Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member

Check my thyroid levels over time? (TSH)

Name TSH
    7/26/2007 0.9
    10/3/2008 1.0
    7/28/2010 1.26
    7/19/2012 0.94
    6/4/2013 0.81

And Kaiser's "relevant range"
    Standard range 0.10-5.50 uIU/mL

So I know it's in the "standard range"

Leave it alone? I was thinking of bumping it with some T3 to increase metabolism which will help me reduce bf% a bit.

Thoughts?

AD
    AD is offline Knowledgeable Member
    were you on any T3 or T4 when you did those tests? usually TSH will decrease if your T4/T3 increase, regardless of whether they are endogenous or from tablets.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AD View Post
    were you on any T3 or T4 when you did those tests? usually TSH will decrease if your T4/T3 increase, regardless of whether they are endogenous or from tablets.
    I have never taken T 3/4.

Ok, so excuse my being a dumb ass (this isn't something I've thoroughly checked out yet), so just like golf, the lower the score, the "Higher" your metabolism and therefore better off when considering reducing bf%?

Is that basically the idea?

AD
    TSH fluctuates according to your body/brain's assessment of your current T3/T4 levels. if you body/brain likes your current T3/T4 level, meaning when your metabolism is at a point that your body/brain feels is normal, then your TSH will be in the normal range.

if your T3/T4 is too high, either by disease or by "overdosing" of tabs, then the TSH will decrease in response.

if your T3/T4 is too low, then TSH will increase, to stimulate the thyroid gland to increase production.

this is when your pituitary is functioning properly.

if someone has hypopit, then their labs will show low TSH and low fT4 as well.

its the T3/T4 that controls your metabolic rate. TSH is the pituitary's way to regulate your thyroid gland.

AD
    i think most people who uses T3/T4 to help with fat loss will completely disregard their thyroid labs when they're on. when you add exogenous T3/T4 to your previously normal system, of cos the labs will go crazy when you're on.

but it may be a good idea to check fT4 and TSH after the "cycle" is over. just to see how things settle down.

Thread Information