giant bill is offline New Member

About AAS and hairloss...

Hey,
    Just wanted to know if it's possible to protect oneself from hairloss while "on".
    I have Propecia which I cycle because of the high expense. My hair looks good, for now. I don't want to become Mr. Clean as a result of future cycles. I know that Propecia works by blocking DHT levels located in the receptors at the scalp.
    1- Would blocking these hormones via Propecia, or any other DHT blocker,take away from gains expected while juicing??
    2- Should I use Propecia AFTER a cycle,that is, when the concomitant blast of catabolic hormones come out for war?? Will Propecia work during this period, little or at all??
    Thanks for advice as I'm trying to salvage as much of my good looks as I can while becoming a monster.

Triple Plates is offline Associate Member
    BUMP

bex
    bex is offline Banned
    If you are going to lose hair then you would with or without as. Sorry guys thats the long and short of it.{or not as the case may be}

Still waiting on an expert opinion to this question. No offense, Bexsome, but I need a more research-oriented answer to this predicament. I'm not taking loss of my hair lightly. Anyone have a research backed answer or know someone who is on Propecia and AAS?? Any help would be appreciated. This question has never really been answered to my satisfaction in any book, so real-world experience should help better. Thanks.

The original jason Guest
    Depending on what you are using diff juice has diff effects there are many topical solutions you can find that might help I havent had much luck with them I noticeably as in in my hands when i wash lose hair but i dont really notice much on my head if any. I have tried xandrox 12/5% from www.minoxidil.com u can find good info there to, and didnt see much if not increased hairloss which panicked me even though it is normal to lose any hair in the telogen phase when u start to use this. Propecia will stop some of the conversion to dht in the scalp but for me and I have only tried it this cycle so far started one week ago with finastride at 1.25mg ed hasnt stopped or slowed down at all any of the loss im hoping the hair that is coming out is what was in the telogen phase from the previous excess dht and will stop falling soon if thats the case I will use propecia from now on with cycles and forget using deca again. If it continues the same I will stick with using whatever I want cos it wont make any difference. Currently running test enanth 500mg/eq 400mg/anavar 40mg ed just doing some experimenting really trying to find something effective and hair friendly

Peace
    Jason

Thanks for the speedy reply, Jason. Two questions:
    1: Will blocking DHT inhibit gains on a cycle??
    2: You mentioned not using Deca with Propecia. Why not?? This is not the first time I've heard this.
    I can understand your plight as I am probably prone to losing hair. I used to model and want to someday get back into it--Bodybuilding sportswear, of course!!

The original jason Guest
    I have read some people say that they noticed loss of sex drive with propecia but not on cycle due to excess test u didnt answer what your cycle was?? also some people have noticed less max lifts cant say I noticed any of them but im cutting on real low carbs so not much energy for max lifts, deca mixed with propecia makes the nandrolone as harsh on the hair as test so thats why its not mixed. As for loss of gains not really to sure but im sure if you were really that interested you wont mind sacrificing gaining less if u keep your hair right?? i mean youu want 15lbs and bald or 12 lbs with hair? lol no seriously not heard anything bad and havent noticed anything

peace
    Jason

pureanger is offline Senior Member
    Do not use propecia with deca or proscar with deca it speeds the hairlose up and youll really be bald. I feel your pain bro I worry everyday about that. I generally use proscar throught the year with great results. I have tried all the others but nothing seems as effective as proscar. Cost is a factor to you must be paying a lot for propecia when proscar is one tenth the cost.

Hmm... interesting. The cycle that I'm on currently is the infamous Deca /Dbol /Sust stack. This truly is my first MASS cycle as the dosages and duration are alot higher than before. I've used two small cycles before and gained nicely. I have a thread posted on my current cycle with specifics to what I'm doing: "My current MASS cycle". I'll be updating this thread in a few weeks.
    As far as the Proscar--Damn, I've been spending out the ass for Propecia!! I've gotta get my hands on some of that Proscar.
    By the way, I stopped the Propecia while taking the Deca. I will resume the pill post-cycle. Thanks for the replies.

G Child is offline Anabolic Member
    Some kind of padded room...wearing some kinda white jacket...can't move...help!
    If you can't beat it go with it right? Just shave your head and get it over with.

G Child is offline Anabolic Member
    Some kind of padded room...wearing some kinda white jacket...can't move...help!
    Sorry for you. It's a touchy subject for alot of people. As for me, I'm going to be me, an ass.

D-BolMan is offline New Member
    im getting a little tired of the "its going to fall out anyway" response too. yes it will fall out anyways but at a 100000 times slower rate, at which you can take medications like proscar to stop it completely, were as on AS it could fall out 10000 times faster

So far, so good. Sk* and D-bolman, I thought that G Child's response was funny. I don't take it personally. Hairloss is a touchy topic and I wish that we, as bodybuilders, didn't have to worry about it.
    I've used Deca in the past w/Propecia and never knew that they interacted negatively. Question: by switching to a similar drug(Equipoise for example), will it still interfere with Propecia? Does EQ speed hairloss with a DHT blocker??

xusmc67 is offline New Member

Unhappy jason can you merge this

thread with the one I created on on hair loss

Bobo Daklown is offline New Member
    propecia does not interact problematically with eq.

you might want to try topical spironolactone.

arthurb999 is offline Anabolic Member
    Originally posted by G Child
    If you can't beat it go with it right? Just shave your head and get it over with.
    You could always get a hairpiece.

DEI
    DEI is offline Junior Member
    Are these finasteride products (proscar, propecia, etc.) acting only to prevent hair loss, or to grow hair again too?

Are there any side effects regarding fertility, and sexual drive?

Dei,
    Products like Propecia and Proscar prevent DHT build-up in the cells located at the scalp. DHT is thought to destroy hair like an American soldier spotting an Afgan looking like Bin-Laden. In theory, it will stop hairloss and may possibly (about 8% of cases) regrow hair. To my knowledge, there's never been a study done on bodybuilders like us. It would be great to have this kind of research to draw from.ie, If you take 500mgs. of Duratestin per week, you need 2 Propecias per day. Hey guys, thanks for the insight on the Deca /Propecia interaction.

DEI
    Giant Bill

Yes, I would like to know something about side-effects, and to see how worthy would it be to try it when you already lost some hair. thanks

Dei,
    I'll give you one good example of how effective Propecia is: My doctor who prescribed this med to me has the nicest head of hair of any doctor his age (he's in his late 50's). Guess what?? He's been on Propecia nonstop since he turned 50. He told me that it is a very inert substance in the body, meaning that it doesn't react negatively with your major organs. Very safe drug--he'll be on it for the rest of his life. I'm just wondering about us bb's. Since we bombard our hormones thru the roof, will it help us??

DEI
    Giant Bill

Maybe Ill try it, I think girls would like me better with some hair instead of my shaved head.

novice1 is offline Junior Member
    is it possible to lose a noticable amount of hair on a person's first cycle ever even if it is test. i mean is it possible for people to walk by and say damn man your getting a bald spot?

bex
    bex is offline Banned
    Originally posted by novice1
    is it possible to lose a noticable amount of hair on a person's first cycle ever even if it is test. i mean is it possible for people to walk by and say damn man your getting a bald spot?

NO if you are going to lose hair you will anyway AS can speed the prosess up but not on your first cycle.

PADDLER is offline Associate Member
    Well whats going on - this is my problem...my scalp itches like none other when ever i lift and it itches a little during the day (and no, i don't have lice). Now heres the thing, this didn't happen before and now i'm on d-bol and its happening. Is this the start of DHT or could it be cause i just moved to a cold place and the skin is dry? thanx for your help.

Thread Information