I am still tossing around different ideas for a pre contest stack

Option 1 ( original plan)
    400 test e
    400 eq
    400 tren e

Option 2 ( the one I'm tossing around)

400 test
    400 tren
    400 eq (not sure if keeping this will just be overkill )
    400 mast ( not to sure on dosage of masteron I ran it once after my first natural show as my next weekend was a npc so I used it to harden up)
    50mg var ED

I'll be using letro the last week in both of these to kick estrogen water that's left over. ( use Adex for general estrogen control throughout)
    I'll drop the test 2 weeks out also.

Curious on input or any variations anyone has, will be going over them Saturday.

Thanks

red_hulk is offline Member
    What are your stats??

Sociabear is offline Junior Member
    Sorry
    5*6
    225-230 ( depending on the day )
    10%

hankdiesel is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sociabear View Post
    Sorry
    5*6
    225-230 ( depending on the day )
    10%
    Damn! Let's get a pic to go with that. I'd do option 1 but get rid of the eq and replace it with mast at the same dosage. I'd run the letro eod too, not just the final week.

Sorry bro I keep myself hidden post show I'll post some up possibly. Don't like my pictures an the info I toss around to be possibly matched to me
    What about the anavar to?

I worry that the letro will dry my joints out too much. I've done that on accident first time playing with Adex and it severely hindered my training with how bad my shoulders felt. if my joints dry bad 2 weeks out I don't worry as much sense I should be ready by then and just cruising into the show with some water to drop.

Granovich is offline Senior Member
    why the eq ?

I've always ran eq every contest. The endurance boost I get from it helps those low carb training days.

Metalject is offline Knowledgeable Member
    In my opinion option two hands down. The Tren /Masteron combo pre contest is pretty hard to beat.

The AI stuff, yeah it can be a little rough those last couple of weeks before a show when you run a high dose to help dry out and tighten up. It's kind of one of those things you just have to grit your teeth and deal with as best you can. However, if you get to that point the last couple of weeks and you're already looking fantastic, I wouldn't mess with it, I'd just keep things as they are. However, it does seem to help a lot of guys when needed...I'd just play that part by ear and see where you're at once you get there.

One of the biggest mistakes guys make with contest prep, well two actually but they're just opposite ends of the spectrum...they'll make a cycle plan and stick to it exactly as they planned it months before their show. There's nothing wrong with making a plan, but things hardly ever go exactly like you think they will or exactly like you want them to. You have to be willing to make adjustments to the plan as needed. Being unwilling to do this can be a mistake. The other mistakes is making unnecessary changes...for example, you plan on pounding Letro those last couple weeks...what if you don't need to? Will you still do it? See what I'm getting at? Make a plan but let it evolve as needed as you go along.

I agree with the mistakes. I have fallen prey to them.

Would you drop the eq in the second one? I don't believe more is better so I don't want to over do it.

With the dry joint topic , I sort of assumed that makes you more prone to injury? If I'm wrong please tell me.

Thanks again the the thought out post I highly appreciate it. Keep them coming please will be reviewing all the input Saturday to outline a plan.

Metalject is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sociabear View Post
    I agree with the mistakes. I have fallen prey to them.

Would you drop the eq in the second one? I don't believe more is better so I don't want to over do it.

With the dry joint topic , I sort of assumed that makes you more prone to injury? If I'm wrong please tell me.

Thanks again the the thought out post I highly appreciate it. Keep them coming please will be reviewing all the input Saturday to outline a plan.
    A lot of guys end up hurting themselves the last couple or few weeks before a show, happens all the time or they get so sick at the end of their diet they blow the whole thing...I've done it myself. You know you hear about this or that guy dropping out of a show at the last minute because of an injury or because he got sick, and a lot of times people scream BS and sometimes it is BS but a lot of the time the guy actually is hurt or sick. Anyway, the biggest reason guys get hurt at the end of a diet is because they're not smart with their training. When you're in those last few weeks you're not going to grow and there's certainly no logical reason for doing heavy low rep sets...this is begging for an injury. Train smart...this doesn't mean you're training half ass...but train smart and you should be fine when it comes to injuries. Also, keep in mind if you do end up needing a lot of AI those last couple weeks we're only talking about the last two weeks before the show. Plus, if you're like most all of your actual weight training will be done with no later than the Wed before a Sat show and you won't train legs at all the last 7-10 days, or at least you shouldn't.

The EQ...is it absolutely necessary? No. Will it hurt anything? Probably not. If you were to use it or have any benefit from it IMO it would depend on how long your prep is. If we're talking about an 8wk prep then I don't see any benefit to it. If we're talking about a 16wk prep then I could see a use for it. There are other options too if the prep is a full 16wk prep. Nandrolone is a decent choice at the front end of a prep cycle. A lot of guys will keep a low dose of it in there almost all the way through simply for the joint relief.

Time1 is offline Banned
    did u say u used gear and competed in a natural show? meaning untested show?

Quote Originally Posted by Metalject

A lot of guys end up hurting themselves the last couple or few weeks before a show, happens all the time or they get so sick at the end of their diet they blow the whole thing...I've done it myself. You know you hear about this or that guy dropping out of a show at the last minute because of an injury or because he got sick, and a lot of times people scream BS and sometimes it is BS but a lot of the time the guy actually is hurt or sick. Anyway, the biggest reason guys get hurt at the end of a diet is because they're not smart with their training. When you're in those last few weeks you're not going to grow and there's certainly no logical reason for doing heavy low rep sets...this is begging for an injury. Train smart...this doesn't mean you're training half ass...but train smart and you should be fine when it comes to injuries. Also, keep in mind if you do end up needing a lot of AI those last couple weeks we're only talking about the last two weeks before the show. Plus, if you're like most all of your actual weight training will be done with no later than the Wed before a Sat show and you won't train legs at all the last 7-10 days, or at least you shouldn't.

The EQ...is it absolutely necessary? No. Will it hurt anything? Probably not. If you were to use it or have any benefit from it IMO it would depend on how long your prep is. If we're talking about an 8wk prep then I don't see any benefit to it. If we're talking about a 16wk prep then I could see a use for it. There are other options too if the prep is a full 16wk prep. Nandrolone is a decent choice at the front end of a prep cycle. A lot of guys will keep a low dose of it in there almost all the way through simply for the joint relief.
    I had considered keeping deca in at a low dose like you said for joints , but I don't like the idea of having it fight tren for receptors so to speak.
    My prep this year will be 16 weeks. I am running deca now and will run it again before my show stack begins.
    Leading up to the show I'll be doing the test/deca cruise I am now 400/300
    April I'll start test/tren for a bulk still deciding on my third compound was thinking eq , but 8 weeks to short IMO.
    Then I'll run test/deca cruise again
    August first I'll begin show stack.

Yes i don't train legs as soon as I hit 7 days out. I've never gone heavy the last few weeks I agree with that. I guess you put of better my workouts felt half assed when my joints dried out, but as I'm jabbering in my head I answered my own question. I should be all ready at 2 weeks out minus some Estro water

The very first show I did (18) I competed in a tested and polygraphed show. The next week I went to an NPC show, so I hit some masteron that week for polish. Shit was phenomenal sense I was already dieted down , next day I looked like granite lol.

Thread Information