goatofthunder is offline Junior Member

Tren, carbs vs fat. Not loosing weight!

Hi guys.

I´ve been on tren ace (350 mg/week) along with 150 mg test e for 2 weeks.
    i´ve been keeping track of my kcal and my avarege kcal intake has been 2087 kcal per day. I eat a little more during weekends and some times go down to 1500 kcal for a day or 2.
    If I assume my maintenance is 2700, like most online calculator would suggest, i should have lost about 2 pounds.

I´ve been seeing some articals that trenbolone will burn excess carbs up as heat energyr, making it impossible to gain fat of carbs.
    I have been doing a CKD keto diet which has worked good for me when cutting on test only. i´ve been experimenting the last couple of days and allowing me to eat 50 to 100 gr carbs per day, don´t notcie any dirrfrence exept feeling more hungry, carbs tend to do that to me.
    i guess i´m just a litle frusterated that my weight has stayed exactly the same.

Is keto based diet a good chose when cutting on tren, or should i go closer to the classic 40, 40,20 macro?
    I do however see more muscle defenition and also "feel" like i´m getting bigger, but strength has remained mostly the same.

Any comments, well appreciated

hankdiesel is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Getting bigger with more definition huh? Why would no weight lose bother you?

I´t not realy bothering me, it just goes against everything i have experienced when it come to dieting.
    I would also expect since i´m getting bigger i would be getting noticable stronger.
    I also though that eating under maintenance would eventually lead to weight loss, thought it was just simple math? Is it diffrent with tren ?

Would relying more on carbs as energy source vs fat maybe speed up my fat loss?
    I´m about 13%,195 lbs at the moment.

auswest is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    You've proberly gained some water weight from the test...?

Best way to tell what is going on is regular bf testing.

Blog Entries
    You also have not mentioned what ai and dosage you are running..

ma_fighter is offline Associate Member
    Well, just using logic, assuming that Tren makes it a lot harder, or completely inhibits the process of turning carbs into fat:

If you cut the carbs out of your diet, and replace them with fat (IE keto) then you also take away that particular benefit of Tren, no?

Eating a kcal deficit WILL get you leaner, unless you're not eating enough in which case your metabolism will start to slow down, and you'll have a harder time getting rid of that fat.

Using your LBM x 15 puts your TDEE at about 2500kcal/day, if your BF% estimate is accurate. So averaging almost 2100kcal a day puts you at a 400kcal deficit, which in theory should equate to just under a pound of weightloss per week.

Do you weigh in daily, or just 1x/week?
    I really prefer the daily weigh-ins, as you can jump up and down a few lbs from day to day depending on what you've been eating and what you've been doing, it lets you keep track of the ongoing TREND.

1x week could potentially look like this: Weightcheck #1: Is a "low" day, you weigh in at 195lbs, you keep loosing bf over the next weeks, but the day before your 2 week weigh-in you dont work out, have some more carbs and get a bit more salt in your food, making you hold more water, so when you step on the scales you're at 196lbs, making you THINK youre not loosing, or actually gaining weight.

The number one tool is the mirror, or if you take a few pics, at the same place, same light, same pose, and compare
    Use a tape-measure! This will, in conjunction with the scales, tell you whats really going on. If weight stays the same, waist goes down, and arms, chest, shoulders and legs go up, then you're loosing fat and building muscles.

I'd take measurements now, weigh in every morning, and wait another week to see whats going on.
    Are you experiencing any of the Tren sides? It might be bunk.

/Maf

Quote Originally Posted by auswest View Post

150mg Test E/Week, he shouldnt be holding any water from that. Esp just 2 weeks in.

Quote Originally Posted by auswest View Post

i had been running the test at 500 per week and then reduced it to 150 after i started the tren , so if any thing I would thinks the water retention is going down.

Blog Entries
    I'm of the believe one should be aware through actual dieting what there Maintence calories are, if you do not know how many calories it takes to maintain your body, you have not been dieting long enough and do not know your body well enough to be using aas..if you are still having to use calculators and guides then you need to spend more time getting to know your body, so calories can properly be adjusted back and forth to suit goals, following the guide of lbm x 15 that would put my Maintence at 2400 cals... When in fact my Maintence is closer to 3600cals which is lbm x 22.5...
    Getting to know your body before trying to cut/bulk is the best thing u can do, then you remove all the guessing games...

Quote Originally Posted by ma_fighter View Post
    Well, just using logic, assuming that Tren makes it a lot harder, or completely inhibits the process of turning carbs into fat:

If you cut the carbs out of your diet, and replace them with fat (IE keto) then you also take away that particular benefit of Tren,

It makes sense, yes. The only successful cut i´ve done so far is when i cut with 333 mg test e and ckd keto style diet. i fell in love with the resaults from it and lost weight every week, kept strength but lost a tiny bit of muslcle. That´s why i wanted to get reassured that when cutting with carbs i will still get good or even better resaults since using tren. i´m thinking about swithching my macros to 50,30,20 for a few weeks and see how it goes. Giving the fact i recently interduced some carbs to my everyday diet, I might be holding some water weight that wasn´t there when i was in ketosis.

Eating a kcal deficit WILL get you leaner, unless you're not eating enough in which case your metabolism will start to slow down, and you'll have a harder time getting rid of that fat.

Using your LBM x 15 puts your TDEE at about 2500kcal/day, if your BF% estimate is accurate. So averaging almost 2100kcal a day puts you at a 400kcal deficit, which in theory should equate to just under a pound of weightloss per week.

Do you weigh in daily, or just 1x/week? I weigh my self daily, but monday morninings i weigh my self after going to the bathroom and before i eat breakfest and that is my "official" weight that week.
    I really prefer the daily weigh-ins, as you can jump up and down a few lbs from day to day depending on what you've been eating and what you've been doing, it lets you keep track of the ongoing TREND.

1x week could potentially look like this: Weightcheck #1: Is a "low" day, you weigh in at 195lbs, you keep loosing bf over the next weeks, but the day before your 2 week weigh-in you dont work out, have some more carbs and get a bit more salt in your food, making you hold more water, so when you step on the scales you're at 196lbs, making you THINK youre not loosing, or actually gaining weight.

The number one tool is the mirror, or if you take a few pics, at the same place, same light, same pose, and compare
    Use a tape-measure! This will, in conjunction with the scales, tell you whats really going on. If weight stays the same, waist goes down, and arms, chest, shoulders and legs go up, then you're loosing fat and building muscles.

i´ve been taking pictures for the past 5 weeks or so, one a week and since i intreduced tren my recomp is getting better, wether it´s the tren or not i´m not 100 % but my money would be on that it has at least helped.

I'd take measurements now, weigh in every morning, and wait another week to see whats going on.
    Are you experiencing any of the Tren sides? It might be bunk.

I´t not bunk, belief me. I´m experiencing sides, agression and temper being the worst at the moment. Also had some trensomnia nights but that seems to be getting better.

So, more carbs, less fat keep eating under maintenacne = fastest fat loss?
    Any one who verifies this theory?

And thank you guys for giving your self time to reply.

/Maf
    ffffffff
    Last edited by goatofthunder; 04-26-2013 at 05:46 AM.

We're all different, and what works well for me may not work well for you.

A kind of carb cycling, and IF did wonders for me once I started getting into the lower bf%'ages, but I started at 256 lbs, and got down to 170. BF got slightly lower than in my avatar, no gear.

I'd say, keep carbs low on off days, load up a bit more before you train on your workout days, keep protein high. Also try incorporating an IF day or two or three a week, where you only eat in a very narrow window during the day.

Stay away from carbs completely in the evenings.

This worked best for me, if you want serious diet feedback, hit the nutrition section. Got some very knowledgeable gurus over there!

/maf

Thanks for the help. IF has worked great for me in the past as well.
    I´m gona try eating some oatmeal pre work out and may be add a litle dextrose to my post workout protein shake and see if that helps speeding up the fat loss

Thread Information