Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Metalject

Thread: 280 ng/dl testosterone report at 20 y/o

scottr99 is offline New Member

280 ng/dl testosterone report at 20 y/o

I'm a college football player and noticed I started to feel really tired and beat up all the time. I got a blood test and it showed my testosterone is 290 ng/dl. My doctor, however, feels my test levels aren't low enough for TRT. I honestly don't what to so I going to start a cycle. Its more than just for athletic purposes I'm just sick of feeling like crap all the time. I was think either a moderate dosage of Anavar or Test C. I'm a linebacker and I'm 16 weeks out from training camp. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

MartyMcFly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scottr99 View Post
    I'm a college football player and noticed I started to feel really tired and beat up all the time. I got a blood test and it showed my testosterone is 290 ng/dl. My doctor, however, feels my test levels aren't low enough for TRT. I honestly don't what to so I going to start a cycle. Its more than just for athletic purposes I'm just sick of feeling like crap all the time. I was think either a moderate dosage of Anavar or Test C. I'm a linebacker and I'm 16 weeks out from training camp. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    I would see some more doctors. I'm a decade older and have double your levels. At your age there is a greater chance of it being something other than natural decline. Don't do a cycle, see another MD.

Others will elaborate.

Lunk1 is offline aka "JOB"
    You need to find the cause of your low level. Cyclyng may likely harm you more than help you. There may be a chance your issue can be reversed. Why risk TRT for life at 20?>

BBJT200 is offline Senior Member
    these guys are right. Low test does not mean you need trt, often there is an underlying cause (which is much more of a problem than your low T) and that needs to be sorted out first. If you cycle, it's like putting on a bandaid

Fllifter is offline Associate Member
    Have you used any pro hormones or AAS is the past?

I have never touched an AAS or prohormone. I was a very succelful powerlifter setting a couple teen national records and in Olympic Weightlifting which is why this hit me by storm. I've already seen another doctor and waiting for a blood test back. But its a time game right now I'm 16 weeks from training camp and I need to be ready to go which is why I'm considering AAS.

Lunk1 is offline aka "JOB"
    I have never touched an AAS or prohormone. I was a very succelful powerlifter setting a couple teen national records and in Olympic Weightlifting which is why this hit me by storm. I've already seen another doctor and waiting for a blood test back. But its a time game right now I'm 16 weeks from training camp and I need to be ready to go which is why I'm considering AAS.
    So this isn't REALLY about TRT..it's about you wanting cycle advice

Don't get me wrong I would do TRT is I could but I've seend two doctors already and looks like the second is going to say it isn't low enough for TRT which is frustrating. But cycle advice would be greatly appreciated, once again wants to say thanks to everyone who's replied in this forum I'm definitely frustrated and looking to getting all the help I can. I was thinking a moderate dosage of Anavar or light dosage of Test C. since I'm a linebacker I gotta stay fairly lean and mobile.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunk1 View Post
    So this isn't REALLY about TRT..it's about you wanting cycle advice
    Sort of, but you're oversimplifying it.

Don't get me wrong I would do TRT is I could but I've seend two doctors already and looks like the second is going to say it isn't low enough for TRT which is frustrating. But cycle advice would be greatly appreciated, once again wants to say thanks to everyone who's replied in this forum I'm definitely frustrated and looking to getting all the help I can. I was thinking a moderate dosage of Anavar or light dosage of Test C. since I'm a linebacker I gotta stay fairly lean and mobile.
    280ng/dL is around what I had when I was diagnosed. It IS within range for treatment; you just have to find a doctor that doesnt have their head up their ass.
    Get your TRT issues squared away, there is more to life than football. Trust me, you'll regret not taking care of this as a first priority.

Appreciate the input mate. Already seen 3 doctors hopefully third is a charm. Quick question what about supplement like clomid, tamoxifen and other pct type supplements.

BBrian is offline Productive Member
    The body requires certain nutrients to produce testosterone . You're not one of those hippy vegans are you?

Have you ever tried taking something along the lines of tribulus terrestris?

Metalject is offline Knowledgeable Member
    While low testosterone levels aren't all that common at your age they can be a little more common in young men who've put their body under a lot of physical stress for long periods of time. I'm not saying this is why your levels are low but it could be a factor. And yes, 280 is low by any standard or at least any said standard at any age.
    havanakid likes this.

Haha na Brian I'm not a vegan my diet is very solid, I was actually getting a diet done similar to the high fat approach by meadows, also tried lower fat approach, prefer the high fat diet. Metalject I know I don't want to admit it but your right on point. I was competiting seriously in powerlifting and strongman since I was 14 years old. I was even competing in olympic lifitin when I was 11,12,13. Thing is on not about to just give in, I'm a college football player and I've come too far too give up. Which is why I'm considering AAS.

Thread Information