Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Bio-Active

Thread: Need opinions!

D2'd is offline Junior Member

Need opinions!

Just finished a test / tren run and about to start PCT. Trying to plan the next cycle and I'm torn between trying a short burst style cycle (4-6 weeks) or a longer traditional cycle. When on a longer 10+ week cycle, I find it really difficult to maintain the level of calorie consumption required to continue to gain so I'm wondering if I can't do mini bursts of eating and AAS within the long cycle. For example;

week 1-15 Test E 500mg/week
    week 1,3,5 etc Test Suspension 75mg ED
    week 1-16 Adex .5 EOD
    week 17-21 PCT
    week 1-16 HCG 500mg/week

The odd weeks where the suspension is added I'd up the calories by 50% or from 4000ish to 6000ish....thoughts? Just trying to work around getting fed up (ha) with trying to jam all that food down my throat for weeks on end...

This is cycle # 15 or so..
    5'8"
    208#
    15-17% BF
    41 years old

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    Bro if you eat more to get bigger on cycle then lower cals after cycle.You will lose your gains.You need to eat more to support that new muscle.

Agreed, that's why I'm asking about varying the calorie consumption during the cycle. I'm OK with eating more after to support the new tissue, but it doesn't have to be 6000/day like I like to hit while on cycle.

Bump for more thoughts....

bigsiv is offline Productive Member
    I think you need to look into your diet a bit more. You've done 15 cycles and only 208 lbs? Doesn't make sense

Over a 20 year span.... also the first cycles in the early 90's were done half ass, as not all compounds were available and PCT was non existent. Anyway.....
    Last edited by D2'd; 05-19-2013 at 07:41 AM.

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    Cycling should make it easier to reduce bf as well so you can be on a calorie deficit and preserve muscle while reducing bf

bigsiv is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by D2'd
    Over a 20 year span....
    Fair enough

Lunk1 is offline aka "JOB"
    I dont get the odd week addition of suspension and changing your cals up and down? The effectsof dieting are cumlative over longer periods of time and those bumps could be wasteing the work put into the diet. Maybe I;m reading this wrong though???

The plan is too always be in a calorie surplus but the odd weeks ramp everything up, food/training/AAS. Truthfully I find it hard to eat big week after week, so this way I'd get a bit of a reprieve from the big calorie numbers every other week

Lunk1 is offline aka "JOB"
    So what do you feel the addition of the suspension woukld be...other than causing messed up blood levels?

The plan is too always be in a calorie surplus but the odd weeks ramp everything up, food/training/AAS. Truthfully I find it hard to eat big week after week, so this way I'd get a bit of a reprieve from the big calorie numbers every other week
    What are your goals of cycling?

One of my first cycles was with test suspension, and honestly I've never looked or felt better on cycle. That was 20 years ago though, and I haven't touched suspension since, and I'm itching to try it again. Also, I'm not convinced that the fluctuating blood levels of T, would be much different than dosing Dbol or Anavar once per day(???) I'm no expert, that's why I'm here, but I wonder why the body naturally "pulses" test in response to diet/exercise/sleep?

Quote Originally Posted by jim230027 View Post
    What are your goals of cycling?
    I'd like to push the bodyweight up to about 215 - 220 or so before cutting.

I'd like to push the bodyweight up to about 215 - 220 or so before cutting.
    Gotcha have you posted up your nutrition plan in the forum? The easiest way to get those additional calories is by adding more fats. It's just hard not to put on bf while eating a calorie surplus this is why I like to get as lean as possible before bulking. I would suggest a clean bulk to achieve your goals
    D2'd likes this.

Ante2212 is offline New Member
    What are u trying to do?.......
    I'm also 41yo 5'7" started lifting 3 years back after 7 year of nothing, two weeks age is was at 205lbs with 14% bf only on TRT and my diet was in check not perfect but in check.
    As of Friday I'am 208 13.2% bf all I did was make sure that my diet was giving me the right combination that I needed to accomplish my goals, diet is all, but dont understand what it is u are trying to do?
    Last edited by Ante2212; 05-19-2013 at 12:12 PM. Reason: add info

Thread Information