ChestNBack is offline Associate Member

Best way to heat up Test before injecting?

Whats the best way or different methods that work for reducing pip. First injection ever was 6 days ago and I am still feeling the pain? And its a consistent soreness all day. And its even worse when I lay down and have to get up. The pressure created when I lift my body up goes straight to the glute which is where I injected.

MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChestNBack
    Whats the best way or different methods that work for reducing pip. First injection ever was 6 days ago and I am still feeling the pain? And its a consistent soreness all day. And its even worse when I lay down and have to get up. The pressure created when I lift my body up goes straight to the glute which is where I injected.
    If its still sore after 6 days, it may be a contusion (bruise) or infection. Is the area hard or warm/hot to the touch.

Heating gear won't impact PIP much if at all.

Red Bastard is offline Member
    The way I figure it, by heating the gear, the oil flows through the needle much easier. That way, you can have a steadier hand, especially when new to injecting. A steadier hand does less damage, and presumably will give ya less pip. But, first few times, in any muscle, hurts.

I fill my syringe, pull in an extra .5 cc of air, lay it on my electric heating pad, with the needle end slightly raised, fold the pad over, and leave it for a minute, as I tidy my kit up. You can tell when the oil has warmed, as it "sloshes" differently....

Viscosity of suspension/oil won't have to much of an impact unless injecting a large volume in a small muscle. 1ml of 100mg/ml gear in a small area would definitely be less painful than 400mg/ml gear in same small area. Generally, PIP is a result of:

- inexperience
    - "virgin" muscles
    - volume of gear injected
    - concentration of gear
    - bore size (larger bores causing more PIP)
    - injection depth
    - speed of injection
    - sterilization (lack of)
    - cellulitis
    - accessed trauma

crazy mike is offline Banned for repping Dangerous Substances
    I put the vials in my hand and use a blow dryer on them and get them warm to the touch. Not too warm. ....crazy mike

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleInk View Post
    If its still sore after 6 days, it may be a contusion (bruise) or infection. Is the area hard or warm/hot to the touch.

Heating gear won't impact PIP much if at all.
    Muscle Ink you are scaring me. I doubt its infected. The area of my glute looks normal. The other glute that I injected just three days ago on mon is less sore that the other glute. The difference was I rubbed the second injection area longer than I did the first injection site to see if that helped with the pain. Also I injected a little higher and a little more out for the second shot to see if that would help. The soreness in the first injection site that was injected last thursday is starting to feel better but still sore. Leg day is tomorrow for me so I think that might actually help me out a little. I guess I just want to know if 6 or 7 days for a first-timer normal as far as soreness goes. If I am still sore by next week I will make my way to the doctor.

Quote Originally Posted by ChestNBack

Muscle Ink you are scaring me. I doubt its infected. The area of my glute looks normal. The other glute that I injected just three days ago on mon is less sore that the other glute. The difference was I rubbed the second injection area longer than I did the first injection site to see if that helped with the pain. Also I injected a little higher and a little more out for the second shot to see if that would help. The soreness in the first injection site that was injected last thursday is starting to feel better but still sore. Leg day is tomorrow for me so I think that might actually help me out a little. I guess I just want to know if 6 or 7 days for a first-timer normal as far as soreness goes. If I am still sore by next week I will make my way to the doctor.
    No need to panic and my apologies if I contributed to your angst. As long as the pain isn't getting worse, the area isn't hard and hot to touch and you aren't spiking a fever, its likely a contusion or possibly a hematoma. These will both resolve on their own.

What bore size (gauge) and needle length do you use for your glutes?
    Last edited by MuscleInk; 06-06-2013 at 01:36 AM.

23g 1 in

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    The best thing for pip is to cut your test will sterile oil.Pip is usually caused by high BA content

I assume sterile oil is not an illegal substance so where can I buy this from? Is it something I can get OTC. Is there a certain brand or type I should get. Also would I draw from my Test vial first and the draw from the sterile oil tube and shake so that it mixes evenly?

JdFlex is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by songdog View Post
    The best thing for pip is to cut your test will sterile oil.Pip is usually caused by high BA content
    Good suggestion. I always do this with UG test otherwise I get crippling pip.

JdFlex is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChestNBack View Post
    23g 1 in
    I go 25g 1".

Thread Information