Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Lunk1

Thread: Changing a "Clean Bulk/Recomp" to a "Cut"

oatmeal69 is offline Productive Member

Changing a "Clean Bulk/Recomp" to a "Cut"

I'm a little more than half way through my current cycle.
    Oatmeal69's 4th Cycle TEST-E / TREN-A Diary / Log

Thus far I've easily re-acquired all the muscle I've ever had, and am making good lean gains. I've gained about 7-8 pounds, and my fat level has remained the same or decreased a bit. My diet has been really spot on, I'm proud I've not really cheated at all.
    My problem and question. Every time I add muscle and weight like this, it's GREAT! Unfortunately, by the time I get through PCT, and try to do a cut to show off some of the gains... I lose everything, and end up skinny-fat again. Before you ask, Yes I train, and yes I keep my diet in check.
    I've never tried cutting while on cycle, it's always about adding as much lean muscle as possible. It seems though that even now while I'm trying to do a clean bulk, I'm still able to stay lean, and maybe even shed some fat.
    I'm wondering if I ought to use the last 2-3 weeks of my cycle as a cut?

Lunk1 is offline aka "JOB"
    This is likely due to not eating enough calories after cycle to sustain the new muscle growth after the AAS has cleared. It's a diet issue..plain and simple
    songdog likes this.

No, that's not it. I can sustain what I've gained, as I did last cycle, but if I then try to cut, it all goes away. I've never been able to cut without losing major amounts of muscle and strength. - No matter how much protein or training I do along with it.

cj111 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Well then you obviously need to re-think how you approach your cutting? Seems pretty straight forward, if its not working, do something different.

Lunk1 is offline aka "JOB"
    Quote Originally Posted by oatmeal69 View Post
    No, that's not it. I can sustain what I've gained, as I did last cycle, but if I then try to cut, it all goes away. I've never been able to cut without losing major amounts of muscle and strength. - No matter how much protein or training I do along with it.
    First I would lay out your diet in nutrition expaining your goals to make sure you are still eating enough. Next I would consider using test during a cut to help save muscle during calorie defiecent cuts.

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunk1 View Post
    This is likely due to not eating enough calories after cycle to sustain the new muscle growth after the AAS has cleared. It's a diet issue..plain and simple
    I agree with this.You maybe cutting to soon after your cycle.

Is it possible to at least stay as lean as I am now after cycle and still eat more cals? It seems like if I eat "enough" to sustain muscle, I'm just going to add fat.

bradhore is offline Member
    Post your goals, stats, and diet...

Why dont you do a cutting cycle, get to what ever bf% you require on cycle, during pct keep your cals at maintenance so that you dont lose any gains... Then after your pct LEAN BULK, work out your macronutrients, as long as your protein levels are high (alteast 1.5g protein per lb bodyweight) and your calories
    Are around 400 or 500 above maintenance, you wi gain lean bodymass and stay cut at the same time

bradhore is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oatmeal69 View Post
    Unless on cycle, we all lose a certain amount of strength. I know how u feel though, when cutting, i think its more placebo effect making you feel skinny and that youve lost muscle, when in actual fact you probably havent.. Losing water retention in the muscle when you lower your carbs to cut is a major factor in the way you feel, and also why you lose strength.

Quote Originally Posted by bradhore View Post
    Post your goals, stats, and diet...
    Please see the link in my first post.
    Why dont you do a cutting cycle, get to what ever bf% you require on cycle, during pct keep your cals at maintenance so that you dont lose any gains... Then after your pct LEAN BULK, work out your macronutrients, as long as your protein levels are high (alteast 1.5g protein per lb bodyweight) and your calories Are around 400 or 500 above maintenance, you wi gain lean bodymass and stay cut at the same time
    That's more or less what I'm doing while on cycle now - a very lean bulk. If anything I'm continuing to lean up, yet I've added 8-10 pounds of mass.
    Unless on cycle, we all lose a certain amount of strength. I know how u feel though, when cutting, i think its more placebo effect making you feel skinny and that youve lost muscle, when in actual fact you probably havent.. Losing water retention in the muscle when you lower your carbs to cut is a major factor in the way you feel, and also why you lose strength.
    Well, I will say that as soon as I stopped the cut diet I was on for 3 months prior to starting this cycle, my strength gains blew up, and I regained much of the muscle I had before in a matter of a week or so. Much of it may be "muscle memory" but I think there may be something to be said about re-filling your lean tissue with nutrients and water.

Papiriqui is offline Productive Member
    Oats i would definitely re think the cutting part. Definitely something there is not entirely right. I am still cutting and this time around i have found very little to no muscle loss. You have to try different approaches until you find what really works best for you. Definitely in my case is not a regular low carb diet but something in between a keto and low carb. After messing around and stuff you find your sweet spot. Everyone has one you just have to find it.

You know enough about nutrition to change it up. Dont get overly complicated though just go with the flow. Dont be scared about gaining fat, you know how to cut and you can always get it back in control so take it easy, relax and keep trying bud!!!!!

MArz123 is offline Junior Member
    Sounds like what you think and feel is muscle is water retention and bloat, hence whenyou

MArz123 is offline Junior Member
    ^^^^hence when you start cutting your actually shedding water and the bloat which you ate mistaking for muscle...

Yeesh...

Thread Information