Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    VenicePump is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    171

    Anything to help control blood sugars (or block excessive hunger during sleep night?)

    Is there anything to help control my appetite in the middle of the night or hunger. I cannot help myself, but wake up and eat sometimes when I train hardcore one day. I want to eat sugars. I eat enough during the day as well, but for some reason I just get HUNGRY during night especially in my sleep. I wake up, feel like I need to eat something then back to bed. I think I am eating too much; therefore having hard to time losing some fat in certain areas on my body.

    I heard HGH works well to treat this, but of course HGH is not cheap. Is there anything else out there? Or something I can take when I get done working out or before I go to sleep that will just put my body into check. Therefore I am not craving so much sugars and etc?

  2. #2
    Tron3219's Avatar
    Tron3219 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    3,366
    What's the rest of ur diet like? And stats?


    If I wake up in the middle of the night I drink a protein shake.

  3. #3
    VenicePump is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    171
    Quote Originally Posted by Tron3219 View Post
    What's the rest of ur diet like? And stats?


    If I wake up in the middle of the night I drink a protein shake.
    Protein shake does not do it for me. I have to really tap into something like butter and bread with lots of skim milk. There again waking up 2-3 times a night. I eat nothing, BUT clean foods. I mean other people are like how do you diet 7 days a week. My diet consist of skim milk, complex carbs, and etc... Mainly all high quality foods, nothing dirty.

    I think my blood sugars are dropping dramatically low during my sleep. Therefore causing me to wake up to want to eat like CRAZY.

  4. #4
    Papiriqui's Avatar
    Papiriqui is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,151
    Quote Originally Posted by Tron3219 View Post
    What's the rest of ur diet like? And stats?


    If I wake up in the middle of the night I drink a protein shake.
    What he meant was to actually post your diet!!!! Milk is not the best source of nutrients when it comes to BB so i have to doubt you when you say "i eat clean foods"

  5. #5
    VenicePump is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    171
    Quote Originally Posted by Papiriqui View Post
    What he meant was to actually post your diet!!!! Milk is not the best source of nutrients when it comes to BB so i have to doubt you when you say "i eat clean foods"
    I have tried everything skim milk, protein, and of course I eat lots of egg whites, lean red meats, and grilled chicken. I have tried it all been doing this for years and I monitor every calorie through fit day everyday. BTW Milk is an excellent source of nutrition (skim milk). There is nothing wrong with milk at all as it has slow digesting proteins along with whey (even complex carbs). I confirmed this with my sports doctor.

    BTW Rich Gaspari use to drink milk like it's crazy and still does... Look it up, your crazy to not think skim milk is a good form of nutrition.

  6. #6
    Papiriqui's Avatar
    Papiriqui is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,151
    Anyways..........................What do you eat before bedtime? Have you tried over 80z on lean ground beef or steak, cottage cheese, casein protein, anything slow digesting? Have you gone to a Dr to ask why is this happening? Have you tried eating something sweet to see if that is the issue? How do you know is low blood sugar? How did you come up to that conclusion? Are you eating enough carbs? Sugar cravings come when you get hypo...

  7. #7
    Spartans09's Avatar
    Spartans09 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Detroit Suburbs
    Posts
    673
    Skim milk is not a good start to a "clean diet". There are about 12 friggin grams of sugar in 8 ounces. Why not just drink half a coke or eat a candy bar? Have you tried almond milk? I used to cringe at the thought but used it for about a week and absolutely love it. 0 sugar and 30 calories.

  8. #8
    Ashop's Avatar
    Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    9,943
    I would try having some casein based protein shake before bed and/or some cottage cheese.

  9. #9
    VenicePump is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    171
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartans09 View Post
    Skim milk is not a good start to a "clean diet". There are about 12 friggin grams of sugar in 8 ounces. Why not just drink half a coke or eat a candy bar? Have you tried almond milk? I used to cringe at the thought but used it for about a week and absolutely love it. 0 sugar and 30 calories.
    Milk is VERY low in GI... Milk contains complex carbs which help keep sugar levels steady. Then of course milk contains casein and whey protein (more casein then whey). Skim milk has a GI rating of 32 which is VERY GOOD.

    Which of course milk does not consist of my whole diet. I eat a lot of ezekiel bread, lean red meats, grilled chicken, egg whites, and etc.
    Last edited by VenicePump; 05-30-2013 at 03:53 PM.

  10. #10
    Times Roman's Avatar
    Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Back from Afghanistan
    Posts
    27,383
    Quote Originally Posted by VenicePump View Post
    Protein shake does not do it for me. I have to really tap into something like butter and bread with lots of skim milk. There again waking up 2-3 times a night. I eat nothing, BUT clean foods. I mean other people are like how do you diet 7 days a week. My diet consist of skim milk, complex carbs, and etc... Mainly all high quality foods, nothing dirty.

    I think my blood sugars are dropping dramatically low during my sleep. Therefore causing me to wake up to want to eat like CRAZY.
    I avoid simple carbs. One thing I learned from Atkins is that once you cut out all the real simple carbs, like bread, and only eat the minimum complex carbs you need to hit your macros, you won't crave the simple carbs anymore. It takes a few weeks for this to kick in. But if you were to avoid all simple carbs (sugar, bread, pasta, fruit, milk, etc.) you will find your craving for them will dissipate.

    You can consume some psyllium husk fiber (it absorbs 10x it's weight in water) and that will help some. Additionally, before bed, some real slow burning protein like eggs should carry you through the night.

    For me, I get hungry after sex, and without fail, I'm in the kitchen after, looking for some cottege cheese and maybe a casein protein shake.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •