incorrect because everyone's genetic blueprint is different.The main development of our bodies is up to the age of 21yrs of age but this can vary between individuals. There are parts of our bodies what carry on developing and adjusting slowly up until the age of 25yrs old, an example of this is the brain. The Endocrine system is a part of the brain what is very complex and keeps our bodies in a homeostasis state. Our testosterone levels start raising and roughly peak around 25yrs old and then start to slowly decline, so even though some of us may have stopped growing at the age of 21yrs old, others may still be developing up until the age of 25yrs old.

I have recently spoken to my Endo regarding this matter and he tells me that the HPTA is very sensitive and as many pathways how it regulates the human body, he states steroids disrupt the normal balance of hormones in the body which can cause reversible and irreversible changes at any age but risks are far more if you administrate exogenous androgens during development, this will put you in a very unnatural environment at a crucial time and your hormones should be treated with care especially in the early stages of maturity. The adverse effects can be erratic behaviour of the HPTA and potentially therapy when your older.

I did ask him what age he would think would be the safest as far as risk to damages and he said many endocrinologist suggest full maturation is reached by 25 years of age and this would also give the HPTA time to be established with your natural hormone balance and patterns. I personally feel 24-25yrs old would also be ideal starting point to get bloodwrok drawn to see exact what your natural levels are before starting any kind of cycles and waiting till you have reach your testosterone peak would be a good starting point, for me there is to much evidence over the forums and what I've seen personally over the last 25yrs I've been bodybuilding. Obviously it isn't going to be all 19- 21yr old bodybuilders who suffer side effects what are irreversible but I am edging on the side of caution what age I advice to the newbies.
    Marcus

In humans your Endocrine system is not fully functional until an average age of 25yrs, although the main development is up to around 21yrs it still fluctuates a little bit up to its fully functional age. There is a risk of permanently damaging your HPTA if you take AAS to young and you could end up with symptoms of andropause and HRT for life. Symptoms could be Limp dick, low libido, depression, low energy, low endurance, erection problems and many more but.......are these the types of symptoms you want to have in your 20's?. Believe me its hard to cope with these in your 40's yet alone in your prime of your life.

Around this age your Testosterone levels are the highest they going to be in your life naturally, so use what you have and don't take the risk of damage, I am passionate about this because ive seen it many times with young kids wanting to looking like their heroes and they think the answer is in an injection/tablet.

Taking AAS to young can also cause problems with development, one other main problem is premature sealing of your epiphyeal bone and the consequences mean that you wont grow as big as your genetics could allow you to, there is a test which can be done to see if your growth plates have sealed yet but the average age is around 21yrs old.

TRAINING
    You need a few years of hard training under your belt before even considering taking any kind of anabolic support, people who jump on a cycle to soon without having some quality years under their belt usually results in injuries, it takes time to develop your connective tissue, tendons and nervous system to heavy overload training. Slowly getting your own system use to these kinds of extreme's will only help in muscle growth later on when you do decide to start taking AAS.

Build a solid foundation for muscle tissue to grow and maintaining and development will be far greater than without it. Many younger guys will start cycling before they have reached their genetic potential which is crazy when a good solid diet and training program will be far beneficial and productive to muscle building.

Workouts should be mainly focused on basic movements with a priority of over loading the muscle each and ever time you train, increasing your strength and ability to lift in proper form will help with building the foundation for future development

DIET
    A lot of younger bodybuilders don't know how to eat. Researching and understanding how your own body responds will help you get to your natural limit, the right food at the right time and a full understanding of proteins,carbs, and fats will only help you succeed in achieving your natural goals. Keeping a diet diary will also help you understand the importance of macro, nutrients, calories and should help you see in which areas you could be going wrong in adding lean muscle tissue.

No matter how much anabolic support you have it will be worthless without proper nutrition, food will help build and maintain your valued muscle weather its natural, cycling or in PCT. Adjusting your food intake and consuming muscle building foods coupled with a solid training program will help you achieve your natural limit and foundation before you start AAS use.

This area is a huge problem with the younger guys and I can't express enough how important diet/food is when first starting out, post and pre training nutrition are very important and understanding how to load and feed the body will help push growth and create a very natural anabolic environment.

kronik420 is offline Anabolic Member
    your docs selling you test? lol what?

Thank you for the reply Marcus. Yeah TRT does not sound like something I would like to do for the rest of my life

yes...I forgot to mention I do live in Thailand...and you know, anything is available

Quote Originally Posted by mrcndm View Post
    yes...I forgot to mention I do live in Thailand...and you know, anything is available
    lucky you

you still need to do some research.. arimidex on hand in case of gyno? you use Adex to prevent it... not to fix it.. what about HCG ?

Quote Originally Posted by kronik420 View Post
    lucky you

you still need to do some research.. arimidex on hand in case of gyno? you use Adex to prevent it... not to fix it.. what about HCG?
    sorry if i'm mistaken but "Arimidex performs by actively blocking the aromatase enzyme; this is important for steroid users as the aromatase process is what is responsible for many of the negative side-effects commonly associated with anabolic steroid use "

So i would need to be using it as a preventative measure? not as a reversal right?

I can also obtain HCG from the hospital, just a bit more costly.

sorry if i'm mistaken but "Arimidex performs by actively blocking the aromatase enzyme; this is important for steroid users as the aromatase process is what is responsible for many of the negative side-effects commonly associated with anabolic steroid use "

So i would need to be using it as a preventative measure? not as a reversal right?

I can also obtain HCG from the hospital, just a bit more costly.
    yes, you use Adex to prevent the test from converting into estrogen.. do not wait for gyno to show up before starting your Adex... it would be too late by then... and yes, get a hold of some HCG .

just curious, are you Thai? or you just live there? also where abouts in Thailand?

Dont listen to anyone who offers you advice on cycling at 18yrs old. Honest you dont need it at your age and why on earth would you shut down a developing system ( HPTA) whats not fully matured yet what could result in your natural test not fully developing or peaking and you end up have serious issues what could be with you for the rest of your life, the risks are not worth it.

If you can gain more weight/size now natural using steroids wont help because your diet wont support any new tissue so you will end up shutting your natural system down for zero results because your body will simple go back to what it was like before because your diet isnt good enough - use what you have natural and dont shut down your hpta at 18yrs old - change your diet, force feed and change your training around - dont look at steroids as your answer because they are not.

stpete is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    Dont listen to anyone who offers you advice on cycling at 18yrs old. Honest you dont need it at your age and why on earth would you shut down a developing system ( HPTA) whats not fully matured yet what could result in your natural test not fully developing or peaking and you end up have serious issues what could be with you for the rest of your life, the risks are not worth it.

If you can gain more weight/size now natural using steroids wont help because your diet wont support any new tissue so you will end up shutting your natural system down for zero results because your body will simple go back to what it was like before because your diet isnt good enough - use what you have natural and dont shut down your hpta at 18yrs old - change your diet, force feed and change your training around - dont look at steroids as your answer because they are not.
    X2 on everything marcus has said.

Should I up my cals to 4500 then?

Quote Originally Posted by kronik420 View Post
    yes, you use Adex to prevent the test from converting into estrogen.. do not wait for gyno to show up before starting your Adex... it would be too late by then... and yes, get a hold of some HCG .

just curious, are you Thai? or you just live there? also where abouts in Thailand?
    I am thai. I live in bangkok

Should I up my cals to 4500 then?
    If that what it takes yes, use what you have dont shut it down, trust me on this one - your 18yrs old becareful

If that what it takes yes, use what you have dont shut it down, trust me on this one - your 18yrs old becareful
    Thank you marcus, I will definitely take all of your knowledge into my decisions

MickeyKnox is offline Banned
    OP, Take a peek at this when you get a moment..you could very easily end up like one of these guys..

Cycles Gone Wrong for the Young

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...*#.UL2db2fX_fs

ChiveOn is offline Senior Member
    Your natural test levels are the highest you will ever have in your life! Do yourself a favor and don't cycle... If ou can't gain where you are now you really don't deserve to be touching AAS. And I'm not even going to touch on the mental maturity to make life altering decisions at 18... At your age getting laid was more important than going to the gym for me lol

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyKnox View Post
    OP, Take a peek at this when you get a moment..you could very easily end up like one of these guys..

Cycles Gone Wrong for the Young
    Some scary stuff, although it does seem that half of them didn't research thoroughly enough.

I think this thread has made me feel more assured with my decision, I will be putting off my AAS "journey" for a couple of years.

Simply because well, I don't think I am wise enough and don't want to be one of those poor dudes asking for d**k help.

Quote Originally Posted by ChiveOn View Post
    Your natural test levels are the highest you will ever have in your life! Do yourself a favor and don't cycle... If ou can't gain where you are now you really don't deserve to be touching AAS. And I'm not even going to touch on the mental maturity to make life altering decisions at 18... At your age getting laid was more important than going to the gym for me lol
    haha true that

MickeyKnox is offline Banned
    Some scary stuff, although it does seem that half of them didn't research thoroughly enough.

I think this thread has made me feel more assured with my decision, I will be putting off my AAS "journey" for a couple of years.

Simply because well, I don't think I am wise enough and don't want to be one of those poor dudes asking for d**k help.
    Good man. Thats a very mature decision.

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    There is no way I can see a 18yr old cycling.You have too much to lose.Listen too wat Marcus said.He has seen a lot in his day.And his experences with young guys doing aas isnt a good story.

Thread Information