WMSuperSport is offline Associate Member

Glute knot/lump/scarring?-UPDATE

I recently discovered a knot where i pinned about a week ago. Doesn't hurt, but a tiny bit tender when I rub on it to hopefully get it to go away. While messing with this 1, I discoverd another knot/lump a couple inches away where I have pinned before. It's a little more tender when I rub on it, and is probably a couple weeks old. The first 1 has shown some improvement, but is still there. While the 2nd spot isn't improving much over the last couple of days. There is no temperature difference & I feel fine. I have pinned this area only 5 or 6 times with a 1". My other glute has no problems.

Is this what they refer to as lumps or scar tissue? Even after only so few pins?

If so, will this likely go away with massaging it out? I really don't want to go to the dr and explain why this happened. I fear my insurance may screw me?

I have recently switched to 1.5" pin. Thanks for the help.

**UPDATE-everything cleared up after a couple days, in case anyone else has this problem and researches on it.
    Last edited by WMSuperSport; 04-25-2013 at 07:35 PM.

MickeyKnox is offline Banned
    Sounds like it could be tissue trauma. Are you steady with the pin as you inject?

I am very shaky and unsteady when I pin, I figure because I'm pretty new to this and get pretty nervous about hitting a nerve/artery. Not confident at pinning at all yet lol

If it is trauma, whats this mean for me? Like I said it doesn't hurt, but does seem a little tender when I rub it hard for a while. I would like to think the two bumps are getting a little better as time goes on...

Quote Originally Posted by WMSuperSport View Post
    I am very shaky and unsteady when I pin, I figure because I'm pretty new to this and get pretty nervous about hitting a nerve/artery. Not confident at pinning at all yet lol

If it is trauma, whats this mean for me? Like I said it doesn't hurt, but does seem a little tender when I rub it hard for a while. I would like to think the two bumps are getting a little better as time goes on...
    They will heal up eventually, but its important that you are as steady as possible to avoid further trauma. Take your time and try to stay calm as you inject.

LOL I really try, but it's like my nerves just can't be controlled yet, if you know what I mean? I just need more experience and confidence. I'm jabbing really slow too because I'm nervouse as hell of hitting a nerve/artery. I think I hit one today cuz it hurt like hell about 3/4" in so I pulled out and used a different spot. But it was pretty sore for a couple hrs. Sound like a nerve?

So is it safe to pin again around that glute with the possible trauma?

Quote Originally Posted by WMSuperSport View Post
    LOL I really try, but it's like my nerves just can't be controlled yet, if you know what I mean? I just need more experience and confidence. I'm jabbing really slow too because I'm nervouse as hell of hitting a nerve/artery. I think I hit one today cuz it hurt like hell about 3/4" in so I pulled out and used a different spot. But it was pretty sore for a couple hrs. Sound like a nerve? Yes.

So is it safe to pin again around that glute with the possible trauma? I would give your glutes a break and try Delts and Quads for a wk or so until you become steady. Perhaps injecting in front with more visual and control will gain more confidence. .
    Not much else i can add here bro.

Sounds good, thanks for the help buddy

Youre very welcome bro.

shishir17 is offline Junior Member
    Thrombophob gel will help u up search for it. Apply it 3 times a day on the injection site.

Good Luck

crazy mike is offline Banned for repping Dangerous Substances
    Hi, It's something to used to when in the beginning. The quicker you jab, or stab the easier. If you know the correct area, very seldom does anyone hit a nerve or an artery. If you hit a nerve you will just scream and leave the floor, in that time I assure you, you will have it out and then it will go away. Those things just don't come up much at all. Be cool, easy and patient. You will be fine. ... crazy mike

Im pretty sure I'm in the right area, but I'll research alot more to make sure. I would really like to get better at this. I saw a guy on youtube who just did it really fast and made it look so easy, seemed alot better than what I'm doing lol. If you saw me you'd probably laugh, especially when I start cramping somewhere during the process

UPDATE- in case anyone was wondering- everything cleared up after a few days. Thanks for the help guys

Thread Information