Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By < <Samson> >

Thread: What is strength in comparison to size?

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries

What is strength in comparison to size?

Been thinking here for a bit. I am pushing a lot of sauce at the moment, yet I see very little "true" size growth. I am looking leaner, more defined - yet, my big measurements stay the same.

Can I be getting muscle density but not "real" size? Since, my strength is through the roof and I feel like granite compared to my usual semi soft self. I always felt a bit hollow, like my muscles were not very dense. My arms for instance, they would have a large rounded shape even when flexed and felt like they were watery.

Now, I feel a lot more dense and hardened up and my strength follows.

What is the mechanism behind this? Before I started the sauce and even when I first did, I just wanted to get bigger. But, now - I see bigger isn't really better. I don't want to look just watery and swelled up. I am more after a real solid heavy look.

So, I am content with this to a point. But, I am still expecting to see a size increase which I am not seeing.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    how's your diet?

increased mass is determined by how you eat in the kitchen

swm1972 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    And how you recover when you rest. Over training will create the exact situation you just described even if diet is dialed in.

stpete is offline Banned
    Some years ago i used dbol , test and deca . Believe it or not i lost weight and got strong as hell! I loved it! I ate like crazy but i was eating all the wrong foods. When i learned how to eat, everything changed. Strength was crazy and my energy went thru the roof!

I know we say it all the time, but it's in the diet my man.

AlinSR is offline new member
    I am actually weaker then I was three years ago but am 30 lbs heavier.

Blog Entries
    I already know the diet speech. This is not really my concern, not now at least. My carb deficit alone will prevent me from gaining serious weight.

I'm just trying to figure out what is the density I am seeing in the muscle size I already have. I

Straight up, I'm pretty big already yet some more size would be cool.

I'll take anyone's diet challenge now. It took me some time to tune this shit in, but now it works pretty well.

Gaining serious weight will be done on my bulker at the end of the year. I'm cool with just a few pounds of maintainable LBM while losing some more fat.

I been on top of this shit like a part time job. Why not? It costs a fortune and involves a lot of maintenance. But, hey - I like it compared to other shit I have done.

P.S. Over training may b the issue a bit. I workout hard, most of the time 6 days a week. I'm pulling back to 4-5.
    Last edited by < <Samson> >; 05-23-2013 at 09:02 PM.
    Java Man likes this.

Rwy
    Rwy is offline Productive Member
    Its hard not to want to lift when on that much sauce but rest is just as important as diet and working out

Java Man is offline Known Troll
    That happened to me when I got to 180lbs. Kept getting stronger and eating like a horse but no size gain. I was hard as rocks though. I stopped training for about 6 months then hit it hard again as if I had never taken a break and started a new cycle, changed my routine to low rep heavy heavy weight and short 30-45 min workouts. This got me past the plateau to 205lbs. I stayed around that weight for a few years then took a 10yr break.

So it has happened to me and I think it was over training, I had hit another plateau between intermediate and advanced training level after many years my body just was used to the abuse. I think as long as youre getting stronger you are still improving and at some point you have to start growing again. The resources to push more weight have to come from somewhere and hardness has a 'density limit' too.

when was the last time you took a few weeks off?
    Last edited by Java Man; 05-23-2013 at 10:25 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Java Man
    when was the last time you took a few weeks off?
    Geez, I don't think I had 3 consecutive days off from the gym in a row for damn near a year.

It is a fact though, I do just wanna workout while on this my sauce.

Btw how old are you dude and you look like you've been training for a while? Your muscles could be hitting maturity. that's pretty much what I described above lol.

Quote Originally Posted by < <Samson> > View Post

It is a fact though, I do just wanna workout while on this my sauce.
    I know the feeling well whatever you're doing is obviously working.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Java Man
    Btw how old are you dude and you look like you've been training for a while? Your muscles could be hitting maturity. that's pretty much what I described above lol.
    Gonna be 33 this year. Shit, I'm in way better shape than when I was 23. People don't believe I'm over 30, I'm like yeah - no, u gotta be like 25. Okay, works 4 me

But, yeah I was thinking about that after doing some research. Just like any other plateau, it just happens and shit must be switched up.

I have a whole new plan of attack for my winter bulker. Then I'm pretty sure I will pack on another 10 pounds of real weight.

It really comes down to watching how our bodies react. Then working toward the direction you are looking to go. i.e. Just huge size, very lean or just about strength.

Like I said, I am really content in how shit has been going. Of course I would love to just turn into hulk from one cycle, but that's just not gonna happen.

If all goes well, I should hit my target of a lean 220+ by the age of 35.

Youre the age I was when I hit that lsat plateau and quit everything for 10yrs. Ahhh what might have been...

I never had abs like yours though. That's my new goal. GL man I'm sure you'll hit the mark. Just don't quit whatever you do.

Thread Information