Euroholic is offline "ARs Pork Eating Crusader"

Question about lh and fsh

I never use clomid cause im scared of the vision sides. I only use tamox so my lh is hi but my fsh is low.

My lh is 7 with a range of 2-9 but my fsh is 3 with a range of 2-12. I want my fsh to be higher so basicly my question is does tamox increase lh and clomid fsh? Im 25 free test is 500. Im 5 months post cycle.

Ta

Would it do any good to run a clomid cycle?

Bumps

AD
    AD is offline Knowledgeable Member
    i don't think nolva specifically targets LH and clomid specifically targets FSH.

both should stimulate both.

gearbox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Next pct I would run clomid as well just do a low dose. Like 50/50/25/25. The forum tends to go a lot higher then I am.comfortable with but natty test being shut down for so long a nice jolt is a good idea

So they target both or one does the other?

Quote Originally Posted by gearbox View Post
    Next pct I would run clomid as well just do a low dose. Like 50/50/25/25. The forum tends to go a lot higher then I am.comfortable with but natty test being shut down for so long a nice jolt is a good idea
    Yea i see people doing 100

Lunk1 is offline aka "JOB"
    They are essentially the same thing and work in the same fashion. Some will argue that using both is a waste and if I had to choose one it would be Nolva over Clomid.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunk1 View Post
    They are essentially the same thing and work in the same fashion. Some will argue that using both is a waste and if I had to choose one it would be Nolva over Clomid.
    Then why is my lh high but fsh low?

AD
    LH and FSH dont have to be numerically identical. your readings of LH=7 and FSH=3 looks ok to me.

gearbox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    They act similarly. But differently at the same time.

The both work the exact same to lower estrogen post cycle and stimulate the hypothalamus to start natty test production. the only real difference between the 2 is that Nolva is 3-4X stronger.

Nolva requires much lower doses than Clomid and it works better with less sides. While it is against the grain of the board I will never use Clomid again. It's a waste and causes un-neccessary issues that can be avoided.

AD
    technically, serms work by competing with estro and occupying the estro receptors and yet without activating the receptors to produce any estro effects. in the hypothalamus and pituitary, estrogen binding to the receptors produce a very strong negative feedback to LH and FSH production. so when the serms bind to these receptors and produce little or no effects, the negative feedback is blocked. circulating estro levels are just as before, but since they can't bind to the receptors, they cannot exert the negative feedback effects.

AD
    when serms bind to estro receptors, it is not a permanent bond. so the higher dose of serms used, will probably get a better effect. but this is limited to the side effects you get when you increase the dose. when you use 2 serms, the effect is even better as estro then will have to compete with 2 compounds, instead of one, for the receptors. nolva also changes the characteristics of clomid to make it bind even more strongly to the estro receptors.

this may be why using both is better than using either one. but whether you need this extra boost in pct depends on your cycle and the state of your HPTA. it may not be necessary, but it really does have a stronger effect.

I may have dumbed it down a bit AD but I thought I essentially said the same thing..minus the Nolva making the Clomid more effective. I have never heard that before.

Nolvadex has a direct influence on bringing back natural testosterone , where as Clomid may actually have a slight negative influence.
    The reason being that tamoxifen (as in Nolvadex) seems to increase the responsiveness of LH (luteinizing hormone) to GnRH (gonadtropin releasing hormone), whereas Clomid seems to decrease the responsiveness a bit.

AD
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunk1 View Post
    I may have dumbed it down a bit AD but I thought I essentially said the same thing..minus the Nolva making the Clomid more effective. I have never heard that before.

Nolvadex has a direct influence on bringing back natural testosterone , where as Clomid may actually have a slight negative influence.
    The reason being that tamoxifen (as in Nolvadex) seems to increase the responsiveness of LH (luteinizing hormone) to GnRH (gonadtropin releasing hormone), whereas Clomid seems to decrease the responsiveness a bit.
    Let me check. Will get back to you

Okay cheers lads. So no clomid does not increase fsh yes?

AD
    Quote Originally Posted by Euroholic View Post
    Okay cheers lads. So no clomid does not increase fsh yes?
    If you ask me, i think clomid will raise both lh and fsh. Nolva will raise both too.

Okay cool. Ahh i miss that attomni guy

Fllifter is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Euroholic
    Okay cool. Ahh i miss that attomni guy
    Haha that's funny

Thread Information