Perseverance1 is offline Banned

How long for accutane to clear you up?

Ill be taking 40mg of accutane daily and I really just have mild acne on my back/shoulders...maybe 1-2 on my chest and 1-2 small ones on my face but nothing serious.

How long do you guys think it'll take to clear up? How long did it take you and how bad was yours? Just looking for opinions/people with prior experience.

Don't worry, I got my Chapstick lol.

panntastic is offline "cool as shit and knows his stuff"
    Are you getting regular blood work done on accutane or is it self prescribed?
    Are you doing anything else to help combat acne?

Quote Originally Posted by panntastic View Post
    Are you getting regular blood work done on accutane or is it self prescribed?
    Are you doing anything else to help combat acne?
    2 showers a day,full blood work 3 weeks after I start (self prescribed though) and then a second round of blood work a month later (assuming nothing is wrong). Just got a full work up done last week and in a few days ill be discussing results with my doc so ill have an established baseline.

Quote Originally Posted by Perseverance1

2 showers a day,full blood work 3 weeks after I start (self prescribed though) and then a second round of blood work a month later (assuming nothing is wrong). Just got a full work up done last week and in a few days ill be discussing results with my doc so ill have an established baseline.
    I've never used accutane but have plenty of friends who have but they swore by using sunbeds aswell
    I doubt there is any correlation between that and the medicine working together other than the sunbed drying out the dermis aswell

auswest is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    Similar dosing for what sounds like similar acne I had, I think around the 4-6 weeks mark it had cleared, I ran it for a further 3 months if I remember rightly. 1 tip: stay on top of keeping your lips moisturised, you let them get bad and they are near on impossible to get moisture back into until a few weeks after stopping. Stay on top of them.
    That is the only "visible/noticable" side effects I had, I did not get blood work. My dosage started at 20, then built upto 30-40, then used 20 once clear.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by panntastic

I've never used accutane but have plenty of friends who have but they swore by using sunbeds aswell
    I doubt there is any correlation between that and the medicine working together other than the sunbed drying out the dermis aswell
    Sun exposure while on accutane is to be avoided.
    People use tanning to treat acne in general, but is not to be done while running accutane

Quote Originally Posted by auswest

Sun exposure while on accutane is to be avoided.
    People use tanning to treat acne in general, but is not to be done while running accutane
    There you go I've learned something new
    But this is why I said I don't know about it as I've never used it and can only comment on what I've been told

Blog Entries

There you go I've learned something new
    But this is why I said I don't know about it as I've never used it and can only comment on what I've been told
    Yup I'm sure alot of people start using it without understanding the stuff,

Quote Originally Posted by auswest

Yup I'm sure alot of people start using it without understanding the stuff,
    I know its not to be messed with because of the need for bloods etc

Blog Entries

I know its not to be messed with because of the need for bloods etc
    Yes it is advised, however we typically use accutane to treat steroid induced acne in much lower doses and for alot less time than your typical chronic Acne sufferer..so side effects are typically alot milder..but everyone responds differently to compounds, so caution and regular check ups are advised.

Cheers for info AUS very informative

Blog Entries
    No worries... It is deffernatly great stuff and something to be considered once all other options have been exhausted.

sc2only is offline Junior Member
    I had severe acne on chest and back. Painful cystic. It took about 7 months at 40 mg a day. And i still got few lingering. But no new ones. After each shower moisturize back chest face. Always moisturize hands and lips throughout day. And i got my blood tested every month while i was on. My mood wasnt great while on it. My quality of well being was lower than normal. And i didnt realise till i stopped takin it as my well being shot up. Energy etc. but def worth it. Id do it again as ive tried everything else to no prevail. I would stay away from sun and tanning beds. As much you can. And moisturize moisturize moisturize. It helps great deals with itching and dryness.

MArz123 is offline Junior Member
    I just ended a 6 month course of accutane 40mg daily ...despite all the people saying accutane was bad, it was the best thing I could have done. My acne was mostly on chest and shoulders. Literally after 2 weeks I saw a 75% improvement I remember how amazed I was at the results so fast...after 3 months virtually all gone , 5th month all gone....went one extra month just to be safe ...also I found accutane to be significantly cheaper at Walmart versus Walgreens, Cvs, target pharmacys.

MArz123 is offline Junior Member
    ^^^also Vaseline worked much better than Chapstick for the dry lips ....also I started drinking at least a gallon of water daily.

anahny is offline Associate Member
    I did 6 weeks of accutane @ 80mg. Cleared all the acne I had on my shoulders and back completely. Be careful in the sun. Every time I was exposed to the sun it felt like I was getting roasted in an oven.

snowblowjoe is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Is taking accutane really worth it? I know it's caused quite a few deaths. Sounds like pretty dangerous stuff to me

I did my homework about sun exposure while on accutane and everyone said as long as you wear 30-50% sunblock and apply it every 2 hours you'll be safe. I'm going to be tanning (no more than 10 mins at a time) while on so ill be sure to let you guys know how it all went.

snowblowjoe is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Every 2 hours? Geesh. Seems like a lot of work. Where do you get acne? I just get a little on my back during pct when I run clomid and at times it can get annoying but hardly a big enough deal to warrant medication. I guess you get it all over really bad?

Quote Originally Posted by snowblowjoe View Post
    Every 2 hours? Geesh. Seems like a lot of work. Where do you get acne? I just get a little on my back during pct when I run clomid and at times it can get annoying but hardly a big enough deal to warrant medication. I guess you get it all over really bad?
    I have a moderate amount on my back/shoulders. It was only like 2-3 but gear made it go nuts lol...

rawpower is offline Junior Member
    Can someone pm me a good site to get accutane?

Thread Information