Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MickeyKnox

Thread: Cutting after pct??

Cutting after pct??

Hi how long after pct is one able to start cutting without loosing all gains made on cycle?????

My cycle was test 500 per week for 10 weeks

Just started pct of tamoxifen 40/20/20/10

Clomid 75/50/50/25

Thanks

Metalject is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Cut without gear and you will lost some muscle mass, it's inevitable and impossible to avoid. And the leaner you get the more muscle mass you will lose.

The muscle you built was supported by the food you ate and the hormones you took. When you go into a calorie deficit, which is necessary to cut and lose body fat, if there's not an anabolic agent protecting your muscle mass some of it will be lost. Even with the best most thought out and well planned diet on earth you will lose a significant amount of lean mass.

I'm not trying to be negative, this is simply the way it is.

So u think i should wait until next cycle and cut with that??? will test do for cutting???

Metalject is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I've said this in several post in the past, if you're going to be a steroid user it makes no sense to cut without gear. And yes, higher testosterone levels can help protect your lean mass. This doesn't mean you'll protect every last ounce, but it will make a big difference.

MickeyKnox is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Metalject View Post
    Cut without gear and you will lost some muscle mass, it's inevitable and impossible to avoid. And the leaner you get the more muscle mass you will lose.

The muscle you built was supported by the food you ate and the hormones you took. When you go into a calorie deficit, which is necessary to cut and lose body fat, if there's not an anabolic agent protecting your muscle mass some of it will be lost. Even with the best most thought out and well planned diet on earth you will lose a significant amount of lean mass.

I'm not trying to be negative, this is simply the way it is.
    Agreed.

Johnny, I was beginning to answer you but crashed..(computer i mean) lol

I started to say that the ideal time frame to cut after a cycle is difficult to determine because of all the variables - genetics, diet, lifting schedule and routine, previous muscle mass..ect

But i would venture a guess that around 6 wks would be the minimum based on my own experience. Last cycle i retained full power and strength up to wk 6 without going to the gym in those 6 wks. Obviously I did not plan to do that. My back acted up and i was down for the count only getting to the gym very sporadically during those 6 grueling wks. But i noticed my strength dropped of markedly in wk 6.

If you can wait until your next cycle that would be even better as you can use that time to develop a solid diet that will shed fat, but at the same time reduce the risk of losing too much muscle at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyKnox;6484***
    Agreed.

Johnny, I was beginning to answer you but crashed..(computer i mean) lol

I started to say that the ideal time frame to cut after a cycle is difficult to determine because of all the variables - genetics, diet, lifting schedule and routine, previous muscle mass..ect

But i would venture a guess that around 6 wks would be the minimum based on my own experience. Last cycle i retained full power and strength up to wk 6 without going to the gym in those 6 wks. Obviously I did not plan to do that. My back acted up and i was down for the count only getting to the gym very sporadically during those 6 grueling wks. But i noticed my strength dropped of markedly in wk 6.

If you can wait until your next cycle that would be even better as you can use that time to develop a solid diet that will shed fat, but at the same time reduce the risk of losing too much muscle at the same time.
    So would an 8 weeks prop cycle (no other compounds) suffice for a good cutting cycle???

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    There is not really such thing as a cutting cycle. The cut will be determined by nutrition and the leaner you are the more you will be able to see the effects of certain compounds like Winnie, var etc. some people cut on dbol if the nutrition is on spot

Quote Originally Posted by jim230027 View Post
    There is not really such thing as a cutting cycle. The cut will be determined by nutrition and the leaner you are the more you will be able to see the effects of certain compounds like Winnie, var etc. some people cut on dbol if the nutrition is on spot
    Intersesting point Jim, What I mean is, would test prop be good for protecting muscle mass while cutting the fat off???

I was thinking 150mg EOD...

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    The whole idea of adding androgens to the system and cutting calories is the added androgens puts the body in a muscle sparing mode so the simple answer is yes.

thanks for the imput.... looking forward to the cycle....

MickeyKnox is offline Banned
    Here's a good read and may provide with with some useful tips..

How To Keep Gains For The Moderate User

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...*#.UTbQ2zcUX0E
    johnnymctrance likes this.

losieloos is offline Associate Member
    I made the mistake of trying to cut after my last cycle, big mistake dont do it, try to cut towards the end of your cycle.

seriouslifter is offline Member
    im in same position, but i put on like 30lbs on bulking cycle and gained alot of BF. i need to cut. i was thinking of startin my cut now in week 3 of PCT. Cut without AS for 10 weeks or so and then go on prop/tren and cut more and maybe half way through depending how i look lean bulk.

seriouslifter is offline Member
    i feel like im going to lose all my gains if i cut now after this bulk on cycle, since now im not on anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by seriouslifter View Post
    i feel like im going to lose all my gains if i cut now after this bulk on cycle, since now im not on anymore.
    Ye this is only my first cycle so im just still learning!!.... im going to wait until a future cycle to cut!!

Thread Information