adrenaline99 is offline Associate Member

AAs for leaning out

I have a fairly decent amount of muscle, only slightly above average, now my only goal is to get from around 14% bf to around 6-7%.It seems to me that the only people who are able to reach those low numbers and achieve the bone dry, insanely vascular look are AA users who also take clen /t3 etc. Are those low levels possible to reach and sustain for natural bbers using diet alone?

Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    Stats please and experience

Quote Originally Posted by Capebuffalo View Post
    Stats please and experience
    24 yrs old, 5'9'' 185 pounds...15-16% bf, 4 years lifting experience. Recently gained a lot of fat due to not being able to workout because of mono. Also on HRT for life due to a pituitary tumor diagnosed at 23. (Which is 200mg test cyp/week, 1000 iu hcg /week, 0.5mg arimidex /week, 1grain(60mg) armour thyroid/day)

You can get pretty low. I don't know about 5%. It's pretty hard to maintain 5% naturally. I've done diuretics, dehydration, super lean diet, ECA, cardio, to get under 9%. That lifestyle is just really difficult to maintain for any length of time.

Quote Originally Posted by ScotchGuard02 View Post
    You can get pretty low. I don't know about 5%. It's pretty hard to maintain 5% naturally. I've done diuretics, dehydration, super lean diet, ECA, cardio, to get under 9%. That lifestyle is just really difficult to maintain for any length of time.
    If you have to do all that just to get under 9%, how the hell do pro IFBB bodybuiders get to 3%? It seems impossible. Not that I want to get to 3% I'm just curious. But sub 10 is really a goal of mine, maybe it's unatainable since I came from 35% bf...I don't know...

schon is offline New Member
    They stay that low for a few days at most, but 10% is attainable and sustainable as long as you get there gradually. You can only blast yourself with calorie deficits and thermogenics etc. for so long. You have to figure out how to be sustainable at that bf level. Or you'll shoot right back up.

Metalject is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I got down to just under 7% naturally once in my life and it was one of the hardest things I ever did. And yes, I was absolutely miserable and there was no way to maintain that. With gear I was able to get down into the low and mid 4% range, once again it was miserable and no way to maintain it but far more possible with gear than without and anyone who says otherwise is lying, doesn't know what they're talking about or has unbelievable genetics.

Lunk1 is offline aka "JOB"
    Quote Originally Posted by Metalject View Post
    I got down to just under 7% naturally once in my life and it was one of the hardest things I ever did. And yes, I was absolutely miserable and there was no way to maintain that. With gear I was able to get down into the low and mid 4% range, once again it was miserable and no way to maintain it but far more possible with gear than without and anyone who says otherwise is lying, doesn't know what they're talking about or has unbelievable genetics.
    Curious...where do you prefer your BF be most any given time???

Brohim is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by adrenaline99 View Post
    24 yrs old, 5'9'' 185 pounds...15-16% bf, 4 years lifting experience. Recently gained a lot of fat due to not being able to workout because of mono. Also on HRT for life due to a pituitary tumor diagnosed at 23. (Which is 200mg test cyp/week, 1000 iu hcg/week, 0.5mg arimidex/week, 1grain(60mg) armour thyroid/day)
    You are already on hormone meds should be easy to get to 10% if you get a good diet, lifting and cardio program and stick to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunk1 View Post
    Curious...where do you prefer your BF be most any given time???
    I feel my best over 10%, I like the way I look the best below 8%. But I stay above 12% probably closer to 15% for the last couple years. I haven't cycled in 3yrs and got very sick back in 2011. Anyway, still train and eat pretty clean, very clean actually but I don't go nuts about training and stuff like I use to....I don't care enough about it anymore. Although I'll admit, I've been itching to do a big cycle again but I could give two dirty turds about ever being big again.

I feel my best over 10%, I like the way I look the best below 8%. But I stay above 12% probably closer to 15% for the last couple years. I haven't cycled in 3yrs and got very sick back in 2011. Anyway, still train and eat pretty clean, very clean actually but I don't go nuts about training and stuff like I use to....I don't care enough about it anymore. Although I'll admit, I've been itching to do a big cycle again but I could give two dirty turds about ever being big again.
    It's funny how everyone (not competing) shoots for these PITA sub 12% BF. I would love to just hover comfy around 12-15 any day. Still look good and still enjoy life...happy mediums! If I could ever get to 12-15 to begin with

It's funny how everyone (not competing) shoots for these PITA sub 12% BF. I would love to just hover comfy around 12-15 any day. Still look good and still enjoy life...happy mediums! If I could ever get to 12-15 to begin with
    Yeah everyone shoots for it but I honestly don't believe most have any idea what BF they actually are or what real numbers are. People generally throw out percentages because a certain number just sounds good in their head. I don't really care about the numbers...if 20% looked good and I felt great who cares if it's 20%? I'll admit though I have been thinking about doing a little keto run again. I was always a big fan of keto diets and I enjoy the result but I don't know...I'm not sure if I will or not, I need to be talked into it, lol!

Yeah everyone shoots for it but I honestly don't believe most have any idea what BF they actually are or what real numbers are. People generally throw out percentages because a certain number just sounds good in their head. I don't really care about the numbers...if 20% looked good and I felt great who cares if it's 20%? I'll admit though I have been thinking about doing a little keto run again. I was always a big fan of keto diets and I enjoy the result but I don't know...I'm not sure if I will or not, I need to be talked into it, lol!
    Nah...enjoy a big steak, baked potatoe and a piece of pie. Thats happines!

OnTheSauce is offline Banned

Nah...enjoy a big steak, baked potatoe and a piece of pie. Thats happines!
    I do this and stay around 10%

Quote Originally Posted by patrick4588 View Post
    I do this and stay around 10%
    Your young.....

OnTheSauce is offline Banned
    And plan to take enough Hgh to keep it that way

Quote Originally Posted by patrick4588 View Post
    And plan to take enough Hgh to keep it that way
    The HGH makes a huge difference in what you can get away with, I remember but I'm not willing to spend the money any more just so I can eat dirtier. That's just me though, years back and I spent the money on it all day long.

Thread Information