Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 600@50

Thread: my hematocrit is too high. Is this extremely dangerous?

snowblowjoe is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

my hematocrit is too high. Is this extremely dangerous?

Okay so my hematocrit is high no big deal right just donate some blood a couple pints and I'm good to go. Well for me that is the problem do 2 years of IV drug use all my veins have collapsed and these idiots can't find a vein to take the blood I have plenty of great veins but they can only use the veins in the forearm/arm pit. So what am I supposed to do isn't it pretty dangerous to have high hematocrit cant it lead to strokes in heart attacks? Even if I was to never cycle again I need to take care of the situation.

So my question is do I have any other options to get it lowered? Medication? Self blood letting? Etc etc.

And my last question is this a pretty big deal that it's high?

BBJT200 is offline Senior Member
    Mine was very high, and I spent a few months mentally impaired and extremely ill.
    I'm not sure if it's deadly, but right before I found out what was going on, I felt like I was on my deathbed. Completely serious.

You could always poke a smaller vein--it would be very slow, but it would work

Blog Entries
    Yes I'm very experienced with needles on myself but the blood banks refuse to use my good veins it has to be in the crack of my arm. Does anyone know how many cc's equals 1 pint of blood?

Hey buddy how did you solve your problem did you end up able to give blood?

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    How high is it?

BBJT200 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by snowblowjoe View Post
    Yes I'm very experienced with needles on myself but the blood banks refuse to use my good veins it has to be in the crack of my arm. Does anyone know how many cc's equals 1 pint of blood?

Hey buddy how did you solve your problem did you end up able to give blood?
    I did a phlebotomy (self-bleed) and then drank a ton of water.
    I felt like a new person 30 mins later, and it got better and better as time passed

warmouth is offline Productive Member
    I knew this was up Bonaparte alley. OP, how high is it?

600@50 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    1 pint is 474ml. I do a self bleed of 500 ml about once a month and it keeps my RBC, hemoglobin and hematocrit at the top of normal. If I go for 6 weeks or so I can definitely feel some sluggishness. Stay on top of it as it will make a difference in how you feel.

fit2bOld is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    There is a thread about self bleed. Search it.

Blog Entries
    I can only access the site to my android app so the search function to me is basically useless I can never find anything.

My hematocrit is....... 50.0
    If it was 2 points lower it would be deemed "normal"

Blog Entries
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ForumRunner_20130403_155833.jpg 
Views:	489 
Size:	22.3 KB 
ID:	136695

Labcorp hematocrit normal scale is 37.5-51. My hematocrit was 57.5 and I could feel a difference after a self bleed. Don't let yours get out of control like I did. Get your bw done.
    Last edited by 600@50; 04-03-2013 at 06:31 PM.

Blog Entries
    My "be" done? Since I'm only two points over normal is it really that big of a deal?
    If I withdrew 5 cc of blood should that be sufficient enough to bring it down to normal? I don't want to go this route but the stupid bastards at the blood banks cannot find my veins and I've been five times now its getting f ing ridiculous.

I know five cc's of blood is nowhere near a pint but I'm wondering since I'm only two points above normal that this might be enough we get my levels back in check?

poppz is offline Senior Member
    i have to ask, is this the thickening of the blood by a high # of RBC ? and is that a risk for clotting ?and if so ,,other than donating blood,is there anything else that can be done to lower it? Beside from hcg ,AIs,which i do use, im concerned about blood clotting

Blog Entries
    Yeah my main concern is about stroke and plaque-forming on my arterial walls. If only these moronic fake phlebotomists could do their ****ing job I would be okay

Thick blood puts a strain on your heart. It can increase blood pressure and increase a risk of stroke. I'm not sure 5cc would be of any help. I have drained up to 750 ml and felt great and had good bw numbers. Are you comfortable doing a self bleed?
    almostgone likes this.

Blog Entries
    It depends on what a self bleed entails and what kind of tools and knowledge would I need?

Sounds kind of extreme considered I'm only 2 points above normal doesn't it?

Hematocrit is the percent of your blood that is comprised of solids/RBCs (compared to plasma). A hematocrit of 50 means that your blood is half solid (because 50% of its volume is made up of red blood cells). If you a good sized guy (and I'm assuming you are), you probably have about 6 liters of blood in your body. So no, 5ml isn't going to make a bit of difference. You'd need to drain off about 600ml to drop it by 5% (once you drink water and replenish/dilute your blood volume). All you really need is a manual BP cuff, and an 18g needle. Take some aspirin a few hours earlier. Use the BP cuff as a tourniquet and to maintain venous pressure as needed.

Blog Entries
    I can barely get a vein with a slin pin. Can't even imagine getting it with an 18 Guage. Damnit to hell

lifeofdefiance is offline Associate Member
    if you have experience with IV drugs, drawing blood wouldn't be too hard I'd think.

I can barely get a vein with a slin pin. Can't even imagine getting it with an 18 Guage. Damnit to hell
    What about you calves? That's what I use, since stating an IV 1-handed is tough (I use actual IV catheters).

If you can't, just keep your doses low, avoid using compounds that boost RBCs too much, and take a good amount of time off between cycles. That's what most guys do, anyhow.

Blog Entries
    I got some pretty sweet new veins in my calves that just came in. Would I need to use a fukn 18 Guage tho? Would 6cc be enough? I got some good veins in my lower arms but I could only hit those with a slin. No way with a 22 or below gauge.

I got some pretty sweet new veins in my calves that just came in. Would I need to use a fukn 18 Guage tho? Would 6cc be enough? I got some good veins in my lower arms but I could only hit those with a slin. No way with a 22 or below gauge.
    I think you're underestimating what a vein can handle (especially when it is tourniqueted).
    And you clearly missed the important part of post 17. You need to drain off at least a pint at a time, or you're wasting your time.
    Last edited by Bonaparte; 04-04-2013 at 12:23 AM.

Blog Entries
    No I didn't miss it Bonaparte. Just not sure how many cc's equals a pint.

REBORN52 is offline Junior Member
    Would blood pressure be high if hemo levels are?

Blog Entries
    I don't know possibly but I have great blood pressure medication so its always under control

Wtgrantham is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte View Post
    What about you calves? That's what I use, since stating an IV 1-handed is tough (I use actual IV catheters).

If you can't, just keep your doses low, avoid using compounds that boost RBCs too much, and take a good amount of time off between cycles. That's what most guys do, anyhow.
    Can someone tell me which compounds are the worst offenders and which ones are least likely to cause problems?

No I didn't miss it Bonaparte. Just not sure how many cc's equals a pint.
    That was also answered in post #7.

Quote Originally Posted by Wtgrantham View Post
    Can someone tell me which compounds are the worst offenders and which ones are least likely to cause problems?
    With a few exceptions, the more anabolic a compound is in vivo, the more it increases RBCs. Probably because renal tissue has a similar receptor density to muscle tissue.
    The weaker anabolic DHT derivatives (Primo, masteron , Var, winstrol ) aren't nearly as bad as Test, deca , or Tren . EQ and anadrol are the worst (as EQ is the main exception to the trend).

ReverendNewman is offline Associate Member
    Mine was 53% Normal is 42-52% BUT I was pretty dehydrated when I gave blood. That would make all the difference in the world too.

Blog Entries
    474cc's equal 1 pint? Jesus h christians

Thread Information