JWP806 is offline Senior Member

Nandrolone Decanoate half-life and front-loading

So I have been running a few searches over the past few days trying to determine what the half-life is for Nandrolone . I've read anywhere from 7-15 days.

The reason why this is important to me is because I plan on front-loading my next cycle which is going to consist of 750mg of test cyp and 450mg of Nandrolone. I want to keep this cycle to 8 weeks so I want to take advantage of front-loading both compounds.

I've always believed the decanoate ester's half-life was 15 days and I also saw that Austinite mentioned in another thread that it was 15 as well. Llewellyn states that "the half-life of nandrolone decanoate is 7-12 days" which is fine but for my purposes I think it makes quite a difference here... or does it?

Using the calculation: Weekly amount/7 x half-life in days + regular inject amount = front-load

Test:
    750/7 x 5 + 375 = Front-load
    910 = front-load

Nandrolone (7 day half-life):
    450/7 x 7 + 225 = frontload
    64 x 7 + 225
    675 = front-load

Nandrolone (12 day half-life):
    450/7 x 12 + 225 = frontload
    64 x 12 + 225
    1gram = front-load

So the difference here is going to be about 325mg. Is this something to be concerned with or should I just pick one and go?

testluva is offline Associate Member
    I would go with NPP. Deca is a very slow ester and you won't feel your strength increase for three weeks. NPP is the same as Deca but with a faster acting ester.

Turkish Juicer is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Biological life of Nandrolone Decanoate is approx. 15-16 days.

Biological half-life of this compound is approx. 5-7 days.

Lunk1 is offline aka "JOB"
    If you are intent on 8 weeks then NPP is really your only choice~

Quote Originally Posted by testluva;642***1
    I would go with NPP. Deca is a very slow ester and you won't feel your strength increase for three weeks. NPP is the same as Deca but with a faster acting ester.
    I know that Nandrolone Decanoate (Deca ) is a slow ester which is why I want to front-load it... to increase peak levels quickly. You think that there will still be no strength gains for 3 weeks?

Quote Originally Posted by Turkish Juicer View Post
    Biological life of Nandrolone Decanoate is approx. 15-16 days.

Biological half-life of this compound is approx. 5-7 days.
    What compound? I'm talking about using nandrolone. Not challenging you on the 15 day half-life as that is what I thought as well but where did you get that information from?

Quote Originally Posted by Lunk1 View Post
    If you are intent on 8 weeks then NPP is really your only choice~
    Why is that? Would front-loading nandrolone not follow the same pattern as with testosterone from this graph? I'm fine with it being in my system longer than 8 weeks... is that was you are referring to? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	frontloadchart.gif 
Views:	4112 
Size:	15.7 KB 
ID:	134698
    Last edited by JWP806; 03-07-2013 at 08:42 AM.

warmouth is offline Productive Member
    Frontloading deca is still a very slow process. I frontloaded and only started to notice strength gains and recomp at 7 weeks in.
    I used 2 weeks of frontloading. Pinned 450mgs 2x a week for 2 weeks, then dropped to 450 mgs weekly. It is very slow for me anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by warmouth View Post
    Frontloading deca is still a very slow process. I frontloaded and only started to notice strength gains and recomp at 7 weeks in.
    I used 2 weeks of frontloading. Pinned 450mgs 2x a week for 2 weeks, then dropped to 450 mgs weekly. It is very slow for me anyways.
    Thanks for the input, war. What else were you running with it? Did you front-load that as well?

slumchop is offline New Member
    im a huge fan of deca and nor19's for a lot of reasons. with any nor19 and anyone whose done them enough knows how quick and out of no where the sides can come on. im confused as why front loading on deca would even be considered even on an AI, the possible blood level peak may make the AI youre taking negligible or usesless till blood levels stablize and by than you may start having some sides. i agree NPP (nandrolone prop, fast ester deca) is the best way to go. half life is 4-5 days

Quote Originally Posted by slumchop View Post
    im a huge fan of deca and nor19's for a lot of reasons. with any nor19 and anyone whose done them enough knows how quick and out of no where the sides can come on. im confused as why front loading on deca would even be considered even on an AI, the possible blood level peak may make the AI youre taking negligible or usesless till blood levels stablize and by than you may start having some sides. i agree NPP (nandrolone prop, fast ester deca) is the best way to go. half life is 4-5 days
    If you front-load it using the formula above, you will still reach the same peak blood level that you would be at as you would if you just dosed it regularly (just after several of weeks) right? This is just a quicker way to achieve a higher blood concentration rather than waiting several weeks for it to build in your system.

Look at the testosterone front-load chart above - your peak blood level doesn't ever surpass a certain amount, so front-loading would just be a quicker way of achieving this higher peak level. It wouldn't be going over the maximum blood saturation, which in the test example is ~97mg. Based on the graph, the blood concentration is more stable by front-loading rather than the slower increase in blood level as if you were just dosing it regularly.

If I bump my AI and Prami up initially, that should alleviate some of those sides, correct?

I'm not arguing with you, just hoping you might have some more insight.

You can look at all the charts and graphs yu want..I have front loaded test and tren and never noticed anything worth bragging about!

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    I would pm Marcus on this if anyone knows about front loading he would.He talked about it in a thread I read one time.

You can look at all the charts and graphs yu want..I have front loaded test and tren and never noticed anything worth bragging about!
    That's funny you should say that...

On 9/25/2012:
    Lunk1: I would agree that frontloading is not advance but I would not call it novice either. Perhaps it is a more intermediate process.

For most that come on here day after day (the begginers) I think that the KISS method best serves them. For someone with a cpl cycles under there belt that has a grasp on what they are doing...I agree it's an effective technique

Source: http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...g#.UTjLSqXw6as

Quote Originally Posted by songdog View Post
    I would pm Marcus on this if anyone knows about front loading he would.He talked about it in a thread I read one time.
    Thanks songdog... I'll try shooting him a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JWP806 View Post
    That's funny you should say that...

On 9/25/2012:
    Lunk1: I would agree that frontloading is not advance but I would not call it novice either. Perhaps it is a more intermediate process.

For most that come on here day after day (the begginers) I think that the KISS method best serves them. For someone with a cpl cycles under there belt that has a grasp on what they are doing...I agree it's an effective technique

Source: http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...g#.UTjLSqXw6as
    and I thought it was...till I tried it myself. I wont bother again!

and I thought it was...till I tried it myself. I wont bother again!
    So you said that it was an effective technique before you had even tried it? What led you to believe that?

People such as myself (and the more novice/beginner members here) take advice from people like you. It makes me a little uneasy to know that you are making claims before you have even tried something.

So you said that it was an effective technique before you had even tried it? What led you to believe that?

People such as myself (and the more novice/beginner members here) take advice from people like you. It makes me a little uneasy to know that you are making claims before you have even tried something.
    My claim on it's effectiveness was based research and others experiences! I decided to put it to the test myself and did not think it to be all the hype! Not to say it isn't or hasn't been effective for others...I just know I didnt find any great advantage personaly!

Not every piece of advise comes from personal experience! It can be from research as well as combined experience from other ppl! I have never tried Abombs...but I can tell you that they are very toxic and I personaly wouldnt use them. I have never used latro for an AI but I can tell you what the effective doses are based off of the knowledge of what has worked for others! Perhaps I( should have worded my Sept post as "I understand it CAN be effective from results of others but have not personaly attempted yet myself"!

slumchop is offline New Member
    If you front-load it using the formula above, you will still reach the same peak blood level that you would be at as you would if you just dosed it regularly (just after several of weeks) right? This is just a quicker way to achieve a higher blood concentration rather than waiting several weeks for it to build in your system.

Look at the testosterone front-load chart above - your peak blood level doesn't ever surpass a certain amount, so front-loading would just be a quicker way of achieving this higher peak level. It wouldn't be going over the maximum blood saturation, which in the test example is ~97mg. Based on the graph, the blood concentration is more stable by front-loading rather than the slower increase in blood level as if you were just dosing it regularly.

If I bump my AI and Prami up initially, that should alleviate some of those sides, correct?

I'm not arguing with you, just hoping you might have some more insight.
    Im a fan of front loading, if i run a straight long ester, i front load, i dont front load if i run prop with a long ester, but ive been on the receiving end of deca sides, even when ive done nothing differently on a cycle than ive done in the past, its completely with in reason to front load deca, just based on my experience its not something i would do, I would agree, if i were going to front load it, maybe run the AI a little higher for first two weeks, but than you end up worrying about getting sides from the AI being to high to quick ,and having low estro which is some of the worse joint pain ive ever had. i dont see why it cant be done, i just caution away from it based on my experience with it.

My claim on it's effectiveness was based research and others experiences! I decided to put it to the test myself and did not think it to be all the hype! Not to say it isn't or hasn't been effective for others...I just know I didnt find any great advantage personaly!

Not every piece of advise comes from personal experience! It can be from research as well as combined experience from other ppl! I have never tried Abombs...but I can tell you that they are very toxic and I personaly wouldnt use them. I have never used latro for an AI but I can tell you what the effective doses are based off of the knowledge of what has worked for others! Perhaps I( should have worded my Sept post as "I understand it CAN be effective from results of others but have not personaly attempted yet myself"!
    Thanks Lunk... I wasn't trying to pick a bone with you. Just was curious if you had tried it once and you had some success with it and then tried it again and got different results.

The graph that you told me to disregard was based on research so I just wanted some clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by slumchop View Post
    Im a fan of front loading, if i run a straight long ester, i front load, i dont front load if i run prop with a long ester, but ive been on the receiving end of deca sides, even when ive done nothing differently on a cycle than ive done in the past, its completely with in reason to front load deca, just based on my experience its not something i would do, I would agree, if i were going to front load it, maybe run the AI a little higher for first two weeks, but than you end up worrying about getting sides from the AI being to high to quick ,and having low estro which is some of the worse joint pain ive ever had. i dont see why it cant be done, i just caution away from it based on my experience with it.
    Yeah, my main concern is introducing 1.5-2grams of anabolics into my system at one time and the sides that will occur. Thanks for the input slum.

Thanks Lunk... I wasn't trying to pick a bone with you. Just was curious if you had tried it once and you had some success with it and then tried it again and got different results.

The graph that you told me to disregard was based on research so I just wanted some clarification.
    Only the once after Sworder or Phased (cant remember which one) made it sound so appealing! Front loaded Test and Tren ! I have run the cycle several times and I simply noticed no difference than when I ran it normal! Obviously some swear by it....try it for yourself and see! I believe marcus had argued that frontloading Deca is not needed since he believed the test to be the main compound! That argument was a while ago so I cant remember specifics!

By the way..I never said disregard the graphs...simply that it didnt do anything for me worth bragging about! Sorry if I was confusing!

Only the once after Sworder or Phased (cant remember which one) made it sound so appealing! Front loaded Test and Tren ! I have run the cycle several times and I simply noticed no difference than when I ran it normal! Obviously some swear by it....try it for yourself and see! I believe marcus had argued that frontloading Deca is not needed since he believed the test to be the main compound! That argument was a while ago so I cant remember specifics!

By the way..I never said disregard the graphs...simply that it didnt do anything for me worth bragging about! Sorry if I was confusing!
    Thanks again man. You're right, you didn't say to disregard the graphs... I just inferred that.

I'm going to try to find that thread.

I realize that most of us here aren't scientists and that much of the information given out here is from personal experiences... I feel like a dick for somewhat calling you out... So apologies for that.

bigsiv is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunk1

It was sworders thread Lunk and was a good read.

Thanks again man. You're right, you didn't say to disregard the graphs... I just inferred that.

I'm going to try to find that thread.

I realize that most of us here aren't scientists and that much of the information given out here is from personal experiences... I feel like a dick for somewhat calling you out... So apologies for that.
    It got a bit nasty in that thread...it was created by Phased or Sworder

No worry man...Give me time and I will have first hand experience with everything lol!

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Thanks songdog... I'll try shooting him a PM.
    Ive pmed you back mate with some details

I like frontloading long esters because you can cut down the length of the cycle but still have the benefits of a long cycle, you also dont wait for 5-6 weeks for peak blood levels because they are running at peak within the first wk or 2.

MickeyKnox is offline Banned
    Frontloading Unraveled

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...=#.UMfK46zX_ft

*Esters and Half Life Of Steroids - Oral and Depot*

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...*#.UTj3TDcUX0E

Thread Information