cory15000 is offline New Member

Torn ACL - What to use?

Fully tore my ACL February of 2012 and had surgery last August (hamstring). My surgeon has suggested waiting the full 12 months before getting back into sports, and I have listened and followed his and PT's advice thus far. Recently had a discussion with him about playing this up coming season of box lacrosse, which will put it at around 9 months post op - looking to get a knee brace just to be safe. I don't know much about AAS but am curious as to what is out there that may help with recovery. Its already pretty late in my recovery, but anyone that has been in similar situation (ACL reconstruction) that has had positive results by using AAS? I have actively done PT weekly following the surgery and the surgeon has said it is looking good but it is still risky to go full into playing, unfortunately box is a short season and I hope to be playing within the next month. Worth it to pursue AAS or just stick to PT and use a knee brace. Not looking to use to get absolutely shredded, more or less to add strength to the surrounding muscles. Have read a bunch about HGH - costly and a bit to extreme for me. Completely new to the idea of AAS and would love some insight!

Dougiefresh7707 is offline Senior Member
    IMO let it heal if you start a cycle even if you know what your doin training wise you can injure yourself again and then your out another 12 or longer! That's no good I never had torn acl and I know they are bad but I had a hurnia that took me out of football, I didn't listen and worked out again luckly didn't tear it but messed up the recovery and built up alot of scar tissue. Aas is able to help injuries in some ways but I don't think it's gunna help your acl if you start getting on it hard. Just my opinion I'm no expert on the subject alot of knowledgable members here that might have had a similar situation tho.and if you want more answers post this in the rehab/injuries section probably get more feedback.
    Last edited by Dougiefresh7707; 05-20-2013 at 10:41 PM.

calstate23 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by cory15000 View Post
    Fully tore my ACL February of 2012 and had surgery last August (hamstring). My surgeon has suggested waiting the full 12 months before getting back into sports, and I have listened and followed his and PT's advice thus far. Recently had a discussion with him about playing this up coming season of box lacrosse, which will put it at around 9 months post op - looking to get a knee brace just to be safe. I don't know much about AAS but am curious as to what is out there that may help with recovery. Its already pretty late in my recovery, but anyone that has been in similar situation (ACL reconstruction) that has had positive results by using AAS? I have actively done PT weekly following the surgery and the surgeon has said it is looking good but it is still risky to go full into playing, unfortunately box is a short season and I hope to be playing within the next month. Worth it to pursue AAS or just stick to PT and use a knee brace. Not looking to use to get absolutely shredded, more or less to add strength to the surrounding muscles. Have read a bunch about HGH - costly and a bit to extreme for me. Completely new to the idea of AAS and would love some insight!
    You can take this and that which everyone "claims" to help...But the only drug that helps THE MOST is gh and igf-1...IT IS THE PRECURSOR to growth...Including cartilage which nothing else compares to...

Gh causes your body to produce IGF-1 (Insulin like Growth Factor)...Meaning, it does exactly what it says promotes growth..growth of cells...You can't get better then that...

Will it make your knee like brand new? Maybe not, but it will get you the closest to recovery you will ever get...It's worth EVERY penny in my opinion...If your doc said give me 5K and I'll make your knee perfect, would you do it? Of course you would...So why not spend the money and TREMENDOUSLY INCREASE your chances of full recovery?

calstate23 is offline Banned
    And by the way, I'm not saying take GH and then go play...I would not play if I were you even if on GH...When you are on that borderline period there is no point to push it...Wait until you are fully beyond healed 100% before you go back...

Believe me, it's WAY WAY WORSE to re-injure yourself and have to start ALL OVER AGAIN...And not only ALL OVER AGAIN but also TREMENDOUSLY INCREASE your chances of NOT EVER fully recovering or at all...The more you re-injure a bad injury the more your chances decrease of full recovery...

If I were you I would continue to not play as bad as it sucks...But it will pay off FAR MORE in the long run....Run gh 5-7 iu's a day and continue to strengthen through PT...With the gh in blood you will keep recovering faster and stronger...By the time you are fully recovered you will be MUCH MUCH better off...

ripped_k1d is offline New Member
    As somebody who has had 2 UCL revisions...

ACL= knee
    UCL= Elbow..

Don't rush it, I retore my UCL 11months after surgery pitching. Make sure you go hard in rehab and take support supps. This second time around im doing GH, TB-500 to make sure I have a full recovery.,,

Thread Information