Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 600@50

Thread: I believe I have an Abcess in my shoulder

ironbeck is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries

I believe I have an Abcess in my shoulder

As soon as possible I'm making the soonest appointment to see my PCP. It started off as some pip, but has gotten increasingly debilitative every day for the past 4 days. There may be no redness but my mobility from the swelling is getting bad along with the pain.
    Has anyone had this and was was the outcome? Hoping a RX for strong antibotics will take care of it? Also when they ask when I go to make the appointment I don't want to tell them what I'm there for, me and my Doctor are farliy cool and sure if I ask him he will leave the part out of my file that I have been injecting steroids . I assume it could cause a lot of insurance problems.
    Any one?

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Quote Originally Posted by ironbeck View Post
    As soon as possible I'm making the soonest appointment to see my PCP. It started off as some pip, but has gotten increasingly debilitative every day for the past 4 days. There may be no redness but my mobility from the swelling is getting bad along with the pain.
    Has anyone had this and was was the outcome? Hoping a RX for strong antibotics will take care of it? Also when they ask when I go to make the appointment I don't want to tell them what I'm there for, me and my Doctor are farliy cool and sure if I ask him he will leave the part out of my file that I have been injecting steroids . I assume it could cause a lot of insurance problems.
    Any one?
    I wouldn't trust that he'd leave that out of your file. It's his job to put everything you tell him in to your file. I'd just tell him I gave myself a B-12 injection.

You could also pay out of pocket and see a different physician. That way his records wont go to your insurance company.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    I wouldn't trust that he'd leave that out of your file. It's his job to put everything you tell him in to your file. I'd just tell him I gave myself a B-12 injection.

You could also pay out of pocket and see a different physician. That way his records wont go to your insurance company.
    I thought of using the b-12 injection....and right now i don't have ins, so im paying out of pocket, but I didn't want steriod use to go into my medical file for future insurance companies.
    So far I'm going with the b-12 injection. do u think a slew of antibotics will take care of it?

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Quote Originally Posted by ironbeck View Post
    I thought of using the b-12 injection....and right now i don't have ins, so im paying out of pocket, but I didn't want steriod use to go into my medical file for future insurance companies.
    So far I'm going with the b-12 injection. do u think a slew of antibotics will take care of it?
    Probably, once they drain the initial abscess (if it's bad). Just go to an urgent care facility. If they ask who your doctor is, tell them you don't have one currently. It'll never get back to the insurance company, but still don't tell them you use gear.

Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    Go to a doc in the box and don't put down a primary physician in the paper work. You want no traces of anything that can be used in the future to deny a claim. Trust me.

neverbackdown is offline Junior Member
    Man i hope everything work out bro i had one of those before and they hurt so bad

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post

^^^^x2 + 100. B12, new shirt and you didnt see one of the straight pins, tack or most anything.

Blog Entries
    but its so deep it feels like debilitating pip...hurts and my piss is turnung brown...wish me luck

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    Good luck bro hope everything turns out ok.Keep us informed.

Blog Entries
    Just got back from the dr's nothing to drain? Just gave me a Rx for antibiotics and a follow up in two weeks if necessary. Man I minimal movement in m arm and cannot lift it parallel if my life depended on it? he did say I had some fibrous buildup and needed to lay off on the shoulders for my Vitamin b injections. Maybe some hot compresses to help things break up?

600@50 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Glad they didn't have to drain it man. That would mean it was bad. After you're all healed up take a lacrosse ball and roll on it up against a wall. It'll help to break up scar tissue and adhesions in the muscle. It'll help with ROM too.
    Honkey_Kong likes this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 600@50 View Post
    Glad they didn't have to drain it man. That would mean it was bad. After you're all healed up take a lacrosse ball and roll on it up against a wall. It'll help to break up scar tissue and adhesions in the muscle. It'll help with ROM too.
    tks i'll give that a shot.

Blog Entries
    happy to report that with only one day of antibiotics there is an improvement at the injection site already.

RipOwens is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ironbeck
    happy to report that with only one day of antibiotics there is an improvement at the injection site already.
    Good to hear man!

Blog Entries
    Also had a valid reason to miss a day of work, which is always a pleasure.

Thread Information