Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By chi
  • 1 Post By tdoe11
  • 1 Post By human project
  • 1 Post By havanakid

Thread: Stopped Growing - What's Wrong?

dinogoesrawr is offline Associate Member

Stopped Growing - What's Wrong?

I've been eating a 3-3.5k cal diet daily with 300-350g ish protein and carbs and <90g fat.

I've been training very hard in the gym and the weights I'm lifting/recovery/etc is improving significantly every session.

I'm taking a couple of steroids that should help me gain faster like test cyp and anavar .

Despite all of this - although I have seen changes - in the past month I have seen or experienced no changes on my body. None of my muscle is thicker then before. None of my muscle is bigger then before. I'm the same measurements I was 1 month ago basically - weight and otherwise.

I tried upping the calories again but I then get to the stage where I just get stomach fat instead of actually mass gain so went back to 3-3.5k.

Perhaps there is something wrong with my body? I feel the pump in the gym but nothing seems to 'stick' enough for me to keep growing if that makes sense? I do take creatine tablets etc so I'm not sure what in doing wrong.

I work out 3 sessions a week, do cardio 3x a week, and have never ever skipped a session. I do change up exercises to 'shock' my body. My intention is not to get huge but get some muscle on me so my bones show up less. But if someone saw my chest pic they wouldn't believe I even worked out. According to my PT and my friend who is a PT I should be growing like a weed... But I'm not (chest etc mainly - legs are growing - arms grew but stopped - back is ok).

Any ideas? I'm happy to see a doc but idk what to tell them to test lol.

Stats: 6'0, 13 stone steady, BF is about 15% I would say but don't quote me on that.

bigdicklittleballs is offline New Member
    I've experienced this before. For me, my body just became accustomed to the stack I was taking. I've hit two plateaus in the past. The first time I added Trenbolone Enanthate along with Testosterone Cypionate and a month of Anadrol 50. That blew me way past anywhere I'd been before. After that cycle I went back to my normal stack. The second time I plateaued I went with HGH, that helped push me through as well.

Careful with the Tren though.... Some people are very sensitive to the sides.

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    How long have you been on?

Weight gain so far?

Is your gear legit?

Do you train hard enough?

Your protein is too high. Drop it to 250g and replace with extra carbs.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Quote Originally Posted by bigdicklittleballs
    I've experienced this before. For me, my body just became accustomed to the stack I was taking. I've hit two plateaus in the past. The first time I added Trenbolone Enanthate along with Testosterone Cypionate and a month of Anadrol 50. That blew me way past anywhere I'd been before. After that cycle I went back to my normal stack. The second time I plateaued I went with HGH, that helped push me through as well.

Careful with the Tren though.... Some people are very sensitive to the sides.
    Suggesting people add compounds when you don't know the full facts is a little cavalier IMO. Suggesting tren when you know even less about the OP is more so.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

havanakid is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dinogoesrawr View Post
    I've been eating a 3-3.5k cal diet daily with 300-350g ish protein and carbs and <90g fat.

I've been training very hard in the gym and the weights I'm lifting/recovery/etc is improving significantly every session.

I'm taking a couple of steroids that should help me gain faster like test cyp and anavar .

Despite all of this - although I have seen changes - in the past month I have seen or experienced no changes on my body. None of my muscle is thicker then before. None of my muscle is bigger then before. I'm the same measurements I was 1 month ago basically - weight and otherwise.

I tried upping the calories again but I then get to the stage where I just get stomach fat instead of actually mass gain so went back to 3-3.5k.

Perhaps there is something wrong with my body? I feel the pump in the gym but nothing seems to 'stick' enough for me to keep growing if that makes sense? I do take creatine tablets etc so I'm not sure what in doing wrong.

I work out 3 sessions a week, do cardio 3x a week, and have never ever skipped a session. I do change up exercises to 'shock' my body. My intention is not to get huge but get some muscle on me so my bones show up less. But if someone saw my chest pic they wouldn't believe I even worked out. According to my PT and my friend who is a PT I should be growing like a weed... But I'm not (chest etc mainly - legs are growing - arms grew but stopped - back is ok).

Any ideas? I'm happy to see a doc but idk what to tell them to test lol.

Stats: 6'0, 13 stone steady, BF is about 15% I would say but don't quote me on that.
    Well you are 22 so maybe you havent built enough of a base to cycle.Also personally I dont think 3 times a week of weightlifting is enough and then again maybe there is something wrong with you in which case you may need to see a doctor and see whats really goin on but steroids may not be the answer.

krugerr is offline Knowledgeable Member
    At your height, 183lbs is a little light in my opinion, that's only around 150lbs lean at your BF%. What's your TDEE? Cycle experience? Age?
    What's your diet? Are you actually eating the amount you say you are? Training experience? Are you training intense enough to cause growth?

Many questions, lots of possible reasons you're not growing.

auswest is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    There is a 500 calorie difference on a daily basis in your diet, the way you say "ish" means it could be even greater.. What are you actually eating each day, 500 calories is generally the difference between losing/maintaining/gaining weight depending on tdee ect....

I don't gain on 3500-3600cals at 5.8 176ish lbs just to put things into perspective.

You need to stay consistent with diet and know your body to increase/decrease as necessary...

You've mentioned you've tried upping your calories but gained fat, you need to find the balance plus allow enough time for your body to adjust..

I don't take tren and never have.

I only take test cyp (2x a week for 8 weeks, 3x a week for 4 weeks) and HCG (once a week). I take tamoxifen x1 a day and anavar 50mg x1 a day. This is my only cycle experience. I did try going natural but because I'm veg and was very weak (and desperate for change) I took some roids to help me. I haven't had side effects that I know of.

Yup I've gained weight. I was 75kg before any cycle. I am now a steady 13 stone (82-83kg) although I checked this morning before breakfast and was 84-85kg. But I will check again. Gear is 'branded' and seems legit to me. I am much stronger for sure and I don't think it's down to the diet only as I did train naturally and didn't experience the strength gains I am with roids.

Lol light? So many fitness models are my height and weight and look totally different to me if you saw my pic you probably wouldn't believe I was the above weight.

Protein - I calculated it using myfitnesspal which includes protein from food like pasta also. So protein from whey/milk etc comes to about 250g sorry I should have been more clear. Yes I follow the diet to the letter and never cheat. I like eating healthy and drinking water and have never had bad habits nutrition wise so it's 'easy' for me. I will copy/paste my diet and post it here later on.

I train with a PT who does push me. I am sore after workouts but recover pretty quickly (it's never sore for more then 30 mins anymore). Sometimes I get back ache or something - probably due to bad form - but this rarely happens anymore.

I'm 23. I'm happy to see a doc but I'm clueless what to tell them and what they should test.

I don't take tren and never have.

I only take test cyp (2x a week for 8 weeks, 3x a week for 4 weeks) and HCG (once a week). I take tamoxifen x1 a day and anavar 50mg x1 a day. This is my only cycle experience. I did try going natural but because I'm veg and was very weak (and desperate for change) I took some roids to help me. I haven't had side effects that I know of.

Yup I've gained weight. I was 75kg before any cycle. I am now a steady 13 stone (82-83kg) although I checked this morning before breakfast and was 84-85kg. But I will check again. Gear is 'branded' and seems legit to me. I am much stronger for sure and I don't think it's down to the diet only as I did train naturally and didn't experience the strength gains I am with roids.

Lol light? So many fitness models are my height and weight and look totally different to me if you saw my pic you probably wouldn't believe I was the above weight.

Protein - I calculated it using myfitnesspal which includes protein from food like pasta also. So protein from whey/milk etc comes to about 250g sorry I should have been more clear. Yes I follow the diet to the letter and never cheat. I like eating healthy and drinking water and have never had bad habits nutrition wise so it's 'easy' for me. I will copy/paste my diet and post it here later on.

I train with a PT who does push me. I am sore after workouts but recover pretty quickly (it's never sore for more then 30 mins anymore). Sometimes I get back ache or something - probably due to bad form - but this rarely happens anymore.

I'm 23. I'm happy to see a doc but I'm clueless what to tell them and what they should test.
    Put up a pic bro.Lets see what kind of base youre working with

How long have you been on?
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

covertking is offline New Member
    1. how long have you been training in general?
    2. post up your diet.
    and your work out.

chi
    chi is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Please answer B.I.B

Do you train legs? 3 workouts a week has me suspect you aren't training hard enough. That is the number one wrong thing I see in the gym on a daily basis. You need to train to gain not train to maintain which means pushing your body to the limits and when you don't have two more reps you squeeze out two more reps!!!

You also mentioned you had to adjust your diet because you were eating a lot more and you were only putting on in the midsection. That says your diet was not on check and you were more then likely eating crappy processed food. Get in the diet section and learn.

BIB - I've completed 8 weeks and am now on week 2 of 5 on the new cycle. So a total of 10 weeks.

Training in general - in the gym - 4 months. Outside of the gym - been doing cardio mainly - for years.

Yes I train legs every week. I train myself so I'm sore and do squeeze out a few extra reps even if it kills me. Sometimes I have to sit for 5-10 mins after a workout because I literally drain myself (and my PT ensures I drain myself too).

I adjusted the diet but apparently I wasn't putting on in the mid-section - it was a side effect of comparing my before/after in between a cycle. PT said to finish the cycle and then compare. My stomach has leaned and I've lost some water which means I've not really 'put on' on my waist as such. I have put on weight and its showing in my arms/upper chest but the actual growth seems to have stunned i.e. I'm not getting bigger - just staying the same but getting heavier if that makes sense?

Diet:

Breakfast:
    Fibre cereal (50g), 300ml milk (total), egg protein powder (50g)
    Anavar tablet x 1 50mg

Snack:
    5 x HumaPro tablets
    4 x Creatine tablets

Lunch:
    200g wholewheat pasta, 250g pasta sauce (with veges), 50g cheese, 120g mixed lentils
    Vitamin tablets - C, magnesium, zinc and flaxseed oil

Snack:
    5 x HumaPro tablets

Dinner:
    Vegetable/lentil curry, brown rice, plain yogurt (little bit), some bread e.g. naan.

Snack:
    5 x HumaPro tablets

Before sleep:
    75g whey, 300ml milk, 1/4 cup vital wheat gluten, 1/3 cup porridge oats (gives me energy for the next days workout), 2 tbsp ground almonds

I'm swapping whole milk to semi-skimmed to reduce fat/up protein. I cook everything myself (except dinner). No oils, salts or extra fats etc in anything.

Comes to 3.5k calories, 400g carbs, 100g fat, 340g protein according to myfitnesspal.
    Last edited by dinogoesrawr; 05-22-2013 at 08:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by havanakid View Post
    Put up a pic bro.Lets see what kind of base youre working with
    Happy to PM a pic but prefer to not show it publicly just yet.... if you want to see please PM me and I'll send one over. Thanks!

That's 3900cals not 3500.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

chi
    BIB - I've completed 8 weeks and am now on week 2 of 5 on the new cycle. So a total of 10 weeks.

Training in general - in the gym - 4 months. Outside of the gym - been doing cardio mainly - for years.

Yes I train legs every week. I train myself so I'm sore and do squeeze out a few extra reps even if it kills me. Sometimes I have to sit for 5-10 mins after a workout because I literally drain myself (and my PT ensures I drain myself too).

I adjusted the diet but apparently I wasn't putting on in the mid-section - it was a side effect of comparing my before/after in between a cycle. PT said to finish the cycle and then compare. My stomach has leaned and I've lost some water which means I've not really 'put on' on my waist as such. I have put on weight and its showing in my arms/upper chest but the actual growth seems to have stunned i.e. I'm not getting bigger - just staying the same but getting heavier if that makes sense?

Diet:

Breakfast:
    Fibre cereal (50g), 300ml milk (total), egg protein powder (50g)
    Anavar tablet x 1 50mg

Snack:
    5 x HumaPro tablets
    4 x Creatine tablets

Lunch:
    200g wholewheat pasta, 250g pasta sauce (with veges), 50g cheese, 120g mixed lentils
    Vitamin tablets - C, magnesium, zinc and flaxseed oil

Snack:
    5 x HumaPro tablets

Dinner:
    Vegetable/lentil curry, brown rice, plain yogurt (little bit), some bread e.g. naan.

Snack:
    5 x HumaPro tablets

Before sleep:
    75g whey, 300ml milk, 1/4 cup vital wheat gluten, 1/3 cup porridge oats (gives me energy for the next days workout), 2 tbsp ground almonds

I'm swapping whole milk to semi-skimmed to reduce fat/up protein. I cook everything myself (except dinner). No oils, salts or extra fats etc in anything.

Comes to 3.5k calories, 400g carbs, 100g fat, 340g protein according to myfitnesspal.
    where are your proteins my man? Seems like you are getting in your carbs just fine but you need some animal proteins in that diet and not just from shakes!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black View Post
    That's 3900cals not 3500.
    Myfitnesspal says just over 3500
    Forgot to say I don't eat the cereal on training days (3x a week) - the above diet is the same otherwise.
    Last edited by dinogoesrawr; 05-22-2013 at 08:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chi View Post
    where are your proteins my man? Seems like you are getting in your carbs just fine but you need some animal proteins in that diet and not just from shakes!!!
    I'm vegetarian (eat/drink everything EXCEPT meat/fish).
    (Please no massive discussion about why being veg sucks - I already know lol)

chi
    I'm vegetarian (eat/drink everything EXCEPT meat/fish).
    (Please no massive discussion about why being veg sucks - I already know lol)
    ahh ok well that definitely is going to be tougher to help on
    havanakid likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dinogoesrawr

Myfitnesspal says just over 3500
    Forgot to say I don't eat the cereal on training days (3x a week) - the above diet is the same otherwise.
    Then your macros are off if your calories are correct.

Again, way too much protein.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Quote Originally Posted by chi View Post
    ahh ok well that definitely is going to be tougher to help on
    Yups! I should still be growing though because I'm taking everything else possible.

Then your macros are off if your calories are correct.

Again, way too much protein.
    Remember myfitnesspal takes into account protein from stuff like pasta which doesn't really count. All in all protein comes to 250g ish (whey, milk, egg protein, HumaPro, wheat gluten powder, almonds).
    Last edited by dinogoesrawr; 05-22-2013 at 09:02 AM.

Remember myfitnesspal takes into account protein from stuff like pasta which doesn't really count. All in all protein probably comes to 250g ish (whey, milk, HumaPro, almonds).
    Why doesn't it count? Is it not protein? Is it calorie free?
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Why doesn't it count? Is it not protein? Is it calorie free?
    Oh I was told on another forum it doesn't count. Only whey etc counts.... like something can have protein in it but not count as a source (or something like that).
    Either way is having more protein such a bad thing?

human project is offline Knowledgeable Member~Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by havanakid

Well you are 22 so maybe you havent built enough of a base to cycle.Also personally I dont think 3 times a week of weightlifting is enough and then again maybe there is something wrong with you in which case you may need to see a doctor and see whats really goin on but steroids may not be the answer.
    There's nothing wrong with 3 lifts per week....
    I've had great gains with a push pull legs split.... This way your fully recovered and are able to push your self way past failure.... Even when I'm on huge cycles 5 and 6 day splits cause me to not be able to push my workouts to absolute failure..... Sometimes ill rest two days and other times ill take off an entire week.... I would never hit the gym without being 100% in the area I'm training.....

Quote Originally Posted by human project View Post
    I've had great gains with a push pull legs split.... This way your fully recovered and are able to push your self way past failure.... Even when I'm on huge cycles 5 and 6 day splits cause me to not be able to push my workouts to absolute failure..... Sometimes ill rest two days and other times ill take off an entire week.... I would never hit the gym without being 100% in the area I'm training.....
    Yea I train Mon/Wed/Fri so I get a break between to rest. This ensures I can give 110% and I do! I sleep well too (average 8 hours proper sleep per day). I did grow but its sort of 'stopped' e.g. arms went from 12' to 14' in a few months and over the past month they haven't grown even 1mm even though I've almost doubled the weight I can lift. :S Not sure what I'm doing wrong...

I'm gaining weight and its steady but the 'growth' doesn't seem to 'stick' visibly... just the weight does. Am I making sense?
    Last edited by dinogoesrawr; 05-22-2013 at 09:16 AM.

Blog Entries

Yea I train Mon/Wed/Fri so I get a break between to rest. This ensures I can give 110% and I do! I sleep well too (average 8 hours proper sleep per day). I did grow but its sort of 'stopped' e.g. arms went from 12' to 14' in a few months and over the past month they haven't grown even 1mm even though I've almost doubled the weight I can lift. :S Not sure what I'm doing wrong...

I'm gaining weight and its steady but the 'growth' doesn't seem to 'stick' visibly... just the weight does. Am I making sense?
    My arms haven't grown 2inches since I started using steroids bro..... Gains don't always come
    In leaps and bounds..... I'd be happy with 10lbs a year....

chi
    My arms haven't grown 2inches since I started using steroids bro..... Gains don't always come

Hp you are also a fricking hoss man so of course gains are going to come a lot harder haha

OP, eventually gains stop, even on cycle. My prop gains stop at 6 weeks. It's up to you if you continue the cycle but I'd be tempted to cut it short and run PCT accordingly. It means you can get back on cycle 2 weeks quicker if its your intention to cycle again.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Oh I was told on another forum it doesn't count. Only whey etc counts.... like something can have protein in it but not count as a source (or something like that).
    Either way is having more protein such a bad thing?
    It may not be a complete protein but it still has calories. And when combined with other foods containing amino's then a complete protein is made.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

OP, eventually gains stop, even on cycle. My prop gains stop at 6 weeks. It's up to you if you continue the cycle but I'd be tempted to cut it short and run PCT accordingly. It means you can get back on cycle 2 weeks quicker if its your intention to cycle again.
    I see. My PT told me that I'm taking HCG already so I won't need PCT.... :s is he wrong? I will get the exact names and quantities and post it up and follow your advice. I have paid for the full cycle but I can definitely take a break if I want. The issue I'm having with cycling is I'm taking strength but not really size (apart from arms and a bit of definition on my legs). Therefore i thought maybe my diet was wrong? Any ideas?

I see. My PT told me that I'm taking HCG already so I won't need PCT.... :s is he wrong? I will get the exact names and quantities and post it up and follow your advice. I have paid for the full cycle but I can definitely take a break if I want. The issue I'm having with cycling is I'm taking strength but not really size (apart from arms and a bit of definition on my legs). Therefore i thought maybe my diet was wrong? Any ideas?
    I have an idea. Sack your fvcking cvnt of a PT and spend your money on PCT products from Ar-r . He is an imbecile. Is he your dealer too?

Then you need to learn to sort your diet and how to train. 13stone at your height and with that body fat is a poor base to even think about AAS.
    Last edited by Back In Black; 05-22-2013 at 03:04 PM.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

AlinSR is offline new member
    Hell yeah, I'm ecstatic with 10lbs of stage weight.

tdoe11 is offline Senior Member
    Dude. Doing cardio 3 times a week is killing ya. Lift 6 days a week if you must go 6 days. Do a split that hits everybody part every three days. I wouldn't grow either only lifting 3 days a week and burning calories the other days.
    Last edited by tdoe11; 05-23-2013 at 08:45 AM.
    havanakid likes this.

Yes and no.For you with your stats and me with my stats sure we can get away with 3 intense workouts per week...not that I recomend that but the op doesnt have a great base and stats are below optimal plus hes a vegetarian for crying out loud lol (poor kid) but thats his choice so he has to train more than 3 days per week and less cardio to start gaining some quality muscle.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by havanakid

Yes and no.For you with your stats and me with my stats sure we can get away with 3 intense workouts per week...not that I recomend that but the op doesnt have a great base and stats are below optimal plus hes a vegetarian for crying out loud lol (poor kid) but thats his choice so he has to train more than 3 days per week and less cardio to start gaining some quality muscle.
    This is a good point..... I wonder if I should start lifting more and doing less cardio..... I have been doing morning fasted cardio for so long that the second my eyes open I'm already headed out the door.... I wonder if I cut the cardio back I could lift harder.....
    havanakid likes this.

This is a good point..... I wonder if I should start lifting more and doing less cardio..... I have been doing morning fasted cardio for so long that the second my eyes open I'm already headed out the door.... I wonder if I cut the cardio back I could lift harder.....
    Yes and no again lol...and from experience I can tell you that its a play by ear day by day thing bro.For example on monday I was off work I got up and did fasted cardio for 45 minutes,I did abs and calves....TWO hours later I met my training partner for chest and beast it it....then today again I was off and slept in and did NO cardio and went to train legs and was already gettin winded after machine squats and free weight squats....so in summary this means that if I had done fasted cardio this morning there would be no way in hell that I wouldve had a good leg workout.I wouldve been depleted quicker than light.Generally though to answer your question YES if you cut the cardio back you will regularly lift harder.No doubt.

Double post
    Last edited by dinogoesrawr; 05-23-2013 at 12:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by havanakid View Post
    Yes and no again lol...and from experience I can tell you that its a play by ear day by day thing bro.For example on monday I was off work I got up and did fasted cardio for 45 minutes,I did abs and calves....TWO hours later I met my training partner for chest and beast it it....then today again I was off and slept in and did NO cardio and went to train legs and was already gettin winded after machine squats and free weight squats....so in summary this means that if I had done fasted cardio this morning there would be no way in hell that I wouldve had a good leg workout.I wouldve been depleted quicker than light.Generally though to answer your question YES if you cut the cardio back you will regularly lift harder.No doubt.
    Can you recommend a good workout split please? I think 6x a week is a bit excessive no? Cardio - I have only been doing 30 mins x 3 for 1.5 months because I wanted to burn stomach fat...also I do cardio after my workout not before.

Can you recommend a good workout split please? I think 6x a week is a bit excessive no? Cardio - I have only been doing 30 mins x 3 for 1.5 months because I wanted to burn stomach fat...also I do cardio after my workout not before.
    Let me show you my current workout routine and if it works for you give it a shot.There are a couple muscles that I train more than once per week because Im concentrating on their particular growth but I ll leave that out....Monday Chest,calves,weighted abs cardio/Tuesday Arms cardio/Wednesday Legs NO CARDIO/Thursday Back/Friday Shoulders Traps Cardio/Saturday Cardio only or rest/Sunday Rest.Every month I tweak it but this will be my routine for the 8 weeks of my current cycle.
    dinogoesrawr likes this.

Thread Information