OverTraineD is offline New Member

Test-e and Halo cycle

Looking at taking 300mg a week of test for 8 wks and 15mg ed of halotestin for 3wks for my 2nd cycle. Still very new to this so any input would be appreciated. I've done my fair share of research and general census is that you should take at least 500 mg a week of test, however this is as much as I could get at the moment. My first cycle was d-bol at 25mg ed for 7 wks and gained 17lbs and added 30lbs to bench press. I will also be taking Nolva for pct.

MartyMcFly is offline Senior Member
    Why Halo? I wouldn't ever touch it myself. I'm assuming test prop since only 8 weeks.

Stats?

5'8, 170lbs, 12% bf. I chose Halo over d-bol because I'm not looking to gain more than 15lbs, just want to get more toned for the summer. I will bulk next cycle. I'll be using test enanthate .

OnTheSauce is offline Banned
    Lol at using halo at 12% to get toned.

MartyMcFly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OverTraineD View Post
    5'8, 170lbs, 12% bf. I chose Halo over d-bol because I'm not looking to gain more than 15lbs, just want to get more toned for the summer. I will bulk next cycle. I'll be using test enanthate.
    Bad cycle. Keep reading. How old btw?

Quote Originally Posted by MartyMcFly View Post
    Bad cycle. Keep reading. How old btw?
    I'm 28 yrs old. Why is it you think this is a bad cycle? I could wait a while longer and get some more test and up it to 500mg a week but I thought for my goals (want to gain about 15lbs) 300mg would be ok. I was also thinking about adding arimidex to my cycle as well.

Quote Originally Posted by patrick4588 View Post
    Lol at using halo at 12% to get toned.
    Hey come on now 12% aint that bad lol. Maybe toned isn't the right word, just looking to get more definition that's all. Im just looking for something to give my cycle a kickstart and chose this over d-bol.

OnTheSauce is offline Banned
    Halo is used by powerlifters looking for increased strength and aggression without gaining mass. Its incredibly toxic. Bodybuilders use it the last couple weeks to harden up more when around 5% bf. Since you are neither, its a terrible choice. There are healthier, better options for your goal. Personally I think you can reach your goal with a dialed in diet and cardio. If you're set on using a cycle ALONG with proper diet and cardio, test only is your best choice since you havent done a proper cycle yet.
    Last edited by OnTheSauce; 05-31-2013 at 11:42 PM.

thedeerhunter is offline New Member
    Test E should be ran 12 weeks. I didn't see any mention of hcg or pct. read about some AI's like arimidex . Do some more research man. Check out the stickies. I've never done a cycle but I have been reading on the site for over a year now.

I've recently hit a plateau and thought it would be a good time to try another cycle. I know test takes about 4wks to kick in so thought halo would give me a nice boost to my workouts. I've heard its one of the most toxic orals u can take but from my research using a low dose like 15mgs for 3-4 wks should be fine. It seems like ppl who take halo love it or hate it so just wanted to give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by thedeerhunter View Post
    Test E should be ran 12 weeks. I didn't see any mention of hcg or pct. read about some AI's like arimidex. Do some more research man. Check out the stickies. I've never done a cycle but I have been reading on the site for over a year now.
    Yeah 12 wks is what most recommend so I'm still trying to decide what to do, 300mgs for 8 wks or 500mgs for 12 wks. 12 wks seems like a long time to me though and I'm worried about recovery going that long, If I had access to some hcg I'd probably be more willing to go 12 wks.

thedeerhunter is offline New Member
    Pretty sure test e doesn't peak until week 8. And it's around then that you will start to really notice some changes

Thread Information