Thread: aspiration

paulastone is offline Member

aspiration

On my first cycle i did i my brother helped me inject
    and for the rest of the cycle i did it my self
    my ? is that when i was injecting i did'nt aspirate
    his that bad?
    I never got infected or nothing, my jabs where always cleen.
    anyhow i did a bit of research and next cycle i'll aspirate

thanks for any comments

Shredz is offline Respected Member

make sure you do it from now on.

Make sure you aspirate ..you've have obviously been lucky so far..you don't want to but that shit in your veins that is for sure..

it only takes a sec to do..make sure u do it from now on

Mike Guest
    I am with shredz - aspirate - just pull back and take a little peek if there's blood - takes you only a second but the first time you see blood in there you will say to yourself "Ahhh...NOW I am glad I aspirate - it does a body GOOOOD!"

College Kid is offline New Member
    Everwhere I have read....I have read to definetly asperate...however, some sites said when you do see blood push the blood back in and then take the needle out and try again and other articles said to take the needle out blood and all and try agian in another site. I think the later is the better choice because if you put the blood back in you could possible inject some of the roids. Do you guys agree?

samoth is offline Member
    Quite honestly, theres been some debate for awhile between vets regarding the importance of aspirating AS. But I agree with those on this board, better safe than sorry, especially since most of us have no 'real' medical knowledge in this aspect. I have yet to find a real medical opinion on this matter. BTW, it doesn't really matter if you push the blood back in or not.
    --Thomas

Shredz is offline Respected Member
    I agree college kid..and while you have to needle out..might as well give it a once over for air pockets..and if you are really smart..i would even change that tip...

TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator

Cool Arrrrrrrggggggh!

Originally posted by College Kid
    however, some sites said when you do see blood push the blood back in and then take the needle out and try again and other articles said to take the needle out blood and all and try agian in another site. I think the later is the better choice because if you put the blood back in you could possible inject some of the roids. Do you guys agree?
    Good boy, CK! You've got common sense - not to mention the good taste to ask the question on a reliable board like this one.

Believe me, your vein won't miss that tiny bit of blood that appears in a needle when you aspirate . And even if you use the same needle to inject into a muscle, your muscle won't die because of that tiny bit of blood that came from the first needle stick.

That's not to say that if you had pushed the blood back into the vein it would have killed you, but it sure would have wasted some of the dose you put into the needle. AS are done by intramuscular injection, so any consequences notwithstanding, that's where they should go.

You are, therefore, correct - if you find any blood in the needle, do not push it back into the vein. Also, remember that any blood in the needle should be minimal, as the aspiration process means pulling the needle back very little - once you see only a drop of blood, you know you've hit the wrong spot, so you dont need to aspirate any more than that.

nautica is offline Associate Member
    Dude try this:

Mainline 75mg's of fina just one time.

If you survive you will completely understand the importance of aspirating.

Nautica

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    Originally posted by nautica
    Dude try this:

Mainline 75mg's of fina just one time.

If you survive you will completely understand the importance of aspirating.

Nautica
    Or don't and just say you did.

vanjag is offline Junior Member
    Aspirating is a must! Anything that you inject and hit a blood vessel, uless it is a physiological solution (0.09% solution of Sodium Chloride), or blood of your own group and Rh factor will hurt you in some way. It doesn't have to cause you heart attack, or a stroke or pulmonary oedema, if it's only 1cc it probably wont, but if you inject straight into a vein it may cause thrombosis, and that means you will have a blod clot in your vein, it will be hard and you risk possible infection. For that you have the option of trying to "melt" it with medications, or have a minor surgery to remove the thrombus. Or, you can irritate the vessel walls so that you get an inflamation of a vessel, which is in a way similar to thrombosis, since thrombosis usually follows inflamation of a blood vessel. In any case, it'a a pain in the ass, and a little aspiration takes care of it all.

If you do get blood, it will be maximum 0.1cc, you will know that you hit the vessel, there's no need to pull out a gallon of blood to be sure. In that case, just pull back, swich needles, and shoot again in a different spot. There is no medical evidence that this little blood will hurt, it will get resorbed back into the lymph pathways, and you'll be OK.

Hope it helps!

V

The Iron Game Guest
    I do for quads and glutes and the chest when I did it, never done with biceps, triceps, delts or calves. If you get the chance do it though

bex
    bex is offline Banned
    I would always asprate it would be like being blind you just dont know were you are going..better to be safe than sorry..

Thread Information