Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Aromasin doesn't work?

gymfu is offline Knowledgeable Member

Aromasin doesn't work?

I just finished reading the thread on arimadex vs aromasin and I wanted to share what I've observed personally.

I have always used aromasin as a research chemical from deferent places. I just started getting blood work done while on cycle.

Bulking cycle #1
    Test 750 and deca 500
    Aromasin 12.5mg/day (from unitypeptides)

Blood work results 10 weeks into cycle
    Estrogen at 370

Bulking cycle #2
    Test 450 and tren 400
    Aromasin 12.5/day (from ar-r )

Blood work at 11 weeks
    Estrogen at 179

I think it unlikely my body doesn't respond to aromasin and I blame the quality of the research chemicals. I will be using sciroxx aromasin for my next cycle and will report with results.
    Last edited by gymfu; 03-13-2013 at 09:43 PM.
    qscgugcsq and athletic.guy like this.

Bio-Active is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Yeah I would assume the aromasin is bunk. Any estro sides?

AnabolicDoc is offline Knowledgeable Member
    That's interesting. What happened when u tried increasing the dose? What happens when u take anastrozole?

MickeyKnox is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gymfu View Post
    I just finished reading the thread on arimadex vs aromasin and I wanted to share what I've observed personally.

I have always used aromasin as a research chemical from deferent places. I just started getting blood work done while on cycle.

Bulking cycle #1
    Test 750 and deca 500
    Aromasin 12.5mg/day (from unitypeptides)

Blood work results 10 weeks into cycle
    Estrogen at 370

Bulking cycle #2
    Test 450 and tren 400
    Aromasin 12.5/day (from ar-r )

Blood work at 11 weeks
    Estrogen at 79

I think it unlikely my body doesn't respond to aromasin and I blame the quality of the research chemicals. I will be using sciroxx aromasin for my next cycle and will report with results.
    Did you use a different Aromasin for each cycle? Or did you use the same Aromasin (or same company) for both cycles?

Antonious is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    What is a healthy estro level - nothing over 20?

Cycle #1 is suggesting strongly that your chem is is either under dosed or bunk.

But I could easily understand and agree with the values presented for cycle #2 because of the very nature of Aromasin half life in men. I would hazard a guess that there are many more AAS users on this board, and elsewhere, that have similar bloodwork - yet they're unaware because they assume their Aromasin is doing the job they believe it suppose to.

With a half life of only 9 hours in men, EOD protocols are not going to cut it. This SERM needs to be administered daily. I predict we're going to see more and more of this as time goes on, as this information catches on.

Doc,

I know youre not on board with my recommended Aromasin protocols - and i completely respect you and your opinion. But if you read the studies and clinical data, they were using up to 50mg per day during their trials. This is 5 times more than i suggest as a starting protocol. Granted the studies were considerably less than the average cycle, but one cannot ignore the results.

There is no question in my mind that Aromasin requires daily dosing because of the very short half life in MEN. Do not confuse the half life in woman which i believe is 27 hours.

Gymfu,

Thanks for sharing your bloods and i'm anxious to see your next panel too!

Quote Originally Posted by drsblls View Post
    What is a healthy estro level - nothing over 20?
    Depend on how you feel as well. But the average suggests 25-40.

So sorry guys I typoed the estrogen on cycle #2.

I just changed it, but estrogen was at 179.

Quote Originally Posted by jim230027 View Post
    Yeah I would assume the aromasin is bunk. Any estro sides?
    Started to see sexual sides with cycle #1, erection issues.

No sides with cycle #2

Quote Originally Posted by AnabolicDoc View Post
    That's interesting. What happened when u tried increasing the dose? What happens when u take anastrozole?
    I didn't increase the dose the labs were done at the end of the cycle.

Never used arimadex.

Mickey, I've always used my aromasin every day. Should I start using twice per day, sense half life is 9 hours?

I didn't increase the dose the labs were done at the end of the cycle.

Never used arimadex.
    Wait! What about the chems? Same company both cycles??

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyKnox View Post
    Wait! What about the chems? Same company both cycles??
    Sorry, no.

First cycle was from unity peptides .com

Second was ar-r

Mickey, I've always used my aromasin every day. Should I start using twice per day, sense half life is 9 hours?
    Sorry, no.

First cycle was from unity peptides .com

Second was ar-r
    Hmm..interesting. It appears at first glance that the ARR chem worked a bit better. But when you break down the cycles i feel that Cycle #2 is weaker in terms of how much estrogen would be produce, in a perfect world of course.

Regardless, my personal experience when using this chem was similar to the studies i quoted in the Aromasin vs Arimidex article. I ran Aromasin at 25mg/day for many days in a row and then divided that in half to 12.5mg/day and continued for another wk or so to control my sides (acne, ED) It seems i was all over the map with it trying to find home. And this was after a wk or so having it saturate my blood serum.

So before i even decided to gather the information presented in the Aromasin vs Arimidex article, i knew something wasn't right with the protocols that were being touted on the Forums.

To answer your question about dosing twice per day, that's an excellent question because this is my next step. Im waiting for some Aromasin to arrive and when it does, i will be switching over and experimenting with a low twice daily protocol first with my TRT. And with my upcoming cycle i will use it as my primary and record my results.

So until then, i dont feel comfortable suggesting you do that Gymfu. But if you wanted to experiment you could. Just keep a close eye on yourself and monitor your known/felt sides and personal feeling, from previous cycles, carefully. If you do, let me know.

Ok. Good stuff. Thanks Micky

What really irritated me about cycle #2 was at only 450mg of test 12.5mg/day of aromasin should have been more than enough.

I am going to try out twice daily, but wait until contest prep cycle. The only thing I'll take that aramatizes is 350mg of test prop. My tabs of aromasin are 25 and very small, splitting them into two will be do able but fourths, no way.

So would 12.5mg twice per day be too much?

Ok. Good stuff. Thanks Micky

What really irritated me about cycle #2 was at only 450mg of test 12.5mg/day of aromasin should have been more than enough.

I am going to try out twice daily, but wait until contest prep cycle. The only thing I'll take that aramatizes is 350mg of test prop. My tabs of aromasin are 25 and very small, splitting them into two will be do able but fourths, no way.

So would 12.5mg twice per day be too much?
    It may be a bit too much with only 450. But its hard to say for sure. I wish i could be more help and not be wishy washy over this. But its only because im cautious, particularly with someone else's health in mind, and i haven't experimented with this protocol myself.

Personally, i will begin with 6.25mg twice daily and titrate up from there. You could dissolve half a tab in measured liquid (distilled or sterile water) and dose twice per day like that. But again, im not sure how stable Aromasin is in distilled water. Im sure it would be fine for each day, unless someone has other supporting information to say otherwise.

Just guessing at this point bro.

It may be a bit too much with only 450. But its hard to say for sure. I wish i could be more help and not be wishy washy over this. But its only because im cautious, particularly with someone else's health in mind, and i haven't experimented with this protocol myself.

Personally, i will begin with 6.25mg twice daily and titrate up from there. You could dissolve half a tab in measured liquid (distilled or sterile water) and dose twice per day like that. But again, im not sure how stable Aromasin is in distilled water. Im sure it would be fine for each day, unless someone has other supporting information to say otherwise.

Just guessing at this point bro.
    Ok, thanks for the help.

Since I might be resistant to this stuff I think I will try 12.5 twice per day and pull bloods in 6 weeks.

Ok, thanks for the help.

Since I might be resistant to this stuff I think I will try 12.5 twice per day and pull bloods in 6 weeks.
    Ill be following closely if you do Gymfu. Keep notes.

Antonious is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    Interesting thread, ill save. In for updates

XxAndreaxX is offline Senior Member
    very interesting.
    I'm on Prochem Aromasin , I was taking 10mg ED, and after 8 weeks, Gyno started.
    my cycle was 500 sust EW and 65mg tren ace ED.
    caber 0,5 E3D
    now I'm taking 20mg Aromasin ED and lump is going away, but tits still puffy.
    UGL is never never never well dosed, I think my prochem tren was very underdosed too.
    I got better results with 37,5mg optimum pharma tren, than 65mg prochem tren. and optimum pharma is the biggest bunk on earth.
    I'm still searching for a correct dosed UGL, but ATM I'll still stick to short ester stuff when it comes to UGL, to better control dose and adjust in case of underdose

Doc,

I know youre not on board with my recommended Aromasin protocols - and i completely respect you and your opinion. But if you read the studies and clinical data, they were using up to 50mg per day during their trials. This is 5 times more than i suggest as a starting protocol. Granted the studies were considerably less than the average cycle, but one cannot ignore the results.

There is no question in my mind that Aromasin requires daily dosing because of the very short half life in MEN. Do not confuse the half life in woman which i believe is 27 hours.
    Hey Mickey,
    I'm really unsure why you think I'm not on board. I think every day dosing protocol makes a lot of sense, especially after reading the info you posted. I just think that based on the info you provided in regards to its estrogen lowering effect that if we are going to recommend Arimidex at 0.25 (which is a quarter of the usual 1mg dose) eod, then Aromasin at 6.25mg (a quarter of the usual 25mg dose) ed should still have double the estrogen lowering effect compared to Arimidex. I greatly respect your opinions and would very much like your thoughts on this.

The other thing that may have led you to think that I'm not on board might be when my posts say that the typical recommended starting dose of Aromasin is 10-12.5 eod. And then I'll go on to explain that in light of new evidence (presented by you) ed dosing is preferred. I include the old info so the new user who's reading it can make their own informed decision and understand that until about a month ago we were all recommending eod dosing.

I hope this clears up any misunderstanding.

REBORN52 is offline Junior Member
    I, too have been using RUI's (sister to Ar-r ) Aromasin and I'm not pleased with it at all. I've had gyno symptoms 1 1/2 weeks after starting my cycle to recently. I'm 7 weeks in and finally got some Letro and it's really helped in just a few days. Problem is all the estrogen rebound afterwords and that's why I went with Aromasin in the first place-even though it's twice as expensive. I'm no expert, but the Aromasin I received didn't mix very well. It has a lot of granular objects in the mix that will not mix up no matter how much I shake it. And I can really tell it's getting much stronger the closer I get to the bottom, so obviously the doses are off.

Their Ralox is the same way. They give you a mixing protocol, which I followed perfectly, but once it sets up becomes very clumpy.....no way to tell how much is going in your body.

The Letro and Prami I just received is a solid blue liquid that seems to be a lot better. I don't know if that's a standard from them on these two products or they've made some changes. I didn't say anything to you guys about the Ralox because I felt it might have been something I screwed up, but they mixed the Aromasin and the concentration per ml has to be off....

Hey Mickey,
    I'm really unsure why you think I'm not on board. I think every day dosing protocol makes a lot of sense, especially after reading the info you posted. I just think that based on the info you provided in regards to its estrogen lowering effect that if we are going to recommend Arimidex at 0.25 (which is a quarter of the usual 1mg dose) eod, then Aromasin at 6.25mg (a quarter of the usual 25mg dose) ed should still have double the estrogen lowering effect compared to Arimidex. I greatly respect your opinions and would very much like your thoughts on this.

The other thing that may have led you to think that I'm not on board might be when my posts say that the typical recommended starting dose of Aromasin is 10-12.5 eod. And then I'll go on to explain that in light of new evidence (presented by you) ed dosing is preferred. I include the old info so the new user who's reading it can make their own informed decision and understand that until about a month ago we were all recommending eod dosing.

I hope this clears up any misunderstanding.
    I believe you had a different opinion on daily dosing protocols, which btw is completely fine by me. Im glad you do, it promotes healthy discussions.

My theory is based upon the short half life of Aromasin. I dont have a formula for this but i'll try to explain my best.

If the 1/4 dose theory is correct, which i believe it isn't, then that would mean that the half lives of both AI would be the same and the only difference would be the strength. Conversely, Adex continues to maintain lower Estrogen optimally for approx 46 hours which is longer than Aromasin @ 9 hours. This suggests that if you want to comparably lower similar amounts you would require more Aromasin in one dosing to simulate Estrogen values after the longer half life Adex that continues and maintains for a longer period, in a similar time frame.

Note: Even though one is a suicide and the other is a blocker type, i don't believe this factor has any marked influence on the end result, all things being equal. In other words, rising E2 duration being similar in both subjects.

A lot of the confusion, i believe, is that Adex reduces similar values as Aromasin. This is not true. Adex reduces circulating Estrogen values up to 50% in men, NOT 85% like a lot of folks suggest. The percentage difference in Estrogen reduction properties between the two is about 35-40%.

So, to recap my point, i don't believe you can simply use a 1/4 dose laterally between the two AI's. Its more complicated than that because of the two varying half life's.

Hope that sheds a bit more light on this.

Quote Originally Posted by REBORN52 View Post
    I, too have been using RUI's (sister to Ar-r ) Aromasin and I'm not pleased with it at all. I've had gyno symptoms 1 1/2 weeks after starting my cycle to recently. I'm 7 weeks in and finally got some Letro and it's really helped in just a few days. Problem is all the estrogen rebound afterwords and that's why I went with Aromasin in the first place-even though it's twice as expensive. I'm no expert, but the Aromasin I received didn't mix very well. It has a lot of granular objects in the mix that will not mix up no matter how much I shake it. And I can really tell it's getting much stronger the closer I get to the bottom, so obviously the doses are off.

Their Ralox is the same way. They give you a mixing protocol, which I followed perfectly, but once it sets up becomes very clumpy.....no way to tell how much is going in your body.

The Letro and Prami I just received is a solid blue liquid that seems to be a lot better. I don't know if that's a standard from them on these two products or they've made some changes. I didn't say anything to you guys about the Ralox because I felt it might have been something I screwed up, but they mixed the Aromasin and the concentration per ml has to be off....
    I experienced the EXACT same scenario, including increasing strength towards the bottom of the bottle. There were tiny hard particles suspended in the liquid. Regardless of what i did, i could not dissolve those particles.

But, it did the trick. However, i associate part of this anomaly to having to increase my dose, and not being able to dial it in - particularly when nearing the bottom. My experience was with several bottles.

so @ the end of the story, whats the right aromasin dosage to prevent arom.
    if Prochem aromasin is well dosed, 10mg ED is faar too little, i'd say at least 15mg ED.
    with 20mg now, I'm pissing al the day, and my lumps in my tits are going away.
    another question, should Stane also be used during PCT???

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    Aromasin does NOT require daily dosing and i will explain why. Unlike type 2 ai's which are only effective while active , type 1 ai's like exemestane permanently render the aromatase they bind with inactive. So for letro and arimidex we need steady stable levels or they will stop working - the aromtatse they were bound to becomes active and estrogen will spike. With stane that doesnt happen. Th aromatase it binds too will never be active again. It takes time for the body to produce new aromatase. The effects of a single exemstne dose can in fact be measured for up to 7 days guys. EOD is more than adequate.

I will say this stane can be tough to get a handle on for some ( i had a rough time myself in fact). Thats why I dont think there is a single clear cut AI option for all. If stane works for you I feel it is the way to go, if not just switch.-preferably to arimidex.

Oh yeah and if you are taking stane - take it with dietary fats..like take your fish oil with it or eat a fat source. It increases the drug absorption by 40%. If you do not do this it is 60% less effective my friends.
    Last edited by jimmyinkedup; 03-14-2013 at 09:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by XxAndreaxX View Post
    so @ the end of the story, whats the right aromasin dosage to prevent arom.
    if Prochem aromasin is well dosed, 10mg ED is faar too little, i'd say at least 15mg ED.
    with 20mg now, I'm pissing al the day, and my lumps in my tits are going away.
    another question, should Stane also be used during PCT???
    The daily protocol suggested is for Aromasin that is NOT under dosed.

Aromasin should not be used during PCT.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyinkedup View Post
    Aromasin does NOT require daily dosing and i will explain why. Unlike type 2 ai's which are only effective while active , type 1 ai's like exemestane permanently render the aromatase they bind with inactive. So for letro and arimidex we need steady stable levels or they will stop working - the aromtatse they were bound to becomes active and estrogen will spike. With stane that doesnt happen. Th aromatase it binds too will never be active again. It takes time for the body to produce new aromatase. The effects of a single exemstne dose can in fact be measured for up to 7 days guys. EOD is more than adequate.

I will say this stane can be tough to get a handle on for some ( i had a rough time myself in fact). Thats why I dont think there is a single clear cut AI option for all. If stane works for you I feel it is the way to go, if not just switch.-preferably to arimidex.
    I respectfully disagree Jimmy.

You would have to know the time it takes for the average human body to replenish aromatase stores for a single dose of Aromasin, compared to a single dose of Arimidex. Furthermore, clinical data suggests that 5 days, not 7, can be measured. However, the value is very small. And 3 days later only 40% are below baseline compared to the 47 hour half life of Adex.

This is what i was referring to when i spoke about not having a formula for determining theses factors. But we do have clinical data we can reference and draw our own conclusions from the information available.

"24 hours after one 25mg dose, estrogen levels are reduced by 70-80%;

72 hours later estrogen levels are still 40% below the baseline;

120 hours after initial dose, estrogen levels return to baseline."

If the 1/4 dose theory is correct, which i believe it isn't, then that would mean that the half lives of both AI would be the same and the only difference would be the

So, to recap my point, i don't believe you can simply use a 1/4 dose laterally between the two AI's. Its more complicated than that because of the two varying half life's.

Hope that sheds a bit more light on this.
    But I'm not saying to use a 1/4 dose latteraly. Bc if Adex is being taken at 1/4 dose eod and Arom at 1/4 dose ed, we are taking a larger proportionate dose of Arom, in relation to its full dose amount, versus the Adex dose. Let's compare any given two week period of both. Given the above dosing protocols, in a 2 week period we would take 7 x 1/4 doses of Adex = 1 and 3/4 doses vs 14 x 1/4 doses of Arom = 3 and 1/2 doses. So my point is that taking 6.25mg (1/4 dose) of Arom ed is double the proportionate amount of Adex at 0.25mg (1/4 dose) eod.

On top of this, Arom has a greater reduction in estrogen levels. So with the above doses, we would still be taking more of the stronger AI. That is why I think it may be better to start with 6.25mg ed of Arom vs 10-12.5mg ed.

Blog Entries
    I respectfully disagree Jimmy.

You would have to know the time it takes for the average human body to replenish aromatase stores for a single dose of Aromasin , compared to a single dose of Arimidex . Furthermore, clinical data suggests that 5 days, not 7, can be measured. However, the value is very small. And 3 days later only 40% are below baseline compared to the 47 hour half life of Adex.

This is what i was referring to when i spoke about not having a formula for determining theses factors. But we do have clinical data we can reference and draw our own conclusions from the information available.

"24 hours after one 25mg dose, estrogen levels are reduced by 70-80%;

72 hours later estrogen levels are still 40% below the baseline;

120 hours after initial dose, estrogen levels return to baseline."
    Im always up for a good discussion Mick. First lets get on the same page and only reference accurate data of exemestane administration in males - as obviously thats most applicable. We can proceed from there.
    Last edited by jimmyinkedup; 03-14-2013 at 09:48 AM.

But I'm not saying to use a 1/4 dose latteraly. Bc if Adex is being taken at 1/4 dose eod and Arom at 1/4 dose ed, we are taking a larger proportionate dose of Arom, in relation to its full dose amount, versus the Adex dose. Let's compare any given two week period of both. Given the above dosing protocols, in a 2 week period we would take 7 x 1/4 doses of Adex = 1 and 3/4 doses vs 14 x 1/4 doses of Arom = 3 and 1/2 doses. So my point is that taking 6.25mg (1/4 dose) of Arom ed is double the proportionate amount of Adex at 0.25mg (1/4 dose) eod.

On top of this, Arom has a greater reduction in estrogen levels. So with the above doses, we would still be taking more of the stronger AI. That is why I think it may be better to start with 6.25mg ed of Arom vs 10-12.5mg ed.
    I was using the EOD method for both. This i why i suggested you cannot compare laterally.

And keep in mind, some studies used up to 50mg Aromasin .

To really put this question to bed, we would need a study on the speed in which aromastase regenerates after one single dose (25 mg) of Aromasin. Same for Adex (1 mg) for unbound Estrogen - one dose.

why not used in PCT? I heard it boosts Testosterone production. but maybe it kills to much estrogen since there's no more aromatase... but during HCG use, before the nolva PCT, its ok to use aromasin or not?

Blog Entries
    I was using the EOD method for both. This i why i suggested you cannot compare laterally.

And keep in mind, some studies used up to 50mg Aromasin .

To really put this question to bed, we would need a study on the speed in which aromastase regenerates after one single dose (25 mg) of Aromasin. Same for Adex (1 mg) for unbound Estrogen - one dose.
    Id stongly suspect your aromtase production questions can be answered here , if not in the text in the refs ...
    http://erc.endocrinology-journals.or...2/315.full.pdf
    That being said the idea of maintaining rock solid stable levels of test or estrogen or aromatase is impossible. If you dose stane ed - and its effects last 5 days (we will go with that) much like with longer estered test you have a cumulative building effect as well Mick. Its not as cut and dry as we might like it to be buddy.
    Last edited by jimmyinkedup; 03-14-2013 at 10:15 AM.

Id stongly suspect your aromtase production questions can be answered here , if not in the text in the refs ...
    http://erc.endocrinology-journals.or...2/315.full.pdf
    That being said the idea of maintaining rock solid stable levels of test or estrogen or aromatase is impossible. If you dose stane ed - and its effects last 5 days (we will go with that) much like with longer estered test you have a cumulative building effect as well Mick. Its not as cut and dry as we might like it to be buddy.
    There are 10 pages of fine print and over a page and half of references. Do you have a page number or paragraph? Or ref #? Sheesh..lol

Blog Entries
    There are 10 pages of fine print and over a page and half of references. Do you have a page number or paragraph? Or ref #? Sheesh..lol
    Welcome to the world of posting content posts on the forums my friend! lol

Welcome to the world of posting content posts on the forums my friend! lol
    Touche' brother

Stane not being REQUIRED to be dosed ED is kinda a mute point. All I care about at the end of the day is keeping circulating estrogen levels below 50 or so. I have not been able to achieve that taking 12.5mg every day I don't see how switching to EOD would help.

Thanks for the tip on taking fats with it though.

BBJT200 is offline Senior Member

I have been experiencing the same with their arr's aromasin. I've been using it the entire time ive been on this current cycle, and i'm getting gyno now and my nips hurt.
    I'm running tamox now, but in the mean time i'm probably going to have to use letrozole or something that I have on hand. could be a few other things, but using this same aromasin in my last cycle I had the same response. I developed gyno in january, killed it, and now it's back on this cycle using the same aromasin. I'm running 25mg ED, too!

Juced_porkchop is offline Knowledgeable Member

I use Letro as my MAIN AI on cycle with no issues. 2-3X doses a week work well. and if you are worried about rebound , taper off the last 2 weeks, then your into pct with a SERM anyway. on cycle i use and rec anywhere from 0.25-0.6mg eod to 0.6-1.2mg e3d. works well for last 3yrs anyway :-)
    Stane is ok too but i that i can dose 1.2mg 2-3X a week on 1g test ew and have no issues, over having to dose ed-eod.
    also it takes a few weeks to notice letro working iv noticed (specially if you dont start is form start of cycle but wait to see issues then start it) and is why i ALWAYS rec people to raise dose of letro over weeks not days if the person felt it was needed to raise the dose and give it time to see effect or the build up will end up in complains of sides from letro . you where already on an AI and then added letro so I assume thats why it didnt take as long to notice.

i know this thread is not about letro but i felt like adding my 2 :-)

Blog Entries
    Stane not being REQUIRED to be dosed ED is kinda a mute point.It may be moot to you - but not to everyone my friend All I care about at the end of the day is keeping circulating estrogen levels below 50 or so. I have not been able to achieve that taking 12.5mg every day I don't see how switching to EOD would help.

Thanks for the tip on taking fats with it though. Your welcome - glad that one might help you
    Bold

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information